University of Virginia Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Leaving Ft. Laudy at 1pm on the 26th, landing in C-Ville at 5pm. Wooooooooooooooooooooord.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm already here. :)

The funny thing is, I'm moving to a new place in town and my new lease starts on August 15th--my old one is up on the 11th. Should be a fun first week...

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know anything about the bus system in civlle?

The UVa bus system is pretty reliable and stops just about everywhere you could need. I think it stops between 5-10 minutes on average, is free, and pretty clean.

http://www.virginia.edu/parking/bus/bus.html

The Charlottesville route is what you need to get everywhere else in town. I think a couple pages back some people have commented on it and given it pretty positive reviews. I used it some my first year in undergrad...while it was better than my bus experiences in D.C. and Richmond, I still didn't care for it much. The Charlottesville buses just never seemed to be on time and often were very crowded.

Anyone know when they are going to disperse loans?

^^
2 weeks after classes start. Around the 25th or so. Not so sure.

Anyone know if we get free scrubs? For anatomy or for other things.

Most people in the hospital that I've seen walking around wear standard blue scrubs. You won't get any free scrubs first year, but you can buy used anatomy scrubs (washed) from the second years for either $5 or $10 a pair. I would not suggest going out and buying nice new UVA embroidered scrubs for anatomy because they will get disgustingly covered in cadaver juices and you will not want to ever wear them outside of anatomy lab.