University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, those that have had an interview at OU...How did they go? I have applied, but haven't received an invite yet!

Well, those that have had an interview at OU...How did they go? I have applied, but haven't received an invite yet!

When did you submit your app? I submitted at the end of Oct. and I haven't heard anything either.

Members don't see this ad :)
They already sent out a batch of interview invites, i think the first round will last til mid-January

I am confused. I choose to interview on Jan 14th and was it it a bad idea? Are the admissions on a rolling basis?:confused:

Ace... I believe OU is on rolling admissions. However, I believe there were only two interview dates before the one you chose. I think you will be fine :)

Ugh.... Submitted my application about the middle of October. Still haven't heard anything and these rolling admissions have me worried.

Ugh.... Submitted my application about the middle of October. Still haven't heard anything and these rolling admissions have me worried.

you have really good numbers, i wouldn't worry about not getting an interview invite. Just for ya'll informaion, I submitted my application in mid/end of october and got interview dates in mid november.

What kind of advice? About questions?

Anything at this point. I am nervous about it and excited at the same time! I took my interview on Dec. 11. In 5 days! =) I hear that you have to write an essay on that day? What is that typically about? Thanks in advance Cyclo! :D

you have really good numbers, i wouldn't worry about not getting an interview invite. Just for ya'll informaion, I submitted my application in mid/end of october and got interview dates in mid november.

Did you submit your Supplemental application and PharmCAS at the same time in Mid October?...I thought there may be a trend that if the supp app was submitted by mid Oct or before, the interview invites were sent in November.

Did you submit your Supplemental application and PharmCAS at the same time in Mid October?...I thought there may be a trend that if the supp app was submitted by mid Oct or before, the interview invites were sent in November.

I submitted my main application in september and the supp app in mid/end of October (a week or two after my October PCAT)

I had my interview Dec 2nd. It went pretty good I think. You have a group orientation, and then you split up into groups of 5-6. You have an ambassador who shows you around campus and takes you to the places you need to be. You will do photos, lab coat fitting, some paperwork, and interviews. Each group does those activities in a different order. Some groups interview first then take photos, etc. My group did all the activities and were last to interview.

The interview is three people (a faculty member, a student, and a community pharmacist). You go in a room by yourself with your three interviewers. It is a little nerve-wracking, but they all try to make you comfortable. My interview was conversational as well as just questions.

Everyone is really helpful and nice. They are willing to answer any questions, and they try to make you as comfortable as they can.

I think my interview went pretty good. I was nervous, and some things might not have came out exactly as I wanted. However, I think they knew what I meant :). They ask questions about you and your experiences...life..etc. Also, they ask situational questions...what if this happened?

So, now just waiting to hear back. They said we would know before the holidays! I am hoping for something this week, but that is probably wishful thinking! Yes, they do rolling admissions, but there are several more interview dates.

Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything at this point. I am nervous about it and excited at the same time! I took my interview on Dec. 11. In 5 days! =) I hear that you have to write an essay on that day? What is that typically about? Thanks in advance Cyclo! :D

Also, I forgot to mention there wasn't an essay! So, don't worry about that. We were all relieved to not have to do another essay!

I submitted my main application in september and the supp app in mid/end of October (a week or two after my October PCAT)

Oh Ok, so they probably got your main app early and that's why you already got an invite. Did anyone submit all apps at the end of October and already get an invite to interview?

Was there a group presentation? What kind of questions did they ask you specifically?

Was there a group presentation? What kind of questions did they ask you specifically?

No, there wasn't a group presentation. Some specific questions were:

Tell us about yourself.
Why OU?
What role do you play in a group?
What would you do if someone in your group wasn't doing their part?
Where do you see yourself in 10 years as a pharmacist?
What qualities do you have that contribute to you being successful?
Tell us a mistake you made and how you learned from it.
How do you think the course load is compared to your course load now? And how do you plan on handling it?

Things like that...and they just feed off of what you say and ask you questions about your answers.

Hope this helps! I practiced my response to a ton of questions, and I didn't feel like they asked me anything off the wall. But somehow when your in there...things just don't come out or you can't think of a certain word you want to say..ha ! I think the most important thing is to just answer and not sit there silent.

hey kikizmom, i think i was in your group LOL :p we were the last to interview. I was the other girl in the group so hahah i don't know if you remember me.
As for the interview, it was pretty laid back, even though it was a panel interview. I personally didn't get any situational questions but I prepared myself by practicing with the past year's questions listed on sdn (you might want to do search or something). They feed off of your answers and ask you back the specifics about your responses, so I would make sure you could back up the things you say and the things you have done in the past (like volunteering, working, and etc). the school seems great and really focused on their students :) oh yeah we got our responses today :laugh: so good luck for those of you interviewing soon :)

hey kikizmom, i think i was in your group LOL :p we were the last to interview. I was the other girl in the group so hahah i don't know if you remember me.
As for the interview, it was pretty laid back, even though it was a panel interview. I personally didn't get any situational questions but I prepared myself by practicing with the past year's questions listed on sdn (you might want to do search or something). They feed off of your answers and ask you back the specifics about your responses, so I would make sure you could back up the things you say and the things you have done in the past (like volunteering, working, and etc). the school seems great and really focused on their students :) oh yeah we got our responses today :laugh: so good luck for those of you interviewing soon :)

Got your responses today? Do they send out comments on the interview or???

Got your responses today? Do they send out comments on the interview or???

Yeap, I got my response today via email. I don't really know what you mean by comments. Are you asking if they've given me feedback on my interview? If so, no.

Yeap, I got my response today via email. I don't really know what you mean by comments. Are you asking if they've given me feedback on my interview? If so, no.

Thanks guys, I actually couldnt find the link to last years questions...All I could find was from 2009... If anyone can post the link I appreciate it.

And as far as feedback, are you guys talking about receiving comments about interview or an acceptance offer?

I received an acceptance email today from Ms. Richardson at 4pm. I'm a little surprised at how quickly I received my acceptance; only 6 days since I interviewed. Good luck to all those wait and especially to those who interview this Saturday.

Yes, I do remember you! Your from out of state right? Did you get in? I'm assuming so because of the happy face! I got in...so it will be good to know someone!

I got my acceptance e-mail today as well. I'm so excited, and I was really glad they let us know so fast! Yay! :)

Good luck to everyone!

I received my acceptance today as well!!!! I am still in disbelief!!!:):):)
I am SO excited for these next four years!!!!!!

To all those accepted, where did you guys select to attend? I chose the OKC campus.

Oh my! Congrats to ALL of you! I am so excited for you! I take my interview on Sat. Now I am wishing I would have chosen the first date. LOL! YAY!!! I hope I get to join you guys soon!!! :D

Congrats to every one who got in! How long do you have to reply and what's the deposit to save you seat?

Congrats to every one who got in! How long do you have to reply and what's the deposit to save you seat?

The e-mail says an official letter will be sent within one week. I'm guessing that has the details in it. I think it is a 500 dollar deposit and probably a week or so to send it. Exciting! I'm glad to pay it ha ha!:)

I will be at the Tulsa campus :)

I will be at the Tulsa campus as well! We will be in the same class..how exciting! We will be pharmacy students...P1's! I can't wait for the white coat ceremony! I'm really excited...it has been a long road for me to get here! And now it's here...woo hoo!

Congrats to all of you who made it!!!!! And good luck to all of you who are interviewing this Saturday! I wish I had chosen the first interview dates :( I choose January 14th. Hope that is not too late!

I will be at the Tulsa campus as well! We will be in the same class..how exciting! We will be pharmacy students...P1's! I can't wait for the white coat ceremony! I'm really excited...it has been a long road for me to get here! And now it's here...woo hoo!

yes ma'am :soexcited: I chose Tulsa too, I really liked the campus atmosphere :) yay :) and good luck to those interviewing soon!:woot:

yes ma'am :soexcited: I chose Tulsa too, I really liked the campus atmosphere :) yay :) and good luck to those interviewing soon!:woot:

Awesome, I will be seeing you then :). Let me know if you have any questions...I have lived around Tulsa most of my life.

I am more than happy to help any out of state students with any questions, good areas to live, etc. for those coming to Tulsa. If you would like, we can set up a day and I can show you around town and take you to some good areas to live around ... Just let me know :) I know I would want some help if I were out of state :p You may want to send a direct message, so I will be sure and notice it!

Those that interviewed Dec 2nd... I was wearing the black pinstripe suit, long brown hair, blue shirt underneath... Kikizmom and OhGeez- what were you wearing? One of you live in Jay?

Last edited:
Had my interview today. I was in the last group so there was a lot of down time, but I made an impression for sure... hopefully a good one:p

Just got my acceptance email! So depending on what my alma mater decides, y'all might have a token Longhorn in next year's class. :)

I am more than happy to help any out of state students with any questions, good areas to live, etc. for those coming to Tulsa. If you would like, we can set up a day and I can show you around town and take you to some good areas to live around ... Just let me know :) I know I would want some help if I were out of state :p You may want to send a direct message, so I will be sure and notice it!

Those that interviewed Dec 2nd... I was wearing the black pinstripe suit, long brown hair, blue shirt underneath... Kikizmom and OhGeez- what were you wearing? One of you live in Jay?

I was wearing a pantsuit that was greyish with some pinstripe lining the pockets with a teal ruffled shirt underneath, shoulder length dark brown hair ( I used to have really long hair like yours, and I miss it very much..ha!) and purple frame glasses.

We all need to get together sometime..it would be fun! I live in Claremore, OK.

Wow, they worked fast. I interviewed on Saturday and got the acceptance letter on Tuesday... :) Also congrats to everyone who got in!!! :D

Wow, they worked fast. I interviewed on Saturday and got the acceptance letter on Tuesday... :) Also congrats to everyone who got in!!! :D

Dang! That is fast.... Well beter for u right? Congrats to those who got in:)

Still no invite...

Wondering if they've sent out their second round yet.

Still no invite...

Wondering if they've sent out their second round yet.

Me either. I wish I didn't wait till the end of October to submit all of my apps! I'm pretty sure they haven't sent out the 2nd round of invites. I checked their website and there are interviews on Jan.13 and 14th and Feb. 26. Hopefully, after the holidays we'll get THE e-mail!

That would be nice if they did send them out soon. I'd love to have an interview on my birthday (Jan 13th)! Could be good luck and a talking point hahhaha

Just received my invitation for an interview finally! I e-submitted on the 29th of October and was worried I wouldn't get one. I interview January 14th!

I also got a invitation today. I had given up on recieving a interview. It makes a nice Christmas present.

yay am so happy, I got an interview invite too....the thing is I already have an interview set for jan 14 at Texas Tech. I am from Texas and TTU is my first choice, I wouldn't want to shift the date because it is the first interview date and my chances are higher then.
However, much as I hate to interview on the last date, I might have to settle for the feb 26 date. I really wish the dates were a little different..... :mad:

ok, I am leaning towards jan 13th.....

Last edited: