University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunkiki486

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Someone told me to check out this forum so here I am! Currently I'm an undergrad at the Univ of WA and am applying for pharmacy this year like most of you. I was just wondering if anyone else applied to the Univ of Washington pharmacy school? I have my interview there next week and it's my first interview so I'm a bit nervous!

I know that they have a 15-minute writing portion, and I'm really scared about that since I'm a slow writer and it takes a while for me to articulate my thoughts... So I was wondering (for those of you who have had to write something) how you prepared for it. And what kind of questions do they ask?? I'm taking that it won't be a topic that is too intense -- after all we only have 15 minutes to do it. Any advice/suggestion is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks~

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't apply to U of W but have interviewed at two schools. In general, I felt I could write well but not in the limited time they provide. It seemed that most of the applicants interviewing that day felt the same way. I don't believe there is a way to prepare for the writing section. My first interview was at UCSF and I don't believe I did as well on the writing section as I did with my second interview at UOP. This may be due to the fact that UOP had a lot more easier topic. Anyhow, I guess my advice would be not to stress too much and think about the topic given calmly. Good luck and I hope you do well!