University of Puget Sound

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UW won't be sending out their letters until the week of March 18th.

Mid March was what I was expecting from both schools, I wish they didn't make you decide about one before knowing about the other.

Members don't see this ad.

UPS does seem to have an early deadline for making a deposit. Maybe they just know this will allow them to contact students on the wait list sooner. If someone changes their mind, its an extra 300 for the school.

Regardless I think I will choose UPS, unless UW offers money which from the information sessions it doesn't sound like they really offer scholarships.

I declined the interview for EWU, so that is one less person for those of you who are interviewing there this weekend. Good luck!

For those going to the open house/interview at EWU this weekend, what time is your check-in? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My EWU check in is at 10. :) That's interesting, I didn't realize there were different check in times! I guess that makes sense, with so many people interviewing!

Mines is at 11! I'm so excited/nervous! Did you guys have any other offers or interviews?

Mine is at 11 too, I didn't realize they had separate groups I was wondering how they were going to interview everyone in just an hour. Does anyone know what kind of interview format they have, if they are group or individual?

My interview is at 11:00 as well!

Last edited:
My check in is at 9:00 am as well. I wonder how many people are per group?

Maybe I met you?! How do you think it went yesterday? What did you think of the program?

Maybe I met you?! How do you think it went yesterday? What did you think of the program?

Perhaps I did meet you! I thought it went really well. The group interview was way less stressful than my one on one interviews I had. My only concern is how they determine who they will accept because everyone that interviewed is highly qualified.

What are your stats?

I think it really depends on the school whether or not someone is a competitive applicant as well. I have been accepted at one of my top choices, but wait listed at two of my lowest choices. Some schools may be looking for one type of individual, but another school may be looking for a different set of characteristics.

Anyone know if we can defer the March 8th decision date? I am assuming I won't hear from UW before that.

I just called them and deferred my decision date to March 31st. So if any of you still want to consider schools you haven't heard from, don't waste the deposit money and call them!

Will anyone be declining UPS? I have been wait listed there and have been denied at other schools, so I am really hoping it will work out. They told me the decision deadline has be pushed back to to March 31st and the waiting is killing me. So if your turning down spots it would be great to know.

I am leaning towards UPS but will post an update if I decline. I am sure people will decline- there are thirty spots and the odds are a handful will decline. Some people may end up accepting and paying the deposit but maybe going elsewhere ( if say they are accepted at their top choice later in April). So keep your hope alive ! I hope it works out for you.

The deposit for UPS is 300 and I doubt it is refundable but it wouldn't hurt to ask if you are concerned. UW does not seem to have a deposit in the acceptance letter, but instead a fee of 65 dollars for a background check.

I accepted my spot at UPS but I know another student who just declined hers...now that UW has accepted students I think there should maybe be some spots opening up at UPS. Good luck!

I noticed that Puget requires a letter from an employer, ot, and a professor. What if we've been self employed for awhile? Has anyone been able to get in just by providing letters from ots and professors?