University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Class of 2010 !!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justskipee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yay, we're in. All reviews/comments on the school are appreciated for those of us who need to pick between U of Mn and other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

for those who are coming here from outside the midwest, buy longjohns and wear them everyday! (-7degrees today). The weather will put hair on your chest, including you women out there.

I'm not in, and it may be too late. Can anybody give me some insider info? I'm looking for the name of the head of admissions at U of M, so I can call them and do some serious begging.
or any other info would be much appreciated.
Thanks much

Members don't see this ad :)
MN is great

hair has grown on my chest from being here...

Hey I am so excited to have the opportunity to go to UMN but again, it's the weather and the fact that I don't have family in MN. Everyone I know comments on the weather no matter what. It can't be that bad, right? Other than that what do people plan to do for housing? I want to live in a frat house right now.

msexter:
Dr. Marilyn Becker is probably the person to contact. Or just contact the office of admissions because the info will get to who will read it anyway.

Carina said:
Everyone I know comments on the weather no matter what. It can't be that bad, right? Other than that what do people plan to do for housing? I want to live in a frat house right now.

If it makes you feel better, the goregous summers and falls make up for it. All the West Coast people in my class survived!

Carina said:
Hey I am so excited to have the opportunity to go to UMN but again, it's the weather and the fact that I don't have family in MN. Everyone I know comments on the weather no matter what. It can't be that bad, right? Other than that what do people plan to do for housing? I want to live in a frat house right now.

What frat house are you thinking about living in right now?? And when are you planning to come up here?

Congrats you guys, let me know if you want to buy some anatomy books!
(I'm a 4th year at the U who has Match Day tomorrow).

watto said:
Congrats you guys, let me know if you want to buy some anatomy books!
(I'm a 4th year at the U who has Match Day tomorrow).

good luck. my brother daria is in your class
-mota

That's awesome! I have been in your house, if you can believe it. When in L.A. on interviews.

Daria is a buddy of mine and I am crossing my fingers that he gets USC tomorrow!

watto said:
That's awesome! I have been in your house, if you can believe it. When in L.A. on interviews.

Daria is a buddy of mine and I am crossing my fingers that he gets USC tomorrow!

haha i am IN my house right now! ya we're all keepin our fingers crossed. i'm secretly hoping he gets matched at minnesota so i can write a new LOI about it and maybe get yanked off the waitlist. but don't tell him that. i'm only half serious. are you his friend who's going into plastics?
-mota

drmota said:
haha i am IN my house right now! ya we're all keepin our fingers crossed. i'm secretly hoping he gets matched at minnesota so i can write a new LOI about it and maybe get yanked off the waitlist. but don't tell him that. i'm only half serious. are you his friend who's going into plastics?
-mota

nope, psych, hopefully at ucla
which would be funny if daria (ucla grad) went usc and i went ucla, trojan that i am!

Carina said:

I grew up in MN and i'm planning on going to the U next fall for med school. I went to undergrad in the Twin Cities as well and there were tons of non-midwest and international students that loved it (but it takes getting used to). For every horrible winter day there are two beautiful summer/fall days. I love the first big snow storm when everyone on campus empties out to build phallic objects and go sledding with the cafeteria trays. As long as you dress appropriately, MN is a great place to be/live. See you in the fall

Who's living in one of the frats next year. I'm pretty set on phi rho.

Carina said:

I'm from MN but I've been in Cali for two years and I was in Oregon before that. Everytime I go back to visit family I think I'm going to die the first few days but after I'm there for a week I'm fine. No worries. And anytime you need to borrow a family, you can always have mine. They cook a mean pot roast. BTW, I just sent in my app to Phi Chi this morning. I lived in coop housing in OR and loved it. I could never do the all girl thing but co-ed works quite ncely. Where in Cali do you live?