University of Montreal/University of Sherbrooke

dazed&confused

15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
Hi

I am currently a second year chemistry undergrad in Montreal and I have applied for med-school at U of Mtl and U of Sherbrooke (I wasn't eligible to apply at Mcgill nor at ULaval since I'm only a second year undergrad).

I have a GPA of:

4.0 (on the 4.3 scale) or:
3.92 (if converted to the 4.0 scale)

The class average is around 2.6-2.7 on the 4.3 scale.

I was wondering what were my chances to get an interview for med school in both of these universities or what could be my chances to get an admissions offer. I know that UofM looks at my Cegep grades (10% of my file, and 90% is my university grades) which isn't the case for U of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke looks only at my university grades. I had a CRC of around 29-30 in CEGEP.

I've heard that the chances to get in med school for second year undergrads at UdMtl aren't that great, is this true?? Should I forget about my chances for this university then??
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Does the same apply to UdSherbrooke?

Also, is there a way to estimate my CRU? I've been to the registrar's office a couple of times and they weren't helpful.

Thanks
:confused:

white daisy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2002
i am a 4th year at the u of sherbrooke. to my knowledge, you have a pretty good GPA which should put you pretty high on the list. i know that montreal likes people who have bachelors degree A LOT but i think they like it better when students have completed the degree.

i don't think you will have pretty soon. TAAMUS is coming up! good luck.

Blake

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2004
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Sorry but I can't really help since I went through the cegep path. I'm surprised of your GPA, considering your CRC though. I guess you just got better grades at university...

JPMD03

15+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2000
Québec
  1. Attending Physician
Dazed & confused,

Je ne comprends pas pourquoi tu dis que tu n'es pas elligible pour appliquer ? Laval. Je suis un r?sident de Laval, j'ai fait ma m?decine ? Laval et beaucoup de monde dans ma classe avaient seulement deux ans d'universit?. Est-ce que c'est ? cause d'un m?lange de ta cote R du CEGEP et universitaire? (? ce moment-l?, ?a te d?savantagerais ? cause de ton 29-30)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.