University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hrtsurgeon2b

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How heavily does vermont weigh the interview? Also how much more difficult is it for an out of state applicant to gain admission?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the interview is weighed pretty heavily just like at any medical school. The interview was very relaxed, with no stress at all, but I don't know if this applies to everyone. You do get two people at once, which is kinda weird.

Vermont gives preference to their own residents and fills up their class with them. They then give the remaining spots to out-of-staters, who are placed in categories depending on their admissibility. I believe they go to this list in May.

Andrew

Hey hrtsurgeon2be, read the thread a while back. In it I explain exactly how Vermont accepts people from out of state thoroughly. As a quick recap, most out of staters are placed on a waiting list until all vermonter spots are filled. You are placed or I should say ranked on a list. I think the list is broken up into 3 tiers. However, a few out of staters do get in right off the bat.

Altaskier

Private message me if you can't find it and I'll explain more.