University of St. Augustine Spring 2012 Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDCoop87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just received my acceptance call for the USA DPT program starting Jan 2012... :) I am so excited and cannot wait to start!!!!

Anyone else get one yet?
Anyone started a Facebook group yet?
Does anyone have advice for a place to live for my wife and I?
Cannot wait to meet you all!!

Josh Cooper

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Josh, I was accepted also. I don't think that one has been started yet! Very excited for everyone to start hearing back. I will message you.

Jenn

Hey Congrats on the acceptances! Is this for the Florida campus or San Diego?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted for may 2011 but deferred my admission so I'm starting Jan 2012 as well. If you guys are going to San Diego we will be classmates!

Hello,

I just received my acceptance call for the USA DPT program starting Jan 2012... :) I am so excited and cannot wait to start!!!!

Anyone else get one yet?

Josh Cooper

i'M IN TOO!! yay! See you there!

Hello,

Anyone else get one yet?

Josh Cooper

Here is the FACEBOOK Page:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/144786155607643/?ref=ts

and
http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-St-Augustine-FL-January-2012/202856509767496

Last edited:
Congratulations on everyone's acceptances! I interviewed this past weekend for the Flex program. . . keeping fingers crossed. Hope to see some of you at St. Augustine, Florida in 2012!!

Congratulations on your acceptances!! I got my call today - was accepted for the Jan 2012 DPT class. Can't wait to meet everyone!:)

Congrats to everyone that got accepted to USA, I'm applying for the spring of 2012. Can some for you guys share your stats please.

Thanks

I'm starting January 2012 in San Diego too. Congrats and I'll see you there!

Congrats everyone! I'm applying now and could anyone offer any advice for the autobio essay?

Thanks,
Jeff

Members don't see this ad :)
hey im applying to usa for summer 2012. can you guys tell me your gpa and gre scores for those who were accepted already to usa. thanks!

hey im applying to usa for summer 2012. can you guys tell me your gpa and gre scores for those who were accepted already to usa. thanks!

klp,

these people don't seem interested in helping us out, but hopefully they'll change their mind :D

Are you submitting before the Oct. 1st deadline? If so, we are competitors :smuggrin:

fejin757-

I think once people are accepted they don't look at these as religiously. lol. I just got accepted into the Flex DPT program at USA. Send me a PM and I'll be happy to give you some pointers.

Hey Fejin, I've been meaning to respond to your post. I was just accepted to SA's San Marcos campus (but our applications are exactly the same because we still had to submit everything to the FL campus). I feel as though SA takes more time looking at the applicants as individuals rather than the numbers. So to answer your question, my advice on the autobiography is to spend a lot of time on it. This is your time to set yourself a part from the other candidates. Don't bore your reader with every fact about your life; concentrate on what exactly drove your interests to PT. Your statement of purpose will also reflect on your interests in PT, however the autobiography gives you the opportunity to explain, for instance, why you may not have began your college career in a relatable field of study. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions on the application process.

klp, my numbers weren't as high as a lot of posts of people on here. 3.2 undergrad, 3.5 prereq, 440v550q4.5aw. I was accepted for the Spring trimester of 2012. I feel as though I had very strong references (2 PTs and anatomy prof) and I also have over 1,000 hours of observation because I worked as an aide and observed at a hospital and a snf. My interview went very well too, which probably helped. Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!

Hey klp,

My overall gpa was about 3.0 but my prereqs were a little lower. I think they were about 2.85. As for my gre, 410V, 620M, 5.0 analytical.

I also had 8,000+hrs experience in OP ortho, 700+hrs neuro, and 70 hrs in IP acute rehab hospital.

Hope that thelps and good luck!

Hi there DPoinT,
I read that you were accepted into the San Marcos program. I was accepted there as well. Are you doing the dual or DPT?

Last edited:
Hey Rhino, I was accepted for the DPT program. Are you at San Marcos too? and for DPT as well? We will be classmates! CONGRATS on the acceptance! Have you received your packet yet? Mine has yet to arrive.

Hey Fejin, I've been meaning to respond to your post. I was just accepted to SA's San Marcos campus (but our applications are exactly the same because we still had to submit everything to the FL campus). I feel as though SA takes more time looking at the applicants as individuals rather than the numbers. So to answer your question, my advice on the autobiography is to spend a lot of time on it. This is your time to set yourself a part from the other candidates. Don't bore your reader with every fact about your life; concentrate on what exactly drove your interests to PT. Your statement of purpose will also reflect on your interests in PT, however the autobiography gives you the opportunity to explain, for instance, why you may not have began your college career in a relatable field of study. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions on the application process.

klp, my numbers weren't as high as a lot of posts of people on here. 3.2 undergrad, 3.5 prereq, 440v550q4.5aw. I was accepted for the Spring trimester of 2012. I feel as though I had very strong references (2 PTs and anatomy prof) and I also have over 1,000 hours of observation because I worked as an aide and observed at a hospital and a snf. My interview went very well too, which probably helped. Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!

thanks man, I appreciate the help. I think the thing I'm having the most problem with is the Introduction. Any tips?

My stats were average, but not extremely high and I was accepted into the FL program.

GPA: 3.0
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
GRE: V: 430 Q: 630 W: 4.0

I had a lot of hours in various settings, a pretty solid set of essays, and great references. USA really does take the time to look beyond just the numbers and see the person as a whole. I felt the interview went well, too.

Hey Rhino, I was accepted for the DPT program. Are you at San Marcos too? and for DPT as well? We will be classmates! CONGRATS on the acceptance! Have you received your packet yet? Mine has yet to arrive.

DPoinT - Awesome. Congrats to you as well!!!! I'll be at San Marcos with you for DPT. I can't wait to meet everyone. I haven't received my packet yet. My friend who was admitted this past summer said it takes a few weeks for the package to arrive once you've submitted your acceptance packet.

PTjenn - Thanks for making the page. See you soon!

Hey everyone,
I am currently a first term DPT student at USA, San Diego. While I went through the interview/acceptance/starting classes/buying books/where to live ect... I had a lot of questions and wasn't sure who to ask. So if any of you have questions about USA san diego feel free to ask this way. I don't come on this site often, so PM would probably be better. Good luck or congratulations to all!

I applied for summer 2012 and I am hoping on joining you guys in Florida!

I applied for summer 2012 and I am hoping on joining you guys in Florida!

I have been put on the waitlist for a potential second round interview for the summer 2012 DPT program in FL. I'm so anxious to find out if ill get an interview. I should be finding out in a couple of weeks. Has anyone ever been put on the waitlist?

Last edited:
I am on the waitlist for the Summer 2012 interview myself. I have called twice this week, but I don't think anyone is in the office until later this week or next week. I hope I get an opportunity

I am on the waitlist for the Summer 2012 interview myself. I have called twice this week, but I don't think anyone is in the office until later this week or next week. I hope I get an opportunity

Sorry to hear about the waitlist situation :( I seem to remember you having pretty good stats so I'll be crossing my fingers for you. Can't wait to start in May!

I called them and they told me they would be letting us know within two weeks.

What are your stats?

I called them and they told me they would be letting us know within two weeks.

What are your stats?

GPA: 3.4 Pre-req/3.5 Undergraduate.
GRE: 460v/620q/4.0w.
Degree: BS in Athletic Training.

GPA: 3.4 Pre-req/3.5 Undergraduate.
GRE: 460v/620q/4.0w.
Degree: BS in Athletic Training.

Hey I just got an e-mail saying that my application will be reconsidered for the September 2012 admission. I am really worried that I wont get in because I know it is a lot harder to get in for the september round of applications. Did you hear anything back from them?

hey everybody. I actually applied for the 2012 DPT program at USA and I was on waitlist for potential interview and if not, I will be reconsidered for january. This term is really hard to get into. My stats were 3.43 undergrad and 3.5 prereq and just over 1000 on GRE. I also have a Athletic Training background and with all my clinical experience, I was put on waitlist. So no fun at all.

Hey I just got an e-mail saying that my application will be reconsidered for the September 2012 admission. I am really worried that I wont get in because I know it is a lot harder to get in for the september round of applications. Did you hear anything back from them?

Do something amazing to submit! Take more volunteer, take a class at CC, or travel abroad. Consider re-writing your essays, anything that will help you add positive notes to your application.

Just received an offer to start in May. I am not fond of the 1 month notice, but maybe someone here can put this in perspective for me. I am coming off of the wait-list for Fall 2012. How likely will I be able to defer?

Just received an offer to start in May. I am not fond of the 1 month notice, but maybe someone here can put this in perspective for me. I am coming off of the wait-list for Fall 2012. How likely will I be able to defer?

I strongly suggest that you take the offer. I'm on the same boat as you and just got an offer to start in May as well- I don't want to waste the whole summer worrying about getting accepted for the fall and I heard it's getting more and more competative getting into PT school. I just wish that they would've told me sooner since I have to move all the way to san diego from pitt :cool:

Yeah, go for it! That's not a bad problem to have. Within a month of the start of classes, you won't even remember you had a problem to begin with. ;)