University of Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I liked the program a lot when I interviewed there. The program director and residents were awesome I just didn't like Worcester. Is there anything specific you'd like to know?
 
Do the residents seem to get along, what about with the attendings? What is the worst thing about the program? Do they go to any other hospitals besides UMass Memorial?
 
I am 4th year at UMass med going into Ob/Gyn. I think our Ob/Gyn program is very strong and I'd have tried hard to stay if I didn't want to move closer to family outside of Massachusetts. The program has great teaching, excellent experience both on the OB side and on the surgical/Gyn side. The faculty are very dedicated and motivated to teach.

Let me know if you have a specific concern.
 
The residents do seem to get along. They also get along with the attendings. One of the nice things about the program (in my opinion) is that you manage the patients of both faculty and private attendings. This gives you a wide exposure to various management approaches. For me the Worcester location is a plus as I like the proximity with good hiking, canoeing, skiing, etc.

They also go to St. Vincent's Hospital but most of the rotation is at Memorial. St. Vincent's is pretty close to Memorial so a long commute is not an issue.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.