University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PathoMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applying to DR. Thoughts on this program? I’m a DO student. From the northeast. I’ve asked around but not too many people know. I’d figured i asked the internet.

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed here a few years ago in a diff specialty. Strong training throughout all specialties with wide pathologies. You will come out of here very competent.

only problem is the tundra weather starting in Oct and lasting until April.

Reactions: 1 users
Heard the TY is really hard but good DR program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying to DR. Thoughts on this program? I’m a DO student. From the northeast. I’ve asked around but not too many people know. I’d figured i asked the internet.

Thanks for your input!
Why would you knowingly go to Minnesota and freeze yourself? Plenty of good DR programs in the sunbelt but thats just my 2 cents

Minnesota has it down though! You can literally go anywhere in the city with skywalks. My brother used to live 2.5 miles from his office and could walk the skyway the whole way there. You can get literally everywhere it’s essentially a sidewalk 2 stories up

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
All of you complaining about the weather in a major city are a buncha ten-ply--you're five times softer than two-ply toilet paper.

Try your luck out to the Dakotas where there's no tree for miles and the windchill hits -50. Then you can complain.

Someone from the Northeast might even prefer the weather in Minnesota. To each it’s own. I have classmates specifically targeting cold places.

Minnesota has it down though! You can literally go anywhere in the city with skywalks. My brother used to live 2.5 miles from his office and could walk the skyway the whole way there. You can get literally everywhere it’s essentially a sidewalk 2 stories up
The skywalks are cool but they kinda suck if you're someone like me who gets lost easily.

All of you complaining about the weather in a major city are a buncha ten-ply--you're five times softer than two-ply toilet paper.

Try your luck out to the Dakotas where there's no tree for miles and the windchill hits -50. Then you can complain.
Am I allowed to complain if I live in Minneapolis now but I used to live in part of MN that had the same ****y weather as ND?

Reactions: 1 user

I spent some time in Minneapolis and I remember it getting down to -12 at one point, I'm pretty sure the wind chill was near that. MN winter is no joke. People are surprisingly very active during the winter there though

I spent some time in Minneapolis and I remember it getting down to -12 at one point, I'm pretty sure the wind chill was near that. MN winter is no joke. People are surprisingly very active during the winter there though
There are such things as “wind chill days” like snow days around here haha wind chill down to like -35 and then they CONSIDER cancelling classes and stuff. Idk why we do this to ourselves but at this point it’s just part of our DNA I guess

The winters are cold, but people make the most of it. Also, you can throw a rock in any direction and hit a lake so the summer months are amazing.