University of Washington DPT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gnanders

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just curious to see if anyone has heard from UW yet? They said mid to late January and we are hovering right around there and I'm wondering if anyone has heard back yet?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I was just curious to see if anyone has heard from UW yet? They said mid to late January and we are hovering right around there and I'm wondering if anyone has heard back yet?

TIA!
Have not heard back either. Hoping they send something out soon!

I’ve been wondering the same. I’ll let you know if I hear from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I am thinking we will not hear until closer to the end of month first of February. I have been reading forums from last year and they were posting in mid-February looking for decisions.
I keep on waiting for an email, but it has not come yet

Reactions: 1 users
Someone from a pre-PT group I’m in sent an email last week asking when we’d hear back. The UW’s program coordinator responded saying that they were still reviewing apps and they “hope to notify applicants of their status by the end of January”

Hey everyone, I am thinking we will not hear until closer to the end of month first of February. I have been reading forums from last year and they were posting in mid-February looking for decisions.
I keep on waiting for an email, but it has not come yet

Yeah but last year their website stated mid-Feb so that’s why. This year it’s stated mid to late January so I expect we will hear back very soon.

Nothing here. Hoping this is going to be the week!

Nope, trying to resist the urge to manically check my email every half hour.

Reactions: 5 users
Still nothing here either... will definitely let you guys know if I hear back! Hoping this is the week!

It's looking more and more like it is going to be into February before we hear back. One of the therapists I work with is an alum of the UW DPT program and she said she would not be surprised at all if it was pushed into February... so we might have to hang tight a little longer, unfortunately! Hopefully not :)

Members don't see this ad :)
just got my acceptance too, via email! its not updated on the portal until feb 1st.

I'm in as well! The email ended up in my junk folder so be sure to check there.

Just wondering if UW sends out the acceptances all at the same time?

Just got an email that I’m on the waitlist :/ does anyone know anything about the waitlist from previous years? They didn’t give me a rank or anything

Alternate! but I think I’m okay with that. UW is beautiful but much too expensive for out of state and difficult to get in state tuition. I’m just glad the weight of waiting is over and I can finally make a decision!

Just got an email that I’m on the waitlist :/ does anyone know anything about the waitlist from previous years? They didn’t give me a rank or anything
I remember speaking with the admissions counselor at the end of last year's cycle and they said that UW was going to transition to a lottery system for the waitlist, so instead of filling spots in order they would randomly call someone from a pool of people. You may want to call them and confirm this though, it seems like a worse way to go about it.

Hey y'all! I'm on the alternate list too! I emailed them to see if we could find out which position we are if it goes in a ranking order? It's way better than a rejection so I certainly do not mind :)

Waitlisted via email this morning... The waiting continues for me, but Congrats to those who got in!!

I remember speaking with the admissions counselor at the end of last year's cycle and they said that UW was going to transition to a lottery system for the waitlist, so instead of filling spots in order they would randomly call someone from a pool of people. You may want to call them and confirm this though, it seems like a worse way to go about it.

Also, If anyone confirms this, please post. Id love to know the answer.

I got in as well! Mine also ended up in the junk folder.. so definitely look there! Yay!

Hi Im on the alternate list too. I was wondering if there was a difference between the alternate and waitlists? Or are they the same.

Hey y'all! I'm on the alternate list too! I emailed them to see if we could find out which position we are if it goes in a ranking order? It's way better than a rejection so I certainly do not mind :)

Yeah let us know what they tell you!

we have to give a decision by feb 15th. Im most likely giving up my spot, good luck to alternates!! :)

Alternate as well! Congratulations to anyone who got accepted.

got waitlisted too. Anybody else is on the alternate list as well?

does anybody know how many people they wait list/alternate and what the chances are?

To any UW waitlisters that had the same question as I did:

The Alternate List is not done through a lottery. We each have a position! They would not, however, tell me my position... lol. After the 15th they said they may be able to give me a ballpark as to where I stand (top third, middle third, or bottom third) But they wouldn't give out specifics.

Not Ideal, but hope that helps someone who might be trying to make decisions now!

does anybody know how many people they wait list/alternate and what the chances are?

UW puts a lot of people on the Alternate List! They apply the waitlist tag pretty liberally, which unfortunately decreases the chances alternates will get accepted.

Congrats to everyone who got the acceptance! Does anyone mind posting stats??

Congrats to everyone who got the acceptance! Does anyone mind posting stats??
University: University of Washington
Major: Physiology
Minor: Nutrition
Overall GPA: 3.72
Pre-req GPA: 3.67
GRE: 161Q, 163V, 4.0 writing

LOR: 2 PTs, 1 Prof, 1 Volunteering Supervisor

Volunteer: 2000 outpatient, 6 inpatient (hospital), 5 aquatic, 25 SNF, 5 inpatient w/ PA, 5 shadowing orthopedic surgeon

Extracurriculars: Volunteer yoga instructor, volunteer basketball coach. Volunteer in-home trainer for a client with CP. Undergrad Research.

UW puts a lot of people on the Alternate List! They apply the waitlist tag pretty liberally, which unfortunately decreases the chances alternates will get accepted.

Do you know from years past how deep into the waitlist they tend to offer more acceptances?

University: small, selective liberal arts college
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.14
Undergrad GPA: 2.98
Pre-Req GPA: Close to 4.0
Gap-year GPA: 4.0
GRE: 158 verbal, 156 quantitative

Extra Curricular: 4-year varsity athlete (3x NCAA competitor), social fraternity, orchestra, 2.5 years in other professional work (will be starting school as a 26yo), 1+ years as a tech, research assistant in college

Observation Hours: 40 hours inpatient at SNF & hospital, +1000 hours outpatient at the time of application

Acceptances: VCU, UW, ODU, Lynchburg, Mary Baldwin / Murphy Deming, Rocky Mount U

Waitlist: Shenandoah, UPS

Interviews offered at: Marymount, Methodist, LIU Brooklyn, High Point, George Fox, Mary Baldwin, Shenandoah, Rocky Mount
(didn't accept all interview offers)

Denied from Radford

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from UW / already accepted!

To any UW waitlisters that had the same question as I did:

The Alternate List is not done through a lottery. We each have a position! They would not, however, tell me my position... lol. After the 15th they said they may be able to give me a ballpark as to where I stand (top third, middle third, or bottom third) But they wouldn't give out specifics.

Not Ideal, but hope that helps someone who might be trying to make decisions now!

I asked them and got the same response. Just curious if you’ll be emailing them again since it’s past the 15th? Or will you wait to hear back from them with a potential alternate spot number? Not sure if I should email again...

I asked them and got the same response. Just curious if you’ll be emailing them again since it’s past the 15th? Or will you wait to hear back from them with a potential alternate spot number? Not sure if I should email again...

I also called on the 15th to see if they would give me any update... They would not. They said they would meet again this week to send out the next wave of acceptances. No information on how many spots are open. I doubt they are ever going to give us any specifics on our positions :(