University of Toronto Lab Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shaolin80

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my courses like Physics and Organic that have lab components are being converted to 6 credit hours instead of 8 credit hours (stupid UofT). How have you guys proved that your 1.0 credit lecture/lab courses should be converted to 8 credit hours instead of 6. Do you have any UofT contact information? (it's I nightmare trying to bypass the UofT automated answering system)

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain man. I went through hell trying to get the same thing done. I tried to get the registrar at the Mississauga campus to state this in a letter, but they just wouldn't agree. The best thing to do is to count how many hours of lab, lecture and tutorial instruction were in the courses that you took, and send the schools you are applying to that information in a letter, so that they can compare apples to apples.

Now, I didn't contact the registrar downtown, so they could be more helpful. I doubt it though, because the administration at U of T is full of ******s. In any case, don't just make phone calls. Go to the registrar's office, and make an appointment to meet an advisor, and explain to them your situation. Then maybe get the school you're applying to to contact the advisor at U of T.