University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boom shakalaka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I figured I would get this thread started. It may have been kind of early to create it, but I can't hide my excitement anymore. Who else has made UM their final decision!? :D

Members don't see this ad.

I have also made UM my final decision!!! I can't wait to start, even though everyone else tells me to enjoy the last semester of my senior year

ive been committed since october! yay miami :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I cannot wait to start this August at UM! I'm so excited!! :soexcited::woot::clap:

I'm so excited to be joining you all! I'm definitely coming too!

:) I am really happy to be coming here in the fall. I was screaming when I got in, along with everyone else in my family including one of the birds. Lol

great to meet all of you! unfortunately I'll be starting in june for the md/mph program =(

anyone figure out their housing situation yet?

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one excited to go. Hope to see you all soon:D

How long did it take you guys to get the acceptance letter/packet after the phone call and email?

How long did it take you guys to get the acceptance letter/packet after the phone call and email?

I am actually still waiting and I got the call Jan. 26th. I called the office and I was told it really is not an acceptance packet, it is just a letter, but they have been sent out.

After finding out in early December, it took a little over a week for my letter to come in the mail. It was just an official acceptance letter... no packet. I think we'll all have more information in March when they set up the website. Aside from completing the scholarship application, is there anything else we should be doing now??

Like many of you, I can't wait to start in August! I look forward to meeting everyone :)

After finding out in early December, it took a little over a week for my letter to come in the mail. It was just an official acceptance letter... no packet. I think we'll all have more information in March when they set up the website. Aside from completing the scholarship application, is there anything else we should be doing now??

Like many of you, I can't wait to start in August! I look forward to meeting everyone :)

Mind if I ask what scholarship application you are referring to? I do not think I received any information on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah its a form you have to fill out if you want to receive any form of aid from UMiami (merit, need, diversity). It's available here:

https://www6.miami.edu/UMH/Forms/UMH_Form_Display/1,3233,245,00.html

Thank you for the information. I also found this site from last years class, I am pretty sure they will be setting one up for the 2015 class soon. It has a lot of information on it though along with last years calendar.

http://www.mededu.miami.edu/Admissions

Hi everyone!!:hello: I am extremely excited to start as well!!!:soexcited: Its all about the []_[] baby!! CLASS OF 2015 ALL THE WAY!:highfive:

great to meet all of you! unfortunately I'll be starting in june for the md/mph program =(

anyone figure out their housing situation yet?

I'll be doing the MD program, but the MD/MPH is definately a great program too.. So congrats!!

So I am thinking about housing/roommate situation... Is anyone planning on waiting till the second look weekend to find a roommate?

Just got the phone call yesterday and I am freaking STOKED! I was at the grocery store and literally just yelled "WAHOOOOOOO!!!" and "Thank you!" nonstop, I bet the guy grabbing his TV dinner thought I was crazy.

So if I am 100% coming to UMiami, is it normal to still come to second-look?

Super excited to meet all you guys!

Just got the phone call yesterday and I am freaking STOKED! I was at the grocery store and literally just yelled "WAHOOOOOOO!!!" and "Thank you!" nonstop, I bet the guy grabbing his TV dinner thought I was crazy.

So if I am 100% coming to UMiami, is it normal to still come to second-look?

Super excited to meet all you guys!

Hey so when did you interview that you got your answer on the 23rd?

Hey everyone, I was recently put on the wait list at Miami. I was informed that each person on the wait list is ranked with a number. Does anyone know what my chances of getting in might be?

Interviewd March 11, got accepted on the 23rd as well... I was sooo excited Miami ROCKS I think im going to second look even though im def going here

Hey everyone, I was recently put on the wait list at Miami. I was informed that each person on the wait list is ranked with a number. Does anyone know what my chances of getting in might be?

hey im waiting for the decision as well... Lumberjack26, when did you interview?

Last edited:
hi everyone I'm a UM med alum, just wanted to wish congratulations and good luck to everyone who will be starting at UM this fall! it will absolutely prepare you to handle anything in residency, good luck. :luck:

Congratulations guys! UM Med Alum here as well, feel free to send along any questions.

Hi guys,

Congrats to all that have been accepted to UM!!! I am currently a Junior at FIU in Miami and I am applying to UM medical school this June..I was wondering if you guys that have been accepted, would mind sharing your info (GPA, MCAT, etc.)? I am just trying to see if I match the accepted students info..Here is my profile and i would love for you to tell me what you think!

Name: Karisa Brown
Race: White
Undergrad: FIU- Miami
GPA starting 3rd year: 3.62
Science GPA: 3.5
Volunteer: 2 years at UM/JMH (ER), 2 years at local clinic
Extras: NSCS, Full Time Job, Cum laude
MCAT: will take in june

I know the MCAT is also a big factor, but based on my info so far, remind you, I still have this whole year to add (3rd year), what do you guys who have been accepted think? Do i have a chance?