Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Pacific (Sacramento) OTD program experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmas21

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I haven’t seen much posts about UOP’s OTD program so I figured to make a thread.

I know UOP just began their first cohort this past January and I wanted to get some insight from current students in the program.

How do you all like it so far? I am looking to apply for the school and would like to know more about the resources they offer. You can find so much from their website so any more info would help.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I'm not a current student but just received a letter to interview. I am excited and hopeful for fresh professors. I'm hoping to get in and start in the spring, even though tuition is quite pricey! I had interviewed for Samuel Merritt and was waitlisted, UOP and Dominican are my only two up and running currently. I wanted to apply to SJSU but they require many of my prerequisites to be retaken since it's been over 7 or 10 years. So I'm still weighing my options. In the meantime, I'm retaking courses:(

I haven't heard anything about current students, and I could only find the main schools' facebook page which didn't have much on it. Good luck, let me know what you find!

Hey! I'm not a current student but just received a letter to interview. I am excited and hopeful for fresh professors. I'm hoping to get in and start in the spring, even though tuition is quite pricey! I had interviewed for Samuel Merritt and was waitlisted, UOP and Dominican are my only two up and running currently. I wanted to apply to SJSU but they require many of my prerequisites to be retaken since it's been over 7 or 10 years. So I'm still weighing my options. In the meantime, I'm retaking courses:(

I haven't heard anything about current students, and I could only find the main schools' facebook page which didn't have much on it. Good luck, let me know what you find!
Hey! I also received a letter to interview and I’m so excited! I’m in the same boat - I was also waitlisted for SMU and am hoping to get in to UOP as it will give me some time to finish my last two prereqs for the program. I got accepted to KGI in Claremont but I want to stay in NorCal so really hoping to get accepted to UOP.

Good luck as well! I hope we both get in 🤞🏼

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I also received a letter to interview and I’m so excited! I’m in the same boat - I was also waitlisted for SMU and am hoping to get in to UOP as it will give me some time to finish my last two prereqs for the program. I got accepted to KGI in Claremont but I want to stay in NorCal so really hoping to get accepted to UOP.

Good luck as well! I hope we both get in 🤞🏼
That's great news!! What prereqs do you still have to do? I'm currently taking abnormal psych and I have to retake statistics because it's been so long since I've taken it. By the way, congrats on getting into KGI! I don't have the option to move or to relocate so I'm really hoping UOP works out! I'm a little nervous and excited for the interview process. I wonder if it's similar to SMU in format, I know it's longer and then there's a group interview... Good luck to you, and I hope we hear from other current/prospective UOP students soon!!

That's great news!! What prereqs do you still have to do? I'm currently taking abnormal psych and I have to retake statistics because it's been so long since I've taken it. By the way, congrats on getting into KGI! I don't have the option to move or to relocate so I'm really hoping UOP works out! I'm a little nervous and excited for the interview process. I wonder if it's similar to SMU in format, I know it's longer and then there's a group interview... Good luck to you, and I hope we hear from other current/prospective UOP students soon!!
I’m currently taking anatomy 1 and 2 right now. The previous anatomy courses I took didn’t have lab so I have to retake them :/

Thank you!! I’m really hoping UOP works out too. I’m also nervous and excited! Is your interview tomorrow too? I was wondering the same about the format but it looks like we just need to join the link during the designated time, unless I read it wrong… I emailed them last week asking if we need to be present the entire duration but they haven’t responded. Do you happen to know if we have to?

Bummer! That’s a big course to retake!! Yeah I had the interview this morning and just joined in a waiting room a few minutes before. I did not stick around so I’m really hoping that was it. Now, I’m waiting for an email for the group interview! Good luck!!

Bummer! That’s a big course to retake!! Yeah I had the interview this morning and just joined in a waiting room a few minutes before. I did not stick around so I’m really hoping that was it. Now, I’m waiting for an email for the group interview! Good luck!!
Same! Also just got an email for the group interview - good luck to you too my friend we got this!

Yes!! Mine is from 9:30-10 when is yours? Good luck!!! So exciting!!

Ohhhh who is yours with?!?! Maybe we are in the same group?! Dr. Loera?
Ooo I saw this super late and yes I was in that group with Dr. Loera!! Overall I thought we all did really well and I hope we hear good news soon!!!!!

Ooo I saw this super late and yes I was in that group with Dr. Loera!! Overall I thought we all did really well and I hope we hear good news soon!!!!!
Nice!! I was so nervous! More so this time than for the individual interview:smack: It was so nice to connect with other prospective students, definitely felt way more at ease in the sense that everyone is going into the field for similar reasons and is serious about doing well and learning all they can!! I haven't received an email yet...so I'm a little on edge still. lol

Nice!! I was so nervous! More so this time than for the individual interview:smack: It was so nice to connect with other prospective students, definitely felt way more at ease in the sense that everyone is going into the field for similar reasons and is serious about doing well and learning all they can!! I haven't received an email yet...so I'm a little on edge still. lol
I was so nervous, more than the individual interview as well! For me, think it was because this is the last portion of the admission process so now it’s time for the waiting game which drives me insane lol. I haven’t received an email yet either!!

Oh man, so glad I wasn’t the only one- I couldn’t tell! Everyone seemed so confident and experienced, which is so great! You make a great point- it was the last stitch effort in this process to be seen!

I know at the SMU interview they reminded everyone that we were already “qualified,” it’s just hard to know how to be memorable or stick out! I hope we all get in! How amazing would that be, and then to actually get to work on real projects together! Good luck!!!

Oh man, so glad I wasn’t the only one- I couldn’t tell! Everyone seemed so confident and experienced, which is so great! You make a great point- it was the last stitch effort in this process to be seen!

I know at the SMU interview they reminded everyone that we were already “qualified,” it’s just hard to know how to be memorable or stick out! I hope we all get in! How amazing would that be, and then to actually get to work on real projects together! Good luck!!!
I couldn’t tell either! I did not notice any point of doubt or lack of confidence! So I know you did great!

Have you checked your email? I just received an acceptance to their early decision and I hope you did as well!!

I couldn’t tell either! I did not notice any point of doubt or lack of confidence! So I know you did great!

Have you checked your email? I just received an acceptance to their early decision and I hope you did as well!!
That’s fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! Yes, I did and I accepted!! So excited to be on this journey together!! I hope the others got accepted too! I wonder if they have a cohort fb page or if we can make one?

That’s fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! Yes, I did and I accepted!! So excited to be on this journey together!! I hope the others got accepted too! I wonder if they have a cohort fb page or if we can make one?
Congratulations to you too! I’m so excited!!! I searched on fb and found no cohort page, so I think we can make one! It’ll be a great way for us all to connect before program starts :)

Absolutely!! Will I see you at the virtual campus tour today at 4?