University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMDgirl2008

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to put Pre-dental stuff on here...but I wanted to get some responses from students at UMaryland.

I'm waitlisted at UMaryland right now. Does anyone know what the chances of getting in are if you are waitlisted. Will they tell my place in the waitlist?

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

NO idea about the waitlist but they are done interviewing.

Originally posted by spooky42
NO idea about the waitlist but they are done interviewing.

Thanks for the info Spooky42. I wonder how long the waitlist is!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what the deal is with UMD, Its been over a month since my interview there and everytime I call the admission's office they claim my application is still being "under review".. Whatever, I going to BU!

gatorfan..

Originally posted by gatorfan99
I don't know what the deal is with UMD, Its been over a month since my interview there and everytime I call the admission's office they claim my application is still being "under review".. Whatever, I going to BU!

gatorfan..

I know exactly how you feel!! Who did you talk to at UMaryland? And when did you talk to them. I'm thinking of calling them again today.

I sent a FAX to the Admissions office explaning that I got another school and that I need an answer from them asap...

I sent a FAX to the Admissions office explaning that I got another school and that I need an answer from them asap...

Congrats Gatorfan!! Where else did you get into? I also sent them a fax with my acceptance letters...didn't really make much of a difference. Let me know if they get back to you though. Thanks!!!

Aurora,
I am going to Boston U. .. I tried applying to the DDS/PhD program at Maryland and apparently (well after 1 month) they haven't decided to let me in yet... oh well, stinks for them!

gatorfan.

Aurora,
I am going to Boston U. .. I tried applying to the DDS/PhD program at Maryland and apparently (well after 1 month) they haven't decided to let me in yet... oh well, stinks for them!

gatorfan.

Me too! I was interested in the DDS/PhD program as well. Are you from Florida? Who did to talk with at UMaryland? Did you talk to Ms. McNair? Everytime I talk to her...she says you'll hear from us soon!!

Yup, ditto on Mrs. McNair.. I was told my application is still being "processed" or something like that.. Anyways, I already paid the acceptance fee for B.U., so unless they offer me an incredible deal, I am not changing my mind.

Yup, I'm a UF senior, about to graduate in 25 or so days..

Are u in Florida as well?

Gatorfan

Gatorfan,

When did you interview? I'm from Maryland. It's really unfair of them to make you come here for an interview and then take so long to let you know if you are accepted a lot. At least for me it didn't cost anything to go to the interview!

Did you apply to Tufts? I think I'm going to go there.

No, I didnt apply to Tufts.. I actually only applied to 3 schools: UF, Maryland and Boston U.

I am actually very happy about B.U., I love all the high-tech stuff that it offers... even though its price tag is quite steep...

gatorfan

Gatorfan,

May I ask how your interview went at UMaryland. And who interviewed you?

Just wondering if I was interviewed by the same person. Florida--> Boston...that's a big change in weather.

I actually dont remember exactly who interviewed me... It was a student (who, by the way, was a total jerk> her questions were all as if she was trying to say "gotcha!") and a faculty member (i believe in pediatric dent or something).

Yeah, big change in the weather... I am going to have to adapt to all sorts of exotic stuff: "winter", "snow", etc.. lol . Oh well, I love the city, though.

gatorfan.

I actually dont remember exactly who interviewed me... It was a student (who, by the way, was a total jerk> her questions were all as if she was trying to say "gotcha!") and a faculty member (i believe in pediatric dent or something).

Yeah, big change in the weather... I am going to have to adapt to all sorts of exotic stuff: "winter", "snow", etc.. lol . Oh well, I love the city, though.

gatorfan.

Oh my gosh...I think we were interviewed by the same people!!! The 4th year student that interviewed me was sooo mean!!! And the faculty member was a pediatric dentist. When did you interview by the way?

I had my interview on Feb 4., I think I was the only one there that showed interested in the combined program, though.. I thought the guy with the PhD part of the program, whom I met with after all the dental school stuff was done was pretty cool. He was certainly way more chill and down to earth than all the dental hot heads I met that day..

Bernardo.

Gatorfan,

UMaryland required a 2nd deposit from the accepted students on April 1st. So maybe we will hear from them soon. I imagine that a lot of students that gave the 1st deposit to UMaryland then decided to go to other schools.

I actually just notice today that they accepted me! Its a shame though, because I am already committed to B.U.

How did you get to know? Did they send you a letter? Or on infosource?