University of Vermont MMS program vs Geisinger MBS program

Started by _nieve_
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

_nieve_

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I was wondering which of these choices would be a better SMP to take? Or if anyone has done either one, could let me know what your experience was like with it? They seem to be similar as they both are online and offer guaranteed interviews at their respective medical schools. The major difference is the price. UVM wanted to charge me about $55,000 USD for tuition and Geisinger wanted to charge me about $38,000 USD. Now, both schools don't offer much aid besides federal loans and the Grad PLUS loan. Also, for context, I need to take a SMP just because my undergrad science GPA was in the gutter (less than a 3.0). I haven't seen much response about UVM's MMS program discussed on here, but I have seen Geisinger's MBS program only a few times...and frankly it did leave me concerned whether or not it was a good program. I feel like some of the reviews were biased and whelp...the others seemed to state it was an "okay"program and they're in med school. Anyways, I wanted to choose Geisinger for the lower cost in tuition but if UVM is indeed the better program then it is worth the cost.

UVM's MMS program details:

Geisinger's MBS program details: