University of Saskatchewan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pawbri

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im a Minnesota girl looking for vet schools to apply to next year.
I'm looking into the University of Saskatchewan. It is out of the states, yes, but it is SO cheap! I realize Canadian universities are all cheap, but if the largest burden of vet school is its economic constraints, why don't more people go to Canadian schools? Am i overlooking something here? Is there something wrong with the school? Do they even accept Minnesotan applicants? (or applicants from the states?)
If you have any information at all about the University of Saskatchewan, it is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
Im a Minnesota girl looking for vet schools to apply to next year.
I'm looking into the University of Saskatchewan. It is out of the states, yes, but it is SO cheap! I realize Canadian universities are all cheap, but if the largest burden of vet school is its economic constraints, why don't more people go to Canadian schools? Am i overlooking something here? Is there something wrong with the school? Do they even accept Minnesotan applicants? (or applicants from the states?)
If you have any information at all about the University of Saskatchewan, it is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Canadian schools look cheap because it's difficult to find their out of state/international tuition prices. Trust me, I thought the same thing and originally was looking into Guelph, until I found out their actual tuition prices were more along the lines of OOS prices elsewhere (or higher). Do more digging.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I recall correctly, the only Canadian vet schools that accept international students are the University of Guelph (Ontario Veterinary College) and Atlantic Veterinary College (Prince Edward Island). It's also my understanding that some schools may also have residency requirements for specific provinces. I know someone who teaches at Calgary, and they only take students from Alberta.

Yes, Canadian vet schools have a zone system. The zone where you have residency determines which school(s) you're allowed to apply to. We don't have nearly the choice you guys have (well, barring going out of country and paying international tuition).

Canadian universities are cheap because the provincial governments subsidize the tuition with the tax budget. That's why all the universities in Canada are public universities.