University of New Mexico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrvanlie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys anyone apply? Anyone here anything? Sent in my supplemental last month didn't even get a confirmation...
Anyone know when they interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you get the invitation?

I wasn't asking about your classes for pre-reqs...Im wondering how long after you
submitted your PharmCas, and supplemental app did it take
for NM to send you a confirmation email of all application materials received?

I received an interview invitation Dec 19th. My interview is Jan 21st. They informed me that I am lacking two classes of pre-reqs and sent mock questions for the essay test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone else has heard about their UNM pharm application and any sign of an interview? Or if you did attend a interview how did it go? good luck to those who applied this year!

Cat

hi pharmcat77, I heard back the same time NMsunshine did and had my interview Jan 21st. I think it went pretty good. Everyone was really friendly and nice.

Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone else has heard about their UNM pharm application and any sign of an interview? Or if you did attend a interview how did it go? good luck to those who applied this year!

Cat

I received an invite to interview Jan 27 for the Feb 11th interview. I live out of state and was told that since I received such short notice I could get on the next interview date, which is March 24. Their interview dates seem spaced out in comparison to other schools. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I hope those of you who.had a interview had a great time and those who are interviewing soon Goodluck!! MissYuk goodluck to you as well!

My Interview went extremely well! They made me feel very comfortable and seemed to be really concerned for the well-being of their students. Great program opportunities as well! Out-of-state tuition is only for the first year and then you can apply for in-state.

Hi everyone! I am applying for UNM COP for fall 2012. I have my interview on Feb 11..I wish everyone luck in their application process! I joined SDN to meet people who are also applying for UNM COP.

Had my interview on Jan 21st and felt like everything went well. It is Feb 20th and haven't heard anything back yet. Got another interview for two different schools in March. The other schools are definitely my second choices, so I hope to hear from UNM one way or another before then.

I've heard such conflicting stories about admissions. For example, some people have told me that getting interviewed on the first day of interviews means your chances are higher of getting in. Others tell me it doesn't matter. I've also heard you can find out if you get accepted or not a week after your interview or all the way until late summer!

If anyone has gotten a reply by now about being accepted or not, I would like to know. I will notify everyone on here when and if I here something.

Thanks

Last edited:
Just checking to see if anyone has received an acceptance letter. Good Luck to all!

Does anyone want to join a facebook group for new mexico class of 2016? message me, because i need at least one person before i can start it.

Last edited:
Does anyone want to join a facebook group for new mexico class of 2016? message me, because i need at least one person before i can start it.
I'll join the facebook group. Let me know what I need to do!

I'm Lanh Phan from Arlington, Texas. UNM CoP class of 2016. So excited to meet everyone else!! I am moving to Albuquerque in May because I am transferring for work. I found a place to stay already. It's about 20+ minutes away from school, but hopefully traffic isn't too bad.

Hi everyone,
I just recieved a invitation to interview on the 24th. I hope you all did well!

Hi speedmaster,
Yes I am. How about you?
Yup. I'm taking stats and the communications elective right now. These are the last two classes I need to complete. What classes are you taking right now? Have you taken Biochemistry 423? Too bad the Lobos lost yesterday in the NCAA tournament. I was hoping they would get to the sweet 16. Peace.
-Speedmaster3313

Hey Speedmaster,
I finished all my pre reqs including bio423. So it must be a chill semester for you huh?

Hey Speedmaster,
I finished all my pre reqs including bio423. So it must be a chill semester for you huh?
So far my semester has been a breeze. 2 classes has been a nice change of pace. You do any volunteering anywhere? Are you a pharmacy technician? Best of luck to you tomorrow!

Hey everybody:hello: . How did the interviews go for those of you that were interviewed on March 24th? Is there another group interview in April? Good luck to those who will be interviewed in April if so:banana::banana::thumbup::thumbup:! For those that have been accepted to UNM and are planning on attending this fall you should join the Facebook group:D! Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/170265073091716/ There's just two of us right now :highfive:and we'd both like to meet as many people as possible. Look forward to hearing back from you all:woot:. Have a good rest of your semester before finals:barf:.

I received an acceptance letter earlier this week.... Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up and to those waiting to hear back :xf:... Excited to meet everyone :)

I received an acceptance letter earlier this week.... Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up and to those waiting to hear back :xf:... Excited to meet everyone :)

:clap:Congratulations!! Are you a pre-pharmacy student here at UNM? Looking forward to meeting you also!:hardy: Do you know anyone else who has been accepted? You should join the facebook group:D! Peace out:ninja:

Thank you, and CONGRATULATIONS to you as well!! Yes, I attend UNM and so far I haven't heard any news from anyone else regarding acceptances. I just sent a request to join the group on facebook =)

Hey guys,

I had an interview on Feb 11th and I was wondering if anyone has recieved a letter of acceptance or rejection yet? I'm still waiting to hear back. :confused:

Hey guys,

I had an interview on Feb 11th and I was wondering if anyone has recieved a letter of acceptance or rejection yet? I'm still waiting to hear back. :confused:

Hey cuejaytee, Greenchile posted this a couple of posts above you; maybe it can provide some answers:
"To those of you who are instate, it really does not matter when you have your interview. I had friends who were in the initial round get accepted the week after their interview but I also had a few friends have to wait until May (even though they were in one of the primary rounds) to hear back. It all depends on how many prerequisite classes you have pending. The more you have pending (especially science ones) then the longer you will have to wait....so don't stress if you don't hear back right away!"

Hope that helps somewhat. Peace out:ninja:
Speedmaster3313

Hi guys, I applied a little later and so my interview is next Saturday. Are any of you guys out of state that are accepted, because I know that they give preference for in-state students and that they most likely take in less out-of-state students (according to their pharmcas stats).

Best of luck to you weird0! I am not out of state but I do know of two people from out of state who have been accepted to UNM this year (One from Texas the other from California). During my interview I met a 2nd year Pharmacy Student who was from Washington State. Something that might help you out is that last year 124 people were interviewed and 96 of them were offered admission. I heard through the grapevine that the total number of people interviewed this year is similar to this total, but don't hold me to that as there are no official stats yet. Point is, you have been offered an interview which is VERY important and you are very close! Congratulations again!

Best of luck to you weird0! I am not out of state but I do know of two people from out of state who have been accepted to UNM this year (One from Texas the other from California). During my interview I met a 2nd year Pharmacy Student who was from Washington State. Something that might help you out is that last year 124 people were interviewed and 96 of them were offered admission. I heard through the grapevine that the total number of people interviewed this year is similar to this total, but don't hold me to that as there are no official stats yet. Point is, you have been offered an interview which is VERY important and you are very close! Congratulations again!

Hi Speedmaster,

Thank you so much for the info! I got accepted to Roseman University, and I almost cancelled my trip/interview, but I looked at their stats and I was like maybe I should try it out. :laugh: The only thing is, I am flying out there the day before the interview (April 20), which happens to be my birthday! :xf:
I also wondered how quickly people received their acceptance. My deposit for Roseman is due on the 25th, so I think I'll have to shell the money before I hear back. :idea:

Received an interview invite (April 21st)!!!!!!! I am flying in from California! gluck to everyone! I am soooo excited :)

Hi Speedmaster,

Thank you so much for the info! I got accepted to Roseman University, and I almost cancelled my trip/interview, but I looked at their stats and I was like maybe I should try it out. :laugh: The only thing is, I am flying out there the day before the interview (April 20), which happens to be my birthday! :xf:
I also wondered how quickly people received their acceptance. My deposit for Roseman is due on the 25th, so I think I'll have to shell the money before I hear back. :idea:

:clap::clap:Congratulations on your acceptance. I think you are really going to enjoy the interview process at UNM:thumbup:. I had my interview on Feb 11th and received my acceptance letter on Feb 18th. I'm certain that this is as quick as anyone would hear back from UNM but maybe I'm wrong. It varies from person to person from what I have seen and heard. Some hear in a week others wait a month or more. Happy early Birthday!:hardy::hardy:

Thank you!

In the package I received in the mail it says I am missing numerous pre-req classes that I already took! Was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Yeah, I have the same problem. But, I don't think it will be a problem. I think you just have to call them and let them know that you've taken them so they can recheck your transcripts. I will be calling them in a couple of days. :)

Received an interview invite (April 21st)!!!!!!! I am flying in from California! gluck to everyone! I am soooo excited :)

I'm from California too! Good luck! See you there maybe. This will be my face: :smuggrin: