University of Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jackjohn

Has anyone heard from UVA? I have been complete since august and not heard a peep. Anyone know if they mind people calling their office? I figured I would have found out something by now because I am in state.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been complete since August 9th and nothing for me either. I'm OOS though.

I was complete in the middle of August and got an interview invitation in the mail about two weeks ago. I was quite surprised!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been complete since the 3rd week of August with no word since my completion notice. They state in their email message that "repeated calls" to their office are unhelpful and take their time away from reviewing applications. So i'm guessing not a great idea to call. They said it may take "weeks or even months" to carefully review the application.

I was complete (OOS) 9/11, and received a snail-mail interview invite around oct. 10

hope this helps

I was complete (OOS) 9/11, and received a snail-mail interview invite around oct. 10

hope this helps

Yeh, helps to depress me. I'm guess they weed through em to pick their top choices first before going back to re-evaluate the second string apps then. Ah well, could be worse. I could have gotten a rejection I suppose.

Has anyone heard from UVA? I have been complete since august and not heard a peep. Anyone know if they mind people calling their office? I figured I would have found out something by now because I am in state.

I think I posted this elsewhere, but my friend applied last year (instate), received interviews from EVMS and VCU/MCV early on, then received an interview after New Years from UVA. So if you have interviews from those two schools and are instate, I'd just sit tight for a couple of months and hope for the best. He was also accepted and not waitlisted, so it definitely wasn't an interview for a waitlist spot.

I was complete there late august, interview invite by snail mail in october (i think?) and my interview's the second week in november. I'm OOS. I haven't heard much about the school, anyone want to enlighten me? Is it the "best" of the VA medical schools?

I think I posted this elsewhere, but my friend applied last year (instate), received interviews from EVMS and VCU/MCV early on, then received an interview after New Years from UVA. So if you have interviews from those two schools and are instate, I'd just sit tight for a couple of months and hope for the best. He was also accepted and not waitlisted, so it definitely wasn't an interview for a waitlist spot.

And a new hope emerges!