University of Oklahoma Anesthesiology Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MechE

Med School's Slave
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the University of Oklahoma's Anesthesiology residency program? I heard they were on probation some years back. I don't know if they still are.

Members don't see this ad.

I also would like to know about that program.

Also, does anyone know if the Tulsa program will ever get an Anesthesiology program? They have other specialties...Ob/Gyn, General Surgery, and some other general medicine specialties.

Seeing how most of the people on this board reside north of the Mason-Dixon Line, I doubt anyone will know this, but maybe the original poster will?

I don't know much about Oklahoma's program, even though I goto med school in the midwest, but it does sound like they are still on probation according to the ACGME's website. The anesthesia residency program coordinator at my school told me about this website when I was applying and I thought it was helpful. You can look to see the accreditation status of any anesthesia program in the U.S.

http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/

I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Second hand information from med students interviewing from OU is that the program still has a ways to go. We have three former OU medical students and all said that they didn't even rank OU.

As for specifics, the only thing I have heard consistently is a lack of numbers and some problems with faculty not teaching, but that may have changed recently.

just sent you a private message!!!