University of Oklahoma mentoring elective

Started by Winker07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Winker07

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been a mentor last year or going to be one this year? I'm considering it but I'm not the most active student on campus...😛
 
I think as long as you have the time to put into it, it doesnt matter so much how active you are as much as how supportive you can be for a new student. Of course it doesnt hurt to know how to get your mentee the hook up for tests and parties and whatnot, but its not required.

I am very involved on campus but I am not going to mentor, mostly because I dont feel like I can make the time commitment and I dont want another elective. I might become an un-official mentor if it happens that way though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Binders to keep the syllabus in and a pencil/pen. They provide pencils, rulers and calculators for the tests. I think that's about it but I may have left something out. Oh and don't buy any books except math unless you like reading a lot.
 
Thanks for your input DownonthePharm. I decided to go ahead and apply for it. As for supplies, almost everything has been said. You will carry around a portfolio for your site visits so you're gonna need a one inch white binder for that (plus some sheet protectors for it). Also the P3's are required to get laptops. I don't know if this will soon apply to P2's and P1's but now might be a good time to get one.