University of Kansas c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had my interview last saturday. From what I heard, the last interview is March 12th and there's about 230 applicants overall that received an interview. I've talked to some of the P3 students who had an interview last April and they received their acceptance letter by April 15th. So they might be sending letters starting the last week of March

They're trying to do things as early as possible this year. I hear they're hoping to have all the letters out during Spring Break.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on getting an interview and good luck tomorrow!

Interview went ok today. Very anxious to find out where I stand. Does the school of pharmacy put more emphasis on students who attended KU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not from what I've heard. I think they said that usually about 35 percent of the class completes their prerequisites at KU

that being said... (I'm from out of state) somewhere on their website or during my campus visit (i think both) it says about 90% of the students are from the state of kansas..

that being said... (I'm from out of state) somewhere on their website or during my campus visit (i think both) it says about 90% of the students are from the state of kansas..

90% have some sort of connection with kansas...it may be 95%.

I saw Dean Hotchkiss today in the cafe and he said that the interviewing process is pretty much over so I'm sure you guys won't be waiting for too long.

I saw Dean Hotchkiss today in the cafe and he said that the interviewing process is pretty much over so I'm sure you guys won't be waiting for too long.

fingers crossed!!!!! :thumbup:

Welp, maybe I'll get in next year I guess :(:(:( ...but at the same time, I don't know if I want to go to KU anymore. It seems like no matter how hard I try they always find a reason not to accept me. People with similar stats (or worse) having gotten the school. I do what they tell me, I always try my best (even though it's not perfect, I always try my best.)...this process has caused more harm than good.

Last edited:
Welp, maybe I'll get in next year I guess :(:(:( ...but at the same time, I don't know if I want to go to KU anymore. It seems like no matter how hard I try they always find a reason not to accept me. People with similar stats (or worse) having gotten the school. I do what they tell me, I always try my best (even though it's not perfect, I always try my best.)...this process has caused more harm than good.

Where did you do your pre-requisites? KU or somewhere else?

What does your GPA look like? Is it below 3.0?

I know a person that got accepted last year with PCAT score around 30s and below 3.5 GPA. But she had good LOR and pharmacy experience. So if you're not good on paper, you can always build up your stats by other means

The majority of the out of state students come from Missouri so if you're from there that bodes better for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a person that got accepted last year with PCAT score around 30s and below 3.5 GPA. But she had good LOR and pharmacy experience. So if you're not good on paper, you can always build up your stats by other means

I agree. They look at everything from your GPA, PCAT to your LORs. Experience in pharmacy field is also taken into consideration. I'd say you could still make it simply sit down with one of the academic counselors to seek counsel on how to increase your chances. Good luck

I just spoke with Gina and she confirmed that the first acceptance letters will be going out next Monday.
:scared:

I just spoke with Gina and she confirmed that the first acceptance letters will be going out next Monday.
:scared:
Hi! I was wondering if you mean Monday, March 18th or Monday, March 25th.

Thank you!

That link is an excellent resource. It's important to note that they update that system daily around 1030 pm.

I'm attaching a link where you can find your current status. I'm not sure how often they update it but it may be faster than the mail once they make their decisions next week. Goodluck!

https://ires.ku.edu/~irdata/ApplStat/index.shtml

I am so nervous! yikes... so what is everyone's status saying at the moment? application review?

Last edited:
I think it says "defer decision" until the admission committee grant you an admission then it will change to admit.

Thank you. I hope so! Does anyone know how long does it take to send all the acceptance letters? If they start on Monday, will it take like a week to send them all? Good luck everyone. :)

Thank you. I hope so! Does anyone know how long does it take to send all the acceptance letters? If they start on Monday, will it take like a week to send them all? Good luck everyone. :)

It usually takes 3-5 days. Keep in mind that they won't send all the letters in one day. They might spread it out throughout the week.

Last edited:
I am planning to move to Kansas this summer to be closer to work. What's needed to change to in state tuition... probably show 6months/1year of living there :confused:

I am planning to move to Kansas this summer to be closer to work. What's needed to change to in state tuition... probably show 6months/1year of living there :confused:

I forgot how long. I readmitted to KU because I went to undergrad there a few years ago and one of the questions was asking how long I'd lived in Kansas. I believe it's either 1 or 2 years.

I forgot how long. I readmitted to KU because I went to undergrad there a few years ago and one of the questions was asking how long I'd lived in Kansas. I believe it's either 1 or 2 years.

ok thanks... as long as they let one change. I was told some schools don't allow change of residency once you are in the program. That made me freak out a lil bit :scared:- but i don't see anything on KU website suggesting that.

Has anyone noticed that their status from the admissions website has been updated?

Nothing has changed for me so far.

Did you notice any change?

That website does not work for me, because I am a current student at KU finishing my bachelors degree. I wish that it did, though.

It's still defer decision. Hasn't been updated since mid-January when my stuff got there.

It's still defer decision. Hasn't been updated since mid-January when my stuff got there.

We only hope they don't make wait another 3 to 4 weeks to find out if we got accepted or not.

I just called the office and she said they will be sending out acceptance letters in April... Well at least I can watch March Madness to get my mind off this waiting game

I just called the office and she said they will be sending out acceptance letters in April... Well at least I can watch March Madness to get my mind off this waiting game

:((

Yeah, this news kind of bums me out, too. I have been checking the mail everyday this week waiting to hear something.

so has anyone heard of anyone receiving an acceptance letter? im curious because ive heard different things about when letter are going out. some said monday the 18th, others said later. im kinda freaking out!

does anyone know if they are done with interviewing or not?

does anyone know if they are done with interviewing or not?

At this point I would be very very surprised if they are continuing the interviews.

I think depending on when the admission committee met to decide on who is in and who isn't, acceptance letters should going out anytime now.

Let just cross fingers that it doesn't take so long.

I emailed Gina King last week, and this is the response I got today:
"Letters have not gone out yet and with last week being spring break several people from the committee were gone. I believe they will start going out no later than April 15th."

Does this confirm they are done interviewing? Because I called few moment ago and was told they were still interviewing.

I emailed Gina King last week, and this is the response I got today:
"Letters have not gone out yet and with last week being spring break several people from the committee were gone. I believe they will start going out no later than April 15th."

Oh my God! April 15th?!!! :scared: But thanks for letting us know!

I'm pretty sure this last page proves that no one really knows anything and it's best to just wait for the letters without speculating when they may arrive.

I'm pretty sure this last page proves that no one really knows anything and it's best to just wait for the letters without speculating when they may arrive.
I agree! will the acceptance letter say which campus or is that decided after the fact? jus wondering?