University of Sydney Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kermicrzy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just received my acceptance for an interview at University of Sydney as an international student. I've never done an MMI before and was just curious about how others felt during this process. Was it interesting/exciting or completely overwhelming?

I would just be interested on hearing some thought/opinons on the whole matter.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

You're an MD/PhD student in Ireland and you're transferring to Sydney to start over again...? Why?

Because they dont have an option for PhD only (but they have post-doc?!!?!) or PhD/Pre-medical. I just decided to do a PhD before going into medicine. But yeah, sorry for the confusion :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
ah fair enough. Yeah it did not seem right to me :p

Hi everyone,
I just received my acceptance for an interview at University of Sydney as an international student. I've never done an MMI before and was just curious about how others felt during this process. Was it interesting/exciting or completely overwhelming?

I would just be interested on hearing some thought/opinons on the whole matter.

Thanks so much!

hey kermicrzy,

How did your interview go and what was it like? I've also applied to University of Sydney and wondering about the interview.

hey kermicrzy,

How did your interview go and what was it like? I've also applied to University of Sydney and wondering about the interview.

It went really well. To tell you the truth there isnt much to worry about. Everyone is very nice and before you know it the interviews are over. If you check out pagingdr.net there might be some more info, since alot of the Australian students hang out there.

I haven't even been offered an interview or a rejection so i'm beginning to wonder if AustraLearn actually submitted my application...I hope so, I paid $100!

I dont bother with those companies because you can never know if they actually do what they say. I had a similar problem with company that does applications for Ireland. Anyway they were not much help and I ended up going directly to the college here to get clarification. I applied directly to Sydney and got an interview 2 weeks later. Think the next slots of interviews are in October? Anyway if I get a spot Im not taking it, so fingers crossed they will move along to you guys :)

Maybe you should think about contacting Sydney directly? They are very helpful and there is never any harm showing initiative. Sure are doctors suppose to be driven people naturally?!?

I'm accepting a spot at Flinders in the coming week, so I guess it's a moot point for me to ask...it's just that I would like to know what happened with my application for my own knowledge. I paid for a service, I want to know (even if rejected) what the result was.

Why not Sydney for you? (just curious)

Yeah thats pretty crap alright. I wonder about these companies, because who really do they have to listen to? Alot of it seems like they take your money, no questions asked and fingers crossed if you ever hear a thing back...

Oh Im finishing my PhD here this month in Dublin and got accepted with in the same college for grad medicine. So not much point in leaving and moving half way around world. Although I would have loved the sun and surf, but really I would have been too busy studying to even have time. Some day I hope to make it down there. Well after bank loans are paid off :xf:

Have a great time at Flinders!

oh congrats! Yeah I'd probably stay in my same school I did grad work in (actually I was hoping to...lousy Canada) since you've got all your contacts and everything there already.

All the best.

It went really well. To tell you the truth there isnt much to worry about. Everyone is very nice and before you know it the interviews are over. If you check out pagingdr.net there might be some more info, since alot of the Australian students hang out there.

thanks alot! yeah, i just realised that forum is pretty active! the general consensus seems that the interviewers are really nice and friendly and the interview flies by. that's great news! :) all the best for your medical course in ireland! congrats!