University of Utah Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

SuxDrugs&Rocuronium

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: ***The Official University of Utah Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Post your updates and any questions you have here. Good luck!

Class of 2023 Statistics
overall GPA: 3.74
science GPA: 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 21/20/21
Class Size: 50

>>Program Overview<<
>> Admissions Requirements <<
>> Tuition & Fees <<

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #3
School: Utah
Notification date: 8/26/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/19
GPA (overall, science): 3.42, 3.22
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/23/BIO (16)
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/2, 9/8, or 9/9
Method of Interview: Virtual

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #2
Notification date: 8/26/2020
Residency: Utah
Application complete date: 6/19
GPA (overall, science): 3.2, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/20/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/2, 9/8, or 9/9

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got an interview. In state. Submitted first day, verified 6/22.

Last edited:
Just received an interview invite. Dates available Sept 15, 16, 21, and 22. OOS.

Interview #6
Notification date: 9/3/2020
Residency: MO
Application complete date: ??
GPA (overall, science): 3.88, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/15

I chose 21st! All the dates were really soon so I picked one of the later ones so I could prepare more since it's my state school

Anyone heard if the U is still holding interviews tomorrow with the massive windstorm and power outages everywhere?

Anyone heard if the U is still holding interviews tomorrow with the massive windstorm and power outages everywhere?
I know my interview was cancelled/rescheduled, but mine was on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know the post-interview acceptance rate for IS applicants?
From some 2017 data, but I’m not sure on the source. ~70 instate applicants interviewed. 40 received offers (some after other instate students turned down the acceptance). I also read in a previous year thread that they are basically hoping for about 50% IS 50% OOS (25,25) but that they also move through a decent portion of their waitlist.

From some 2017 data, but I’m not sure on the source. ~70 instate applicants interviewed. 40 received offers (some after other instate students turned down the acceptance). I also read in a previous year thread that they are basically hoping for about 50% IS 50% OOS (25,25) but that they also move through a decent portion of their waitlist.

Do you happen to have this data for OOS?

Do you happen to have this data for OOS?

Very similar numbers. About 70 interviewed and It says 32 admitted, 17 enrolled.

Interview #1 (!!)
Notification date: 9/25/2020
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26
Application complete date: 9/7
GPA (overall, science): 3.49, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/5, 10/7, or 10/12

Reactions: 1 users
As someone that interviewed here from OOS know going in that a good number of those OOS students have ties to Utah or even live there. That was a nice surprise on my interview day.

Interview #4
School: University of Utah - School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 11/1/2020
Residency: Illiniois
Application complete date: 10/15/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.14 / 3.07
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA / 21TS / 18PAT / 21Reading / none below 17
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/9 or 11/11

Just want to confirm. Utah updates the portal and sends an email at midnight right?

Reactions: 1 users
Nope, still refreshing my inbox every 2 minutes

Offer made. Notified via email. Aadsas says check back Dec 15. It said “invited for interview” basically the entire time until now

Me too. It said I was put on the unranked alternate list. Anyone know if there is a ranked alternate list?

Me too. It said I was put on the unranked alternate list. Anyone know if there is a ranked alternate list?
me too.. from last year's post, it seems there is both a ranked and unranked

Just a heads up, some people in my class were accepted off of the waitlist as late as june/july. There's usually a lot if waitlist movement and I would guess there may be even more this year since applicants were able to attend more interviews and possibly get more acceptances due to everything being virtual.

Just a heads up, some people in my class were accepted off of the waitlist as late as june/july. There's usually a lot if waitlist movement and I would guess there may be even more this year since applicants were able to attend more interviews and possibly get more acceptances due to everything being virtual.
Do you know about how many people are on the waitlists? Or if the ranked is shorter/longer than the unranked?

I think it's about 25 people on each wait-list. They take from the ranked first and then move to the unranked. Some people in my class were on the unranked wait-list though. I'm not 100% sure but I believe that's how it is

I just turned down my acceptance. Tough decision. I hope one of you get it very soon!

That is great you have another school you’ll attend! Did you apply instate or out of state to the U?

I just turned down my acceptance. Tough decision. I hope one of you get it very soon!

People who are waitlisted, with the email that was recently sent out, does that mean everyone on the waitlist will get an acceptance on the 16th?

What did it say?

"We hope you found time during the holiday season to rest and recover. We are writing to share some insight regarding our admissions process.

On Saturday, January 16, we will extend admission to applicants who are currently on our alternate list. When we extend these additional offers, we will not rescind your offer. You are a well-qualified applicant, and your offer will remain open. However, when these additional offers are made, we will shift our acceptances to a first-come, first-served system to fill the few remaining seats in this class.
As outlined in your offer letter, the following engagement opportunities are still available to help you evaluate our program:

• A private Zoom meeting with Dean Wyatt R. Hume
  • The opportunity to connect with a University of Utah School of Dentistry alumnus
  • A private, in-person building tour hosted during an evening or weekend
Please contact Alex Steele, Admissions Manager, to schedule any or all of these engagement opportunities. We hope you choose the University of Utah School of Dentistry, and we look forward to having you join the Class of 2025."

Sounds like you already got an acceptance! Unless they didn’t mean to send that to you. Sounds promising though! Are you OOS?

Sounds like you already got an acceptance! Unless they didn’t mean to send that to you. Sounds promising though! Are you OOS?
Yess I already got an acceptance! Asking for a friend who was waitlisted. I am OOS unfortunately

Yess I already got an acceptance! Asking for a friend who was waitlisted. I am OOS unfortunately
I think the email was for individuals who were accepted but have not placed a deposit. Jan 15 is essentially a soft deadline for those individuals and they can commit any time as long as there is availability in the class

They will fill the remaining seats by going through the ranked waitlist first and then the unranked waitlist if need be. I don’t think everyone on the waitlist will be receiving an offer, especially not all at once.