You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Washington DPT 2019
Started by gnanders
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LaxCoach18
Full Member
Have not heard back either. Hoping they send something out soon!Hi everyone,
I was just curious to see if anyone has heard from UW yet? They said mid to late January and we are hovering right around there and I'm wondering if anyone has heard back yet?
TIA!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ohhihello
Full Member
Hey everyone, I am thinking we will not hear until closer to the end of month first of February. I have been reading forums from last year and they were posting in mid-February looking for decisions.
I keep on waiting for an email, but it has not come yet
Yeah but last year their website stated mid-Feb so that’s why. This year it’s stated mid to late January so I expect we will hear back very soon.
Nothing here. Hoping this is going to be the week!
It's looking more and more like it is going to be into February before we hear back. One of the therapists I work with is an alum of the UW DPT program and she said she would not be surprised at all if it was pushed into February... so we might have to hang tight a little longer, unfortunately! Hopefully not 🙂
LostConfusedDucky
Full Member
Just got my acceptance!
Via what method?
thisisfine97
New Member
just got my acceptance too, via email! its not updated on the portal until feb 1st.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CascadeGuy
New Member
I'm in as well! The email ended up in my junk folder so be sure to check there.
PhysicalTherapyDP
Full Member
Just got an email that I’m on the waitlist :/ does anyone know anything about the waitlist from previous years? They didn’t give me a rank or anything
CascadeGuy
New Member
I remember speaking with the admissions counselor at the end of last year's cycle and they said that UW was going to transition to a lottery system for the waitlist, so instead of filling spots in order they would randomly call someone from a pool of people. You may want to call them and confirm this though, it seems like a worse way to go about it.Just got an email that I’m on the waitlist :/ does anyone know anything about the waitlist from previous years? They didn’t give me a rank or anything
Waitlisted via email this morning... The waiting continues for me, but Congrats to those who got in!!
I remember speaking with the admissions counselor at the end of last year's cycle and they said that UW was going to transition to a lottery system for the waitlist, so instead of filling spots in order they would randomly call someone from a pool of people. You may want to call them and confirm this though, it seems like a worse way to go about it.
Also, If anyone confirms this, please post. Id love to know the answer.
Tast3ofk0lea
Full Member
Hi Im on the alternate list too. I was wondering if there was a difference between the alternate and waitlists? Or are they the same.
PhysicalTherapyDP
Full Member
Hey y'all! I'm on the alternate list too! I emailed them to see if we could find out which position we are if it goes in a ranking order? It's way better than a rejection so I certainly do not mind 🙂
Yeah let us know what they tell you!
PhysicalTherapyDP
Full Member
For those who were accepted, when do you have to give a decision by?
thisisfine97
New Member
we have to give a decision by feb 15th. Im most likely giving up my spot, good luck to alternates!! 🙂
CascadeGuy
New Member
Feb 15thFor those who were accepted, when do you have to give a decision by?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ohhihello
Full Member
Same thing!Hi Im on the alternate list too. I was wondering if there was a difference between the alternate and waitlists? Or are they the same.
firstwealthhealth
Full Member
Got into UW this morning via email. So thrilled!! Have till feb 15th to decide too
Sounds like you still deciding? Congrats on your acceptance.Got into UW this morning via email. So thrilled!! Have till feb 15th to decide too
To any UW waitlisters that had the same question as I did:
The Alternate List is not done through a lottery. We each have a position! They would not, however, tell me my position... lol. After the 15th they said they may be able to give me a ballpark as to where I stand (top third, middle third, or bottom third) But they wouldn't give out specifics.
Not Ideal, but hope that helps someone who might be trying to make decisions now!
The Alternate List is not done through a lottery. We each have a position! They would not, however, tell me my position... lol. After the 15th they said they may be able to give me a ballpark as to where I stand (top third, middle third, or bottom third) But they wouldn't give out specifics.
Not Ideal, but hope that helps someone who might be trying to make decisions now!
firstwealthhealth
Full Member
Sounds like you still deciding? Congrats on your acceptance.
Correct. Deciding between VCU and UW
does anybody know how many people they wait list/alternate and what the chances are?
UW puts a lot of people on the Alternate List! They apply the waitlist tag pretty liberally, which unfortunately decreases the chances alternates will get accepted.
CascadeGuy
New Member
University: University of WashingtonCongrats to everyone who got the acceptance! Does anyone mind posting stats??
Major: Physiology
Minor: Nutrition
Overall GPA: 3.72
Pre-req GPA: 3.67
GRE: 161Q, 163V, 4.0 writing
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 Prof, 1 Volunteering Supervisor
Volunteer: 2000 outpatient, 6 inpatient (hospital), 5 aquatic, 25 SNF, 5 inpatient w/ PA, 5 shadowing orthopedic surgeon
Extracurriculars: Volunteer yoga instructor, volunteer basketball coach. Volunteer in-home trainer for a client with CP. Undergrad Research.
PhysicalTherapyDP
Full Member
UW puts a lot of people on the Alternate List! They apply the waitlist tag pretty liberally, which unfortunately decreases the chances alternates will get accepted.
Do you know from years past how deep into the waitlist they tend to offer more acceptances?
firstwealthhealth
Full Member
University: small, selective liberal arts college
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.14
Undergrad GPA: 2.98
Pre-Req GPA: Close to 4.0
Gap-year GPA: 4.0
GRE: 158 verbal, 156 quantitative
Extra Curricular: 4-year varsity athlete (3x NCAA competitor), social fraternity, orchestra, 2.5 years in other professional work (will be starting school as a 26yo), 1+ years as a tech, research assistant in college
Observation Hours: 40 hours inpatient at SNF & hospital, +1000 hours outpatient at the time of application
Acceptances: VCU, UW, ODU, Lynchburg, Mary Baldwin / Murphy Deming, Rocky Mount U
Waitlist: Shenandoah, UPS
Interviews offered at: Marymount, Methodist, LIU Brooklyn, High Point, George Fox, Mary Baldwin, Shenandoah, Rocky Mount
(didn't accept all interview offers)
Denied from Radford
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.14
Undergrad GPA: 2.98
Pre-Req GPA: Close to 4.0
Gap-year GPA: 4.0
GRE: 158 verbal, 156 quantitative
Extra Curricular: 4-year varsity athlete (3x NCAA competitor), social fraternity, orchestra, 2.5 years in other professional work (will be starting school as a 26yo), 1+ years as a tech, research assistant in college
Observation Hours: 40 hours inpatient at SNF & hospital, +1000 hours outpatient at the time of application
Acceptances: VCU, UW, ODU, Lynchburg, Mary Baldwin / Murphy Deming, Rocky Mount U
Waitlist: Shenandoah, UPS
Interviews offered at: Marymount, Methodist, LIU Brooklyn, High Point, George Fox, Mary Baldwin, Shenandoah, Rocky Mount
(didn't accept all interview offers)
Denied from Radford
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from UW / already accepted!
breadybread
Full Member
just gave up my spot, good luck everyone 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How come?just gave up my spot, good luck everyone 🙂
breadybread
Full Member
How come?
got accepted to USC with scholarship and UCSF as well which were my top two programs, trying decide between the two now haha
PhysicalTherapyDP
Full Member
To any UW waitlisters that had the same question as I did:
The Alternate List is not done through a lottery. We each have a position! They would not, however, tell me my position... lol. After the 15th they said they may be able to give me a ballpark as to where I stand (top third, middle third, or bottom third) But they wouldn't give out specifics.
Not Ideal, but hope that helps someone who might be trying to make decisions now!
I asked them and got the same response. Just curious if you’ll be emailing them again since it’s past the 15th? Or will you wait to hear back from them with a potential alternate spot number? Not sure if I should email again...
I asked them and got the same response. Just curious if you’ll be emailing them again since it’s past the 15th? Or will you wait to hear back from them with a potential alternate spot number? Not sure if I should email again...
I also called on the 15th to see if they would give me any update... They would not. They said they would meet again this week to send out the next wave of acceptances. No information on how many spots are open. I doubt they are ever going to give us any specifics on our positions 🙁