• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

MechE

Med School's Slave
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know anything about the University of Oklahoma's Anesthesiology residency program? I heard they were on probation some years back. I don't know if they still are.

coop528

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2004
Visit site
Status
I also would like to know about that program.

Also, does anyone know if the Tulsa program will ever get an Anesthesiology program? They have other specialties...Ob/Gyn, General Surgery, and some other general medicine specialties.

Seeing how most of the people on this board reside north of the Mason-Dixon Line, I doubt anyone will know this, but maybe the original poster will?

IsoGirl2707

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2004
Southeast
Visit site
Status
I don't know much about Oklahoma's program, even though I goto med school in the midwest, but it does sound like they are still on probation according to the ACGME's website. The anesthesia residency program coordinator at my school told me about this website when I was applying and I thought it was helpful. You can look to see the accreditation status of any anesthesia program in the U.S.

http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/

I hope this helps.

About the Ads

UTSouthwestern

1K Member
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Status
Second hand information from med students interviewing from OU is that the program still has a ways to go. We have three former OU medical students and all said that they didn't even rank OU.

As for specifics, the only thing I have heard consistently is a lack of numbers and some problems with faculty not teaching, but that may have changed recently.

About the Ads