University of Michigan interview.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyFox2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So U of M has set up an interview with me. I've decided even though I got into Wayne State, I should at least check them out, after all, they are Michigan.

Here's the classic: This is not 1 interview. This day will consist of 4 interviews, back to back to back to back.

If I hadn't been accepted to Wayne State, I'd be having a panic attack right now. The good thing is that the assistant Dean asked me via email if I had been accepted to any other programs, and I was blatantly honest and told her yes. I figured that if I go in with the interviewers knowing this, it will make me more relaxed and confident.

Anyways, anyone else here with experience with U of M's interview process? I feel like I'm interviewing at Pfizer or Harvard Med School or something.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on gettin an interview!

i didnt apply to Umich so---sorry cant help you, good luck though.

So you're going to be rolling into the great city of Ann Arbor huh? Good for you, I think you'll enjoy the experience. I wish I could comment on how they do things at UM, but alas, I wasn't required to do the interview. I wish I was, because it sounds like fun.

Dean Perry is an extremely nice lady, and being honest and candid about everything with her is probably a good thing.

I can comment on Pharm. School interviews in general because I've had 4 so far-and they all turned out very good. Be yourself, which can be hard when they throw behavior type questions at you like: name your strengths and weaknesses and describe a specific time when you had to overcome your weakness. I think having a good number of preformed answers to questions is good, and helps the interview move at a good pace. If you don't know how to respond to something, say that while you're thinking about an answer. There really are no right answers, just how to present your response.

Another thing I've noticed from my interviews is there really is a cohesive bond between members of the profession, and if you can convey to them that you know this, really want to add and be a part of this profession, then you'll definetly impress them.

But overall, be yourself, and it'll just happen. :D

So U of M has set up an interview with me. I've decided even though I got into Wayne State, I should at least check them out, after all, they are Michigan.

Here's the classic: This is not 1 interview. This day will consist of 4 interviews, back to back to back to back.

If I hadn't been accepted to Wayne State, I'd be having a panic attack right now. The good thing is that the assistant Dean asked me via email if I had been accepted to any other programs, and I was blatantly honest and told her yes. I figured that if I go in with the interviewers knowing this, it will make me more relaxed and confident.

Anyways, anyone else here with experience with U of M's interview process? I feel like I'm interviewing at Pfizer or Harvard Med School or something.

I will be going to the interview also. I am really hoping to get into this program due to the research aspect of it. I am nervous about the 4 interviews also but will just try my best. What date will you be attending? My fiance also received an interview there and we'll be attending the 9th of March.