J

jackjohn

Has anyone heard from UVA? I have been complete since august and not heard a peep. Anyone know if they mind people calling their office? I figured I would have found out something by now because I am in state.

nighthawk3

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
I was complete in the middle of August and got an interview invitation in the mail about two weeks ago. I was quite surprised!

About the Ads

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have been complete since the 3rd week of August with no word since my completion notice. They state in their email message that "repeated calls" to their office are unhelpful and take their time away from reviewing applications. So i'm guessing not a great idea to call. They said it may take "weeks or even months" to carefully review the application.

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I was complete in the middle of August and got an interview invitation in the mail about two weeks ago. I was quite surprised!

That is great news! At least there is still hope for the rest of us then!

jayhawk07

10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I was complete (OOS) 9/11, and received a snail-mail interview invite around oct. 10

hope this helps

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I was complete (OOS) 9/11, and received a snail-mail interview invite around oct. 10

hope this helps

Yeh, helps to depress me. I'm guess they weed through em to pick their top choices first before going back to re-evaluate the second string apps then. Ah well, could be worse. I could have gotten a rejection I suppose.

TakingBakSunday

Awesome in concert
10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2006
wisconsin
www.espn.com
Has anyone heard from UVA? I have been complete since august and not heard a peep. Anyone know if they mind people calling their office? I figured I would have found out something by now because I am in state.

I think I posted this elsewhere, but my friend applied last year (instate), received interviews from EVMS and VCU/MCV early on, then received an interview after New Years from UVA. So if you have interviews from those two schools and are instate, I'd just sit tight for a couple of months and hope for the best. He was also accepted and not waitlisted, so it definitely wasn't an interview for a waitlist spot.

tch001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was complete there late august, interview invite by snail mail in october (i think?) and my interview's the second week in november. I'm OOS. I haven't heard much about the school, anyone want to enlighten me? Is it the "best" of the VA medical schools?

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I think I posted this elsewhere, but my friend applied last year (instate), received interviews from EVMS and VCU/MCV early on, then received an interview after New Years from UVA. So if you have interviews from those two schools and are instate, I'd just sit tight for a couple of months and hope for the best. He was also accepted and not waitlisted, so it definitely wasn't an interview for a waitlist spot.

And a new hope emerges!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.