University of sciences in philadelphia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HsJunior

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into the 0-6 program at USP. I wanted to know other students how the program is? And how is the college experience at USP?

Members don't see this ad.

really hard unless you always take summer classes to stay on top of things/ahead. social life does not exist. this is not a party school. most people go home on weekends or steady at the library all weekend.

So here's the scoop about USP.
Academic quality is pretty good (at least so far from what I've seen). I don't know if it still has the reputation it once had, but job providers in the area still do know the name. Profs are usually available for office hours, and will help you if you ask them. It is not as hard as most people make it seem, and most people spend too much time studying.
Which brings me to social life. Probably the best option for you if you want a social life is to go Greek. Otherwise, there is not much to do. On the weekends, everyone is either studying or at home. The university tries to provide activities, but no one goes. There is always the city to go out to, if you find someone who is not studying to go with.
Other things: very nice gym. Overpriced meal plan that does not provide food of the quality it claims to provide. Last year the dean of students tried to quash frat parties with her iron fist (but she's gone now, we'll see what happens this year).

Members don't see this ad :)
I currently am a 3rd year student at USP. The courses are very tough and basically, we study all the time. BUT there is a good social life like the above poster talked about. Personally, I think the benefits have outweighed coming to USP. I love that the school is so small because the professors are always available and willing to give you extra help.

Pros: Small school, greek life, near the city,
Cons: Expensive if you are out of state, food is ridiculously expensive (although they have improved this semester)

Hope that helps and good luck in deciding on a school!!

-Rebecca

6th year student here. School environment isn't that bad. Decent community...great clinical pharmacy faculty... pass rate for NAPLEX in very high 90%. As the above poster said, it is expensive but the community environment outweighs it.

School does not support it's students. If you are a female, DON'T get pregnant or you will have to skip a year. The reason the pass rate is so high is the dropout rate is also ridiculously high. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Good Lawd, Old Timer layin' the smack down on USciPhilly.....

That's because they think they are better than Temple, but since I practice here I know better. I have seen to many students screwed by this venerable institution.

as a matter of fact..last year or two ago.......wasn't there a student who attempted to murder a professor for getting him kicked out of the program..??...a couple of stories come outta that school...

Been in this school for six years, never heard of that story.