University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jssteel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to the University of Minnesota in December early admission. Has anyone else been accepted there?

I was extremely impressed with the campus and facitilities during my interview and it is ranked as one of the top five pharmacy schools in the country.

Members don't see this ad.

U of M is a great school. They are big on research and are really involved with the community. Also, they are trying to become more inclusive and diverse with a lot of programs and activities for people from all walks of life. And Minneapolis is a decent city that is pretty metropolitan despite not being too large. I enjoyed the school and the city during my time there (though I hated the weather). Congratulations!

jssteel said:
I was accepted to the University of Minnesota in December early admission. Has anyone else been accepted there?

I was extremely impressed with the campus and facitilities during my interview and it is ranked as one of the top five pharmacy schools in the country.

Have you checked out the Roll Call thread stickied at the top of the forum? People list their acceptances there, and there happens to be someone with a UM acceptance listed. Congrats to you. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
FutureRxGal said:
Have you checked out the Roll Call thread stickied at the top of the forum? People list their acceptances there, and there happens to be someone with a UM acceptance listed. Congrats to you. :)

Thank you. I just noticed the Roll Call thread and posted my acceptance. :)

jssteel said:

wow..Congratulations!!!! :) I applied for UM too, but still haven't heard anything from them..I just hope to hear from them soon...

futurepharm.d.? said:
wow..Congratulations!!!! :) I applied for UM too, but still haven't heard anything from them..I just hope to hear from them soon...

I applied early admission and interviewed at the beginning of December. If you applied to the general applicant pool, don't worry you will hear soon. I wish you the best of luck!!!!

Does their supplemental app. require any additional essays?

Congratulations!!!
If you don't mind, can you tell me your stats?

jssteel said:
I applied early admission and interviewed at the beginning of December. If you applied to the general applicant pool, don't worry you will hear soon. I wish you the best of luck!!!!

TMVegas said:
Does their supplemental app. require any additional essays?

The online supplemental has 4 essay questions, I believe. They also have you write two timed essays (30 minutes total for both) on the day you interview. The questions were straight forward and pretty easy to answer though.

ay002 said:
Congratulations!!!
If you don't mind, can you tell me your stats?

I don't mind at all.

GPA is around 3.4 depending on last semester's grades.
I scored a composite of 78 on the PCAT.

I have been doing clinical research in breast cancer and infertility at Northwestern University in Chicago since I graduated 2 years ago. Many of the studies I work on are drug trials. I think that experience and the fact that my GPA at Northwestern is 3.7 helped though.

I wish you the best of luck!

jssteel said:
The online supplemental has 4 essay questions, I believe. They also have you write two timed essays (30 minutes total for both) on the day you interview. The questions were straight forward and pretty easy to answer though.

hello, can i ask how was the interview?? did you ask you tough questions?? 2 essays,huh?? usually other schools require you to do 1, but 2 for MN....I'm still waiting from them..hope that I'll hear from MN soon!! :luck:

futurepharm.d.? said:
hello, can i ask how was the interview?? did you ask you tough questions?? 2 essays,huh?? usually other schools require you to do 1, but 2 for MN....I'm still waiting from them..hope that I'll hear from MN soon!! :luck:

The interview is extremely laid back. They do not drill you with tough questions; they just want to get to know you. The style of interview was definitely conversational.

The essays are nothing to worry about...really. They are just two short questions that you access via your supplemental application. They will have you bring your pharmcas ID and supplemental appication password on the day of the interview in order to log on.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.