• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

University of South Dakota???

Dr_Jay_wannabe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
South Dakota
I was wondering if any of you are attending the University of South Dakota Medical School, and if so, could you give me some tips or advice about getting in?

I was also wondering what they demand as far as gpa and mcat scores.

I am a South Dakota resident with goals of going into family practice. I am still a premed, and I haven't taken the mcat yet. I am just looking for some advice or tips that could help me secure a position.

Any kind of response or information would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

JJ

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Canada
  1. Attending Physician
some general advice:

the MSAR or the school's website can give you some indications about the school's GPA and MCAT standards

schools that have a rural health focus want to make sure their students share that focus, so do stuff to prove it to them, such as shadowing a FP doc in a rural setting

g'luck.

mlw

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.