Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

University of Virginia

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Premed2003, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know about UVA? Their website is not very detailed. What type of curriculum is it exactly? Small group learning? problem based? all lecture? It seems like the website says it's a combination of all, but it doesn't say which predominates. Is it all lecture with 1 small meeting of problem based per week, for example? Or is it an equal combination?

Does anyone know about their emphasis on research? The website says they have a special program for research, but again there is only brief mention of it. Does anyone have details about it?

Any info about curriculum etc etc would be great!
    Thanks

2. Wahoo07

Wahoo07 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, their curriculum really is a mixed bag. However, it's mostly a traditional lecture oriented curriculum. You sit in lecture M-F from 8? or 9-12 and then you get the rest of the day to study, run errands, whatever. You also have anatomy lab and problem sessions in the afternoon. But you'll probably have 3 out of 5 afternoons free, from what my friends have told me. There's no set research requirement or anything, but mostly people undertake research in the summer after first year.

3. AlternateSome1

AlternateSome1 Burnt Out
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well, they actually do have a ton of information on their website. http://www.med.virginia.edu/medicine/student-affairs/
    I'd take a look at the student handbook if you have any questions. It took me a few browsings of their website to find it, but there it is. I hope that helps.

~AS1~