University of Washington DPT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also called on the 15th to see if they would give me any update... They would not. They said they would meet again this week to send out the next wave of acceptances. No information on how many spots are open. I doubt they are ever going to give us any specifics on our positions :(

Yeah that’s what I’m starting to think too. We’ll just have to continue waiting I’ll definitely post here as soon as I hear anything !

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! How long are they giving you to decide? I’m still eagerly waiting :/ I called yesterday and they said they’re going through the alternate list throughout this week.[/QUOTE

I have till the 26th to decide. I'll be accepting! Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! How long are they giving you to decide? I’m still eagerly waiting :/ I called yesterday and they said they’re going through the alternate list throughout this week.

what's "going through the list" even mean? I thought we all have a number on the wait list?

what's "going through the list" even mean? I thought we all have a number on the wait list?

Just accepting more applicants I take it. I don’t know about you but I wasn’t given a number nor do I know how their waitlist exactly works.

Just accepting more applicants I take it. I don’t know about you but I wasn’t given a number nor do I know how their waitlist exactly works.
I don't think they are allow to give out your number. It's just feel weird to me that if they have a wait list and everybody has a number. Why would they have to meet up and go through it again?

Got accepted off the waitlist as well. Will be turning it down though so everyone hoping for a spot stay positive!

They informed me that I am on the top 20% of the waitlist. Does anyone know if they're still pulling people off this week or if any more specifics were given?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that accepted an offer planning to attend the Info Session on Friday?

I just received a reply saying that I was in the middle 1/3 group in the alternate list.. does anybody have an idea what that means lol

Yeah I got an email saying I was 50th percentile lol. Doesn't sounds like good news but a very confusing way to say it.

If the waitlist is 160 long and the size of the class is 48, there is a very low chance to get in off the waitlist now, considering they already took their first wave. Still hoping though!

If the waitlist is 160 long and the size of the class is 48, there is a very low chance to get in off the waitlist now, considering they already took their first wave. Still hoping though!
They told me they went down to position 100 last year so don't give up hope!

Hi all! I got off the waitlist and have till Monday to decide. Does anybody have any big takeaways from either the info session or their knowledge that could help me?

Hi all! I got off the waitlist and have till Monday to decide. Does anybody have any big takeaways from either the info session or their knowledge that could help me?
Hi, I was just wondering what position did they tell you that you were on before you got off? also what are the other choices youre deciding between?

Congrats!
Sorry if this is a little late, I just saw your comment. I went to the info session on Friday and overall I was very impressed. Some takeaways:
  • Along with the 4 clinicals, students get to work in one of a variety of teaching clinics in the area. I believe one is at UWMC, one is in a local ortho clinic, and one is in the on-campus health center. The students I talked to had great things to say about this program, and were bummed that it was only 1 quarter long.
  • There is a heavy emphasis on research; over half of the faculty are conducting their own research and it seems like most of them encourage student involvement. Students are also required to complete their own capstone case study or research project before graduation.
  • From my conversation with the professor who oversees cilnical/residency placement, I got the impression that UW has a large network of clinical sites across the PNW (not surprising) but that you can also travel across the country if you want to. There are a number of residency options including neuro, sports ortho, acute, and a pediatric residency at Seattle Children's that I thought was especially interesting.
If you want to live and practice in Seattle after you graduate, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better option than UW.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I was just wondering what position did they tell you that you were on before you got off? also what are the other choices youre deciding between?

i did not ask! I was originally planning on Drexel but now UW is the way I’m going

Congrats!
Sorry if this is a little late, I just saw your comment. I went to the info session on Friday and overall I was very impressed. Some takeaways:
  • Along with the 4 clinicals, students get to work in one of a variety of teaching clinics in the area. I believe one is at UWMC, one is in a local ortho clinic, and one is in the on-campus health center. The students I talked to had great things to say about this program, and were bummed that it was only 1 quarter long.
  • There is a heavy emphasis on research; over half of the faculty are conducting their own research and it seems like most of them encourage student involvement. Students are also required to complete their own capstone case study or research project before graduation.
  • From my conversation with the professor who oversees cilnical/residency placement, I got the impression that UW has a large network of clinical sites across the PNW (not surprising) but that you can also travel across the country if you want to. There are a number of residency options including neuro, sports ortho, acute, and a pediatric residency at Seattle Children's that I thought was especially interesting.
If you want to live and practice in Seattle after you graduate, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better option than UW.

Thank you so much! Even though I already decided on Monday, this was very helpful in terms of providing me with me information. I appreciate it!

I was just offered a spot on Wednesday and have until tomorrow to finalize. I will be accepting! I’ve been lurking on this thread for a little bit gathering a ton of info and wanted to let people here know I was told I was in the top ten percentile of the waitlist. I still don’t know my exact spot but hope this helps! Good luck to everyone.

I was just offered a spot on Wednesday and have until tomorrow to finalize. I will be accepting! I’ve been lurking on this thread for a little bit gathering a ton of info and wanted to let people here know I was told I was in the top ten percentile of the waitlist. I still don’t know my exact spot but hope this helps! Good luck to everyone.
Congrats! I was told top 15% recently so i hope im coming up and some other ppl decline cause its my dream school :p hopefully i see you there

I was told I was on the “lower end” of the list, so I know my chances of getting in are extremely slim. I just wanted to see if there was at least some movement.

I just asked and for now every spot is full. So we just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope people decide to decline uw and go elsewhere. Which is very reasonable as Im sure most people got into or will get into multiple schools.

Well I can tell you there’s been some movement because I’ve gone from from top 25% to 8%. But that’s a bummer that the class is filled right now :/ hopefully we get some more movement as people decline in the next month or two

Well I can tell you there’s been some movement because I’ve gone from from top 25% to 8%. But that’s a bummer that the class is filled right now :/ hopefully we get some more movement as people decline in the next month or two

Well that makes me happy because I was top 20% so I should be high up at this point. Im sure there will be some level of movement because people are still probably deciding also. Lets not give up hope!

Well that makes me happy because I was top 20% so I should be high up at this point. Im sure there will be some level of movement because people are still probably deciding also. Lets not give up hope!

Oh yeah definitely if you were 20%. Good luck and let me know if you hear anything and I’ll do the same!

I just got in!

Ahh that’s awesome! Congratulations! I’m still patiently waiting....I was top 5% as of a week and a half ago. Will you be accepting your spot? Also just curious, did they give you a certain amount of days to give a decision?

Good luck! Does anyone know how many people total are currently on the waitlist? I’m still hoping to get in as well.

Someone posted earlier in this thread that there are 160. And when I emailed the program, they said they made it down to 100 last year.

Ahh that’s awesome! Congratulations! I’m still patiently waiting....I was top 5% as of a week and a half ago. Will you be accepting your spot? Also just curious, did they give you a certain amount of days to give a decision?

I will be accepting! I hope to see you there. Good luck! On that note, are there any prior UW students that could answer some questions?

Anyone from the alternate list hear anything new? I’m dying here waiting haha

Have anyone gotten any update yet for waitlist? Thanks!

I received an email about a week and a half ago to confirm if I wanted to keep my place on the alternate list. I said I would like to keep it. Did anyone keep/give up their place or hear any updates about how long the list is now?