University of Oklahoma Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have the same thoughts as you. I asked the student in my interview panel if he turned to in-state, since he had mentioned that he was from Kansas, and he said no, that he can't unless he works full-time for a year or gets married to an Oklahoma resident. The other student in my interview panel got married to an OK resident and that's how she converted. The students who toured us around the campus were also paying out-of-state and cannot convert. You are right, it is a LOT of money. Before interviewing, I was under the impression that you can probably change to in-state after a year, but after hearing this info from the students there, it seems impossible. If I get accepted to a TX institution then I will rather go there.

I find it hard to believe that is the only way to get in state tuition. My brother went to grad school in TX and for in state tuition after a year and he never for married or worked.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same thoughts as you. I asked the student in my interview panel if he turned to in-state, since he had mentioned that he was from Kansas, and he said no, that he can't unless he works full-time for a year or gets married to an Oklahoma resident. The other student in my interview panel got married to an OK resident and that's how she converted. The students who toured us around the campus were also paying out-of-state and cannot convert. You are right, it is a LOT of money. Before interviewing, I was under the impression that you can probably change to in-state after a year, but after hearing this info from the students there, it seems impossible. If I get accepted to a TX institution then I will rather go there.

I would call and ask about it. Colorado said you have to live there for a year, change your drivers license and register to vote. That's it. I would assume that it is similar in Oklahoma.

Im interviewing this weekend. I think I will choose the Abilene campus. What about you?! Have you been accepted/what campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im interviewing this weekend. I think I will choose the Abilene campus. What about you?! Have you been accepted/what campus?

I know it's a tough decision, do you want to go to Abilene or Amarillo ? Have you interviewed with Tech yet?

:confused::confused::eek: this replying stuff is kinda confusing haha but then again, im not much of a forum blogger haha Im trying to reply back to nativetexan

So it's with a heavy heart that I'm giving up my seat. I've decided to go to Tech where I don't have to borrow money to pay for school. I hope this helps someone on here. Good luck everyone!

:confused::confused::eek: this replying stuff is kinda confusing haha but then again, im not much of a forum blogger haha Im trying to reply back to nativetexan

Sorry for not replying right away. I got accepted to Texas Tech at Abilene

Would anyone know when 2nd waves of acceptances are coming or did I just miss the 2nd wave as well the first?

Would anyone know when 2nd waves of acceptances are coming or did I just miss the 2nd wave as well the first?

I know they accept people after each interview session. I am not sure how many more interviews there are.

Received a rejection email this morning :(

Were you ever on the waitlist and when did you interview? Sorry to hear that. Did you apply anywhere else? If not, maybe you should ask the admissions committee what areas on your application you could improve. I wish you the best

I interviewed on Feb. 23rd too. I wasn't on the waitlist, this is the first I've heard back from them since I interviewed. I've applied elsewhere so I'm still fine, just discouraging to see a rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten off the wait-list by receiving a call yet?

No. When did you interview? I interviewed in Jan. and was waitlisted a week after my interview. I wish we were told what number we are on the waitlist!

February 23rd. Yes, not knowing where you stand is the worst part. Did you apply anywhere else?

February 23rd. Yes, not knowing where you stand is the worst part. Did you apply anywhere else?
Yes, but I've been waitlisted at the other schools I applied to as well. You?

Besides being waitlisted here and (by default, due to me not receiving an acceptance yet) at Texas A&M, I've been accepted at the Feik School of Pharmacy. However, I'd rather go here or Texas A&M because of of costs, etc. I'm sure you'll get off the waitlist at atleast one of your schools. Best of luck!

Besides being waitlisted here and (by default, due to me not receiving an acceptance yet) at Texas A&M, I've been accepted at the Feik School of Pharmacy. However, I'd rather go here or Texas A&M because of of costs, etc. I'm sure you'll get off the waitlist at atleast one of your schools. Best of luck!

I declined to TAMHSC this Friday morning as I have accepted TTUHSC. I interviewed with OUHSC back in December and was waitlisted. I really can't afford to go to OU due to cost of tuition out-of-state ($38K). Good luck to you.

Anyone from out of state? I'm planning on starting in the Fall at the OKC campus, and I'm a student from California. I think it'd be good to talk to other out of state students about things like housing, tuition, etc.

Let me know! Would be nice to have figure things out together. Thanks!

Anyone from out of state? I'm planning on starting in the Fall at the OKC campus, and I'm a student from California. I think it'd be good to talk to other out of state students about things like housing, tuition, etc.

I'm not from out of state, but there is a Facebook group for our class. I've seen a post on there ready about needing roommates and housing questions. You should probably look on there.

I'm from Texas & will be at the OKC campus as well :) I already joined the FB group, did you? Have you heard back anything from finaid/scholarships? Out of state tuition is no joke for us :scared::eek:

I interviewed Jan 19 and got wait listed. I got an email yesterday morning congratulating me on my acceptance! So excited!

I interviewed Jan 19 and got wait listed. I got an email yesterday morning congratulating me on my acceptance! So excited!

Congratulations! The wait is over. This means that I may still have a chance.

I am currently taking biochem 1 which is not a pre-requisite but I am in danger of making a D or possibly failing the class (not really focused on school, working alot to save up money). Do yall think this would cause me to lose my conditional acceptance? Opinions or any knowledge about this would be greatly appreciated!

I'm pretty sure you will lose acceptance if you fail the class. I think a D will be fine though. You could always call and ask about it to make sure. It's probably too late to drop the class, so do the best you can!

you definitely will lose your spot even if you get a D in the course. Just fyi.

uh oh.. how positive are you about that? and where did you hear/read it? I just want to check it out and make sure I have a solid answer..

uh oh.. how positive are you about that? and where did you hear/read it? I just want to check it out and make sure I have a solid answer..

I told you to just call. I have some D's on my transcript and it was fine. But this is your last semester and may be a different story.

They want to see how you did on your last semester. Jennifer said they look at ALL your grades when you're done before August starts, even if they're not your pre-requisites. If you had Ds previously like few years ago and you have enough classes, then she won't count that D. She even said so on the day of our interview. My best friend had this problem in the spring few years ago, she got a D and they rescinded her admission and she went through his huge depression stage. So if you need to rethink about your class, talk to Jennifer ASAP!

Hey I created a facebook group under University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Class of 2017. Please feel free to join. I am going to the Tulsa campus and live really close-by. Just looking to meet a few new friends for school! Thanks guys, and good luck to everyone! :)

Hey I made a fb page under University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Class of 2017 if you want to join. =)

Hey I made a fb page under University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Class of 2017 if you want to join. =)

There is a FB page already. There was an issue with using the university's name in the page without being sanctioned by the university.

I sent you a fb friend request. I can add you to the group after that. We made it closed so that random people would not be able to see our info or things that we talk about. So it's hard to find on fb because of that.

So is the last day for receiving an acceptance for applicants on the wait-list on June 1st?

Maybe formally, but at southwestern they told me of a person being accepted the day before classes started because someone dropped out right after orientation. So anything could happen.

Just give up my seat this morning, good luck everyone~

I am applying here this summer, I also attend OU right now, can anyone give me some tips for applying?

To everyone who's wait-listed, there's still HOPE! I just got an acceptance email this evening. Best wishes!

Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the fastest way to become an Oklahoma resident (like marrying, etc).

Lastly, would it be possible for me to join the official Facebook group? =D

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I just gave up my seat today. Hope one of you guys got in. Good luck! :D

Its been a long four years. I wondered if anyone checks this anymore...