University of Northern Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sneaksta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Folks,

I be attending UNF this Fall and I am not very familiar with the school. Anybody have any thoughts on this school?

Members don't see this ad.

UNF is a nice small school, compared to other state schools, and is in a nice part of town. There is a mall ( Town Center) that has pretty much everything you need from grocery stores to clothes. It is mainly on the east side of Jacksonville near the Beaches.

A representative came to UF to talk about their program. It is very small and "family" oriented. The staff are pretty much willing to do anything to go out of their way to help you as a student as long as you ask. The rep that came to visit was very nice and brought 2 PT's ( one student and one alumni) to talk to us about student life. They have a high pass rate on the national boards exam too. The PT I shadowed was also an alum, and loved the small, tight knit atmosphere the school offers. Your classmates will become your closest friends.

I am hoping that I get into UNF when I apply this next cycle. It is on the top of my list as far as PT schools goes. The cost of attendance is also very reasonable compared to other state schools ( UF).

Best of luck! :)