University of Miami- DPT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dptkbrown_1385

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if everyone who applies to UM gets an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an invitation to interview. I'm picking October 24th. Anyone else picking that date? Also I would LOVE to know how many they are interviewing and how many are accepted. I haven't found that information anywhere though. I guess that's a good question to ask during the interview LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
When did PTCAS mail out for you guys who got an interview and what were your stats if you don't mind me asking :)

I have an interview on Oct 3!! The mailing date on my application was 8/26.
My Stats are:
Major: Exercise Science
GPA: 3.78(PTCAS)
Pre-req GPA: 3.75
GRE: V-156 Q-151 W4.0
Observation hours: 150 split between 3 settings

Goodluck to evveryone else interviewing!

Mine mailed on August 28. I'm a nontraditional student. My overall GPA counting grades from 20 years ago is a 3.06. My GPA the last four years is a 3.77 and my prerequisite GPA is a 3.51. My GRE is V153 Q145 W 4

When did PTCAS mail out for you guys who got an interview and what were your stats if you don't mind me asking :)

Mailed: July 29

Interview: October 3rd

Undergraduate degree BA Biology

Graduate degree: Master of Public Health (MPH)

GRE: 154 v 150 q, 4.0 writing

Observation: 30 hrs outpatient ortho, 30 hrs outpatient neuro, 50hrs aquatic, 25 hrs inpatient( ICU, Cancer, Stroke). Currently working as a tech part-time.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Mailed: July 29

Interview: October 3rd

Undergraduate degree BA Biology

Graduate degree: Master of Public Health (MPH)

GRE: 154 v 150 q, 4.0 writing

Observation: 30 hrs outpatient ortho, 30 hrs outpatient neuro, 50hrs aquatic, 25 hrs inpatient( ICU, Cancer, Stroke). Currently working as a tech part-time.

Posted using SDN Mobile
You're a shoo in :). I can't imagine them not accepting you.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope so, they're my #1 choice.
I think you've got it in the bag. There probably aren't too many people with Masters degrees applying. I hope more applicants get on this thread so we can all stress out together LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a beautiful area:). I'm from Wellsburg WV. I've been to the Poconos though!

I've seen about 3 or 4 people on here who are interviewing with me next week October 3rd, is anybody else on here interviewing then? Just trying to gauge how big my interview group will be.

I'm hoping everyone on this thread will keep everyone else updated as to their status? If I get in you won't need to check the thread because you'll hear me screaming with joy:)

Good luck to everyone interviewing with me tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an invitation to interview. I'm picking October 24th. Anyone else picking that date? Also I would LOVE to know how many they are interviewing and how many are accepted. I haven't found that information anywhere though. I guess that's a good question to ask during the interview LOL

It may have changed since graduating, but I recall as many as 24 interviewees per group, with 8-12 groups during the fall/spring. On occasion, they will do individual interviews during the week.

I don't believe they accept a set number per interview group, but I would imagine they accept as many as 90-100 students in total knowing that a certain percentage will not attend. I have no inside knowledge of how the adcom decides these things, so this is purely conjecture.

Good luck

It may have changed since graduating, but I recall as many as 24 interviewees per group, with 8-12 groups during the fall/spring. On occasion, they will do individual interviews during the week.

I don't believe they accept a set number per interview group, but I would imagine they accept as many as 90-100 students in total knowing that a certain percentage will not attend. I have no inside knowledge of how the adcom decides these things, so this is purely conjecture.

Good luck
Thank you very much! I will just do my best and hope it is good enough:)

Thank you very much! I will just do my best and hope it is good enough:)

Just got done with my interview at the U, and now I can't imagine going anywhere else. I need to go here. Even though my group was the first group, there were between 20-40 people in total, I didn't count so let's say 30. Anyway this school is amazing.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Just got done with my interview at the U, and now I can't imagine going anywhere else. I need to go here. Even though my group was the first group, there were between 20-40 people in total, I didn't count so let's say 30. Anyway this school is amazing.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Please tell me everything:). I'd love to hear about the entire experience. Did they tell you when they will be accepting people?

Just interview at U on October 3rd as well.... The people who interview how did it go?.... I'm so anxious for an answer soon... I feel I don't wanna go anywhere else either!!!! Good luck to those that are going on the 24th

Posted using SDN Mobile
Hey! Which group where in? I was in the campus tour at 9 and interview at 10... Who did you interviewed with?

Hey! Which group where in? I was in the campus tour at 9 and interview at 10... Who did you interviewed with?

I was in your group then, same schedule, got to experience the intense heat before the interview too. I'll send you a PM.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I was in your group then, same schedule, got to experience the intense heat before the interview too. I'll send you a PM.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Oh lord! That heat lol... Yeah just send me a PM

Does anyone know if everyone who applies to UM gets an interview?
Just to answer to your question, out of 700+ applicants only 200-250 get interview, from those they get 50-55 acceptance the other split between waiting list and rejections

I'm from the Poconos in Pennsylvania! Hbu?
Interview is fast approaching! I will be the 41 year old guy with the shaved head wearing a black suit. I usually stick out :)

Just bumping the thread to see if any applicants/interviewees have heard anything yet.

I called Friday last week, they said they are still going through files of ppl in the interview of oct. 3rd, and this Friday they have another interview session, so I'm guessing they are a little behind schedule with the decision making

I called Friday last week, they said they are still going through files of ppl in the interview of oct. 3rd, and this Friday they have another interview session, so I'm guessing they are a little behind schedule with the decision making
I wonder if they will make any decisions before the second round of interviewees arrive this week. Does anyone know how many interview dates they have?

I wonder if they will make any decisions before the second round of interviewees arrive this week. Does anyone know how many interview dates they have?

I don't think anyone will hear anything until November considering the adcom can only meet every 2-3 weeks and it hasn't been 3 weeks since my October 3rd interview. I'm hoping that my early interview = early acceptance.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I don't think anyone will hear anything until November considering the adcom can only meet every 2-3 weeks and it hasn't been 3 weeks since my October 3rd interview. I'm hoping that my early interview = early acceptance.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Do you know that for sure? I was not aware the adcom only met every 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck.

Do you know that for sure? I was not aware the adcom only met every 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck.

Most if not all adcoms meet once a month, sometimes less than that. I was basing my knowledge on the prior years interview to acceptance time frame. It seems that the earliest has anyone found out (at least on SDN ) was around November. Though, I wouldn't mind receiving an acceptance before then. :)

Most if not all adcoms meet once a month, sometimes less than that. I was basing my knowledge on the prior years interview to acceptance time frame. It seems that the earliest has anyone found out (at least on SDN ) was around November. Though, I wouldn't mind receiving an acceptance before then. :)
Ha! I hear ya!

I don't care when do they meet, I just want an answer!!!

I don't care when do they meet, I just want an answer!!!
I will make sure that I ask some of the above questions at my interview on Friday. I hate not knowing also. They may give me an answer because its not wise to stress out a 41 year old guy. It's a health risk LOL:)

I will make sure that I ask some of the above questions at my interview on Friday. I hate not knowing also. They may give me an answer because its not wise to stress out a 41 year old guy. It's a health risk LOL:)
They won't disclose the timeline because the way they compare applicants they pretty much wait until the last minute to reject you... If you don't get pick from you interview round they hold you app to compare you with the groups that come afterwards, that's why they tell you to don't stress if you don't hear right away. But I'm still stressing!!!!

They won't disclose the timeline because the way they compare applicants they pretty much wait until the last minute to reject you... If you don't get pick from you interview round they hold you app to compare you with the groups that come afterwards, that's why they tell you to don't stress if you don't hear right away. But I'm still stressing!!!!

This is why I want to go to this school, they actually read my whole application and letters of reference. And they are much more friendly than some other programs.

Posted using SDN Mobile

This is why I want to go to this school, they actually read my whole application and letters of reference. And they are much more friendly than some other programs.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Hopefully they really do... Even thou they still rank students and accept the top ones based on the comparison selection.... We will see.... I'm loosing hope slowly with the wait

I had my interview yesterday:). I loved the program and hope I get accepted. The interview was very laid back and relaxed. They just try to get to know you. They told us a decision would be made by March. That sucks, but it is what it is. I also spoke with several of the students and one of the current students interviewed last year in October and was accepted in March. One student interviewed in November and was accepted in five days. So there is no way to put a date on hearing anything.

I have my interview in a couple weeks. What should I expect? This will be my only interview so I want to make sure to be prepared!

Admissions commette meeting first week of December to decide on everybody that has been on interview day up to that point.... Decision will be made shortly after then and mailed... Got that info today from admissions. Hope this helps, because I have been loosing my mind... They said the delayed has been due to the large amount of applicants this year.

Admissions commette meeting first week of December to decide on everybody that has been on interview day up to that point.... Decision will be made shortly after then and mailed... Got that info today from admissions. Hope this helps, because I have been loosing my mind... They said the delayed has been due to the large amount of applicants this year.

Well my birthday is the first week of December so I hope they consider that when making decisions... But seriously thank you for this information. I had called admissions the other day, but it was before they opened.

Did they specify what they meant by large number of applicants? Now I'm worried that they will be interviewing more than the 200-250 that they normally do. Just curious if they said if the interview pool is also larger than normal. Thanks for the update though!