Program-Specific Info / Q's University of St. Augustine Spring 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mm14673

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I was just curious if anyone else was planning to apply to USA's Spring 2015 class. It will be my first time applying to school so I'm pretty excited/nervous.

School: Salisbury University
Major: Exercise Science
Last 45 GPA: 3.2
Pre Req GPA: 3.1
GRE: Taking in May.. I will need to rock it due to my lower GPA.
Observation/OT Experience: I have been extremely blessed to work full time at the top ranked hospital in the country. 1440 Hours Acute Care as a rehab tech at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (520 Hours Neurology/Neurosurgery/Brain Rescue Unit), 180 hours Neurosciences Critical Care Unit, 220 hours Oncology, 180 hours Surgical Oncology Intensive Care Unit, 280 hours general medicine, 16 hours Surgery and 24 inpatient/outpatient hours in pediatrics at The Johns Hopkins Hospital Childrens Center. I also have 300 hours inpatient & 75 hours outpatient observed at a HealthSouth rehab hospital. 8 hours of aquatic therapy.
Other work experience: 800 hours certified personal trainer/group fitness instructor specializing in injury rehab & prevention, cardiovascular endurance & general fitness
OT Related Extra Curriculars: JHH PM&R Neuro skills labs, JHH OT Clinical Reasoning sessions, Son of a mother w/ a rare debilitating neurological disease, AOTA Conference
Non related Extra Curriculars: EXSC Club, ACSM Member, Baltimore City Kickball League

I look forward to talking with you all!

HAPPY OT MONTH!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi mm14673,

I also applied to St Augustine University -San Diego campus for Spring 2015. I am still volunteering at various OT facilities although I completed the minimum requirement of 80 Hrs and my forms have all gone out to the Admissions. I have a BS in Clinical Lab Sciences with a 3.82 overall GPA. GPA is not the the only thing they look at. They will look more closely at your OT hours. Any healthcare professional needs to 'really connect' with their client and establish trust and if you come across as an amiable person to that level, you will do just fine. Keep us all posted of when the Interview Invites comes out.

All the best.

Hello! I am also applying for Spring 2015. This would be my second try. I tried last year Oct 2013 for the May 2014 semester. I got an interview and all but didn't make the cut. Here's my stats:

GPA: 3.4
Pre-reqs: 4.0
GRE: 294
Hours: 81 (adding more)

I am scheduled to take the GRE again hoping to get a better score. I think my first score which is little below 294 was the reason for rejection. So i took it again in May and got 294, and since i still have time i'm scheduled to take it again before June 15th. I'm so anxious and stressed but I still have high hopes of getting in this time. Good luck everyone and keep everyone posted on status.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi mm14673,

I also applied to St Augustine University -San Diego campus for Spring 2015. I am still volunteering at various OT facilities although I completed the minimum requirement of 80 Hrs and my forms have all gone out to the Admissions. I have a BS in Clinical Lab Sciences with a 3.82 overall GPA. GPA is not the the only thing they look at. They will look more closely at your OT hours. Any healthcare professional needs to 'really connect' with their client and establish trust and if you come across as an amiable person to that level, you will do just fine. Keep us all posted of when the Interview Invites comes out.

All the best.

Hi aluan150, may i ask where you're doing your volunteering hours? I am having a hard time looking for one. But I just found one few days ago but still discussing on the schedule. It's a Nursing facility. The thing is, most are PT sessions. Do you think if i observe a PT session, it would count?

Hey! I applied for the spring 2015 term as well. Actually I applied to the dual program (FL campus). Now is just the waiting game. Fingers crossed, I wish you guys the best of luck!

Here's my stats:

Undergrad: UCF health science

GPA: 3.5
GPA Last 45: 4.0
Pre-reqs: 3.7ish
GRE: 299
Hours: 120ish

Hello! I am also applying for Spring 2015. This would be my second try. I tried last year Oct 2013 for the May 2014 semester. I got an interview and all but didn't make the cut. Here's my stats:

I am scheduled to take the GRE again hoping to get a better score. I think my first score which is little below 294 was the reason for rejection. So i took it again in May and got 294, and since i still have time i'm scheduled to take it again before June 15th. I'm so anxious and stressed but I still have high hopes of getting in this time. Good luck everyone and keep everyone posted on status.
Hey BubWey, your stats look great. Do you know why you weren't accepted on your first try? I hope you don't mind me asking.

Hey BubWey, your stats look great. Do you know why you weren't accepted on your first try? I hope you don't mind me asking.

Hi Gillies, I think and believe it's because of my GRE, which was little below 294 when i applied. Although I was invited for interview. I took the test twice now, my last score was 296. So i am hoping and praying that i get in this time.

Hi Gillies, I think and believe it's because of my GRE, which was little below 294 when i applied. Although I was invited for interview. I took the test twice now, my last score was 296. So i am hoping and praying that i get in this time.
I see.... Well best of luck.. well with your new GRE I think you will be good to go :)

How interesting. I am in the same boat, except it wasn't my GRE, it was my prereq GPA. I also interviewed and didnot make the cut. I am currently in route to start a different program but I couldn't help but give it another go. I really like USA. By the way, awesome pGPA!

Old Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.6
P-GPA- 3.2
GRE: 303

New Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.7
Last 45: 3.82
P-GPA- 3.46

Hours: 550

Hi aluan150, may i ask where you're doing your volunteering hours? I am having a hard time looking for one. But I just found one few days ago but still discussing on the schedule. It's a Nursing facility. The thing is, most are PT sessions. Do you think if i observe a PT session, it would count?

Hi Bubwey,

I am sorry for getting back to you so late. I did not come back to check student doc forum and just came back now to see if there are updates about Spring 2015. All the best for success this time. Well, I did both Pediatric and Geriatric Adult therapies one at a local Pediatric center and other one at San Marcos PT /OT department of Kaiser Permanente. I have a total of nearly 100 hours now and I am waiting to hear back from the Admissions. I wonder why you were rejected the first time. Did they actually tell you its the GRE? Because from what I have heard and seen , the past few applicants have sort of had mixed stats and if you are able to make it to the Interview, they have already accepted your Academics.

Thanks

Did anyone yet hear back from USA about any Interviews for Spring?

Did anyone yet hear back from USA about any Interviews for Spring?
I'm pretty confident it'll be this Friday afternoon, but it depends on them. Just the waiting game for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok- I am also awaiting for the e-mail. What happens to applicants who do not receive an e-mail? Means they are rejected/waitlisted? Any Idea?

I'm pretty confident it'll be this Friday afternoon, but it depends on them. Just the waiting game for now.

I noticed that you posted in both the OT and PT forums. Are you applying for the dual degree or just keeping up with both crowds?

I noticed that you posted in both the OT and PT forums. Are you applying for the dual degree or just keeping up with both crowds?
Keeping in with both crowds! Mostly I commented in this thread because I was in the same situation as Bubwey mentioned he was. I'm going for PT

Reactions: 1 users
How interesting. I am in the same boat, except it wasn't my GRE, it was my prereq GPA. I also interviewed and didnot make the cut. I am currently in route to start a different program but I couldn't help but give it another go. I really like USA. By the way, awesome pGPA!

Old Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.6
P-GPA- 3.2

New Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.7
Last 45: 3.82
P-GPA- 3.46

Hours: 550
Hi CourtneyDPT. Thank you. So we're in the same boat. Your stats are great! You should make it this time. Good luck to us! =)

Hi Bubwey,

I am sorry for getting back to you so late. I did not come back to check student doc forum and just came back now to see if there are updates about Spring 2015. All the best for success this time. Well, I did both Pediatric and Geriatric Adult therapies one at a local Pediatric center and other one at San Marcos PT /OT department of Kaiser Permanente. I have a total of nearly 100 hours now and I am waiting to hear back from the Admissions. I wonder why you were rejected the first time. Did they actually tell you its the GRE? Because from what I have heard and seen , the past few applicants have sort of had mixed stats and if you are able to make it to the Interview, they have already accepted your Academics.

Thanks
Hi aluan150, No. they did not tell me it's the GRE. I asked and they just directed me to the website for reapplicants. They may have accepted my stats but i guess, there were other stats better and they took the top 30-40.

I am also waiting. I know the first time i applied in October, i got the email invite like the first week of november. So it's going to be like a month and a week from the application deadline. CourtneyDPT, I also have a feeling that it will be this coming week. I am so nervous! Good luck to everyone!

Hey Bubwey
The first go with your GRE below 294 you got an interview. How did it go(the interview), what do you think were the pros and cons?

Hey Bubwey
The first go with your GRE below 294 you got an interview. How did it go(the interview), what do you think were the pros and cons?
Frito the interview went well. It was a fun interview. =)

It's almost noon (pst), cant breathe lol

Hi,
I'll probably be applying to USA-San Marcos in the Fall.
I had a couple questions I wanted to ask the admissions office. I sent them 2 emails, and have waited 3 weeks for a response, but still haven't received one.
I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone and how did you get in contact with admissions?
Thanks!