University of Maryland!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bebe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the approximate time between interview and acceptance/rejection?

Bebe

Members don't see this ad.

It took 3 weeks for me, I believe that the adcom meets once per month, if they aren't sure about you, they will defer making a decision on you to later in the year.

This weekend, I got my interview request for UMD. It's not until January 23rd, but it gives me a bit of peace of mind for the holidays.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

Just from what people have said at other interviews and stuff, it looks like 3 weeks is the minimum -- and the maximum is several months. But that's pretty rare, I think.

Best of luck! I hope you hear soon and get some good news. :)

Also, Coalboy, good luck with your interview!

thanks, elle.

Yeah, good luck, bebe!
How long has it been for you?

3 weeks since by interview, today. I know I sound paranoid but it would be a nice Christmas present!!

As far as I know from other interviewees, and as for my own, interviews are extremely low stress.

They just want to get to know you. Also , you may never get asked this, but think about why you would choose University of Maryland and what can you offer them?

Good luck on your interview Coalboy!!!!!!!!!!!!

but think about why you would choose University of Maryland and what can you offer them?••

I suppose "my sparkling personality" would not suffice as an answer. :)

Thanks for the tip!

3 weeks exactly for me, good luck

bebe,

I hope you hear soon, but please don't worry if you don't -- not everyone will hear in 3-4 weeks. As a personal example, I haven't heard and its been well over two months. I am not bothered by this, I just think it's interesting ... so best of luck to you, but if you don't hear this week don't stress about it. :)