University of Waterloo Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RX2011

RX2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone ( mainly the CANADIAN students =) )
Has anyone here been accepted/applied to UW;s new pharmacy school? , OR is anyone planning to apply to this school

Since this is a new school , there does not seem to be much info available about it and not many people know it even exitsts so
I was just wondering if anyone could post some stats for this school like how many applicants there were average GPA 's etc. or give me some other info.

I was also wondering if you applied to this program, what was your gpa and did u get accepted or rejected

thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Is this program even fully accredited?

University of Waterloo is a TERRIFIC school to begin with. I am statistics major in the US and I know that their actuarial science program is #1 in North America, and the statistics program is probably #2 after UToronto. Computer science is also a great department.

As far as pharmacy, I did not even know that they had a pharmacy school.

But UWaterloo is one of the best schools in Canada to begin with so I doubt that you could go wrong coming here.

In fact the Canadian pharmacy schools sound really good to me and have stricter admissions standards than most of the US pharmacy schools. Plus the tuition is much less expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need at least a 75% average to apply to Waterloo Pharmacy. The school is fully accredited. The tuition is $14k. For more info, check out www.pharmacy.uwaterloo.ca

Hope that helps!~~:)

As binnie said, UWaterloo's Pharmacy school is fully accredited. Although I heard that they had scheduling/organizational/administrative problems, it isn't unusual considering their first year hasn't even started yet.

Shameless plug: Don't forget about University of Toronto! We are also a great university! :)

As binnie said, UWaterloo's Pharmacy school is fully accredited. Although I heard that they had scheduling/organizational/administrative problems, it isn't unusual considering their first year hasn't even started yet.

Shameless plug: Don't forget about University of Toronto! We are also a great university! :)

I would rather pay 12K than 14K a year anyway. Go University of Toronto!

It's nice that Waterloo finally opened Ontario's second pharmacy school! It sounds like their program will be great once they get it running for a while and gain some experience. One cool feature of theirs is making it a CO-OP program. That's sure to appeal to lots of people!

Co-op is fine and all, but it's not as if pharmacy students have too much difficulty finding on-the-field experience. It's just a matter of looking at the right spots for a summer job for example.

Co-op is fine and all, but it's not as if pharmacy students have too much difficulty finding on-the-field experience. It's just a matter of looking at the right spots for a summer job for example.

not really the case in canada, at least in Ontario, you need to take a 2 year course to work as a tech (no exceptions), and volunteering is pretty much pointless since there isn't really anything you can do

not really the case in canada, at least in Ontario, you need to take a 2 year course to work as a tech (no exceptions), and volunteering is pretty much pointless since there isn't really anything you can do

Ummm, no. You can counsel and even take verbal prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist as a pharmacy student in Ontario, something even the technicians cannot do. Most pharmacy students work for pay in pharmacies over the summer, they do not volunteer (that's usually done before entrance into pharmacy school). Don't know where you got your info from, but do check your references again.

Pharmacy co-op?

Wats the point, not only is there a shortage of pharmacists in canada (like any health care profession in canada) but 98% of student are employed after graduation.

Plus I think majority of pharm students work during school/summer..

Actually, according to government survey (available on the OUAC website), 100% of Pharmacy graduates find jobs after graduation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmacy co-op?

Wats the point, not only is there a shortage of pharmacists in canada (like any health care profession in canada) but 98% of student are employed after graduation.

Plus I think majority of pharm students work during school/summer..

well..co-op also helps as a better bridge from classroom learning to hands-on learning, making connections, and discovering what kinda pharmacy careers are out there besides "hospital", "retail" or "pharmaceutical company". like we hear these often but it would good to actually have a feel for all these varieties before you graduate so you can make better choices

well..co-op also helps as a better bridge from classroom learning to hands-on learning, making connections, and discovering what kinda pharmacy careers are out there besides "hospital", "retail" or "pharmaceutical company". like we hear these often but it would good to actually have a feel for all these varieties before you graduate so you can make better choices

I second that! Also along with the Co-op your are not just gaining experience but you are also exposed to the outer world. You can always come back to the classroom and find answers to the problems faced.

Ermmm...most pharmacy students even at University of Toronto also get exposed to the "outer world" during their summer stints, regardless of co-op being a necessity. Co-op or no co-op in your program, it's completely up to you as to how you want to explore your career options before you graduate.

I know quite a few people who did not even work in a pharmacy before graduating from pharmacy school (!), but they are doing just fine now as pharmacists.

I agree with the above.....

But even after all that id still go to Waterloo...coz UofT is probably the most overrated school in canada...

Me too, I'll still go to waterloo. I never wanted to go to UT, didn't go for my undergrad. And while I applied to UT pharmacy, I seriously seriously was hoping that I would not have to end up going there because I just really really did not want to be a UT student.

Sour grapes I see :D . Good luck at Waterloo guys and girls :thumbup:.

Me too, I'll still go to waterloo. I never wanted to go to UT, didn't go for my undergrad. And while I applied to UT pharmacy, I seriously seriously was hoping that I would not have to end up going there because I just really really did not want to be a UT student.

oh..why not? *casts a sour look* =P is it cuz you've seen how our souls were sucked out of us? haha

When I was in high school deciding on which university to go to, I had couple friends at UT, who told me if you want to go to professional school, just don't come to UT for your undergrad. Later on, when I graduated and some of my friends went to UT, I heard terrible things about the place. I don't know, I have yet to meet people that say wonderful things about the university. I'm sure there are people out there that love the place; I unfortunately have yet to come across those people.

i'm so broke.. 14,000 tuition a year? no wonder my sister calls me a parasite at home..before i can contribute i have to use a whole lot first :eek:

LOL, yea 14K is a ton, plus living expenses, sigh, my bank is gonna love me

Which university did you go to and did you graduate yet, Onetreehill?

I went to U of T (St. George) for undergrad and now pharmacy. What your friends told you is both true and false. U of T is not necessarily harder per se, but other elements and factors contribute to the elevated level of stress and tension amongst the student body. There are rarely assignments, and the tests and exams can be very random and meticulous in picking out details (e.g. I actually had a question asking for a newspaper headline that the professor skimmed over in the very first introductory lecture). However, it's not the avoid-at-all-costs horrible experience you seem to think it is. The heightened tension and fear you experience can help forge strong bonds between friends. My friend and I call each other comrades - we've known each other since elementary school, but U of T has helped us gain a deeper understanding of each other. We fight the U of T war together in spirit (because we are now in separate programs), battle by battle.

It's also very possible to succeed at U of T. My friend just got accepted to McMaster medical school straight from third year, and my other friend is waiting to hear from Queens. A few people I met in first year are in pharmacy with me. Other people I know are doing quite well. So while I definitely have had rough times at U of T, U of T has also been very nice to me. It's a love-hate/bitter-sweet relationship. :)

I'm a UT student!! And I love it lol, its not all bad . :laugh:

Er, back to the original topic,
Accepted
GPA 3.74

My GPA is ok, nothing brilliant though, Im sure there are people that hv way better than me! I kind of don't like how everyone is going to know it now, but hope this will help you get an idea about Waterloo...actually there was another thread earlier where people who got interviews were posting their stats...i think 3.0 gives you a decent shot at an interview with a good application, and they don't really look at marks after that. Good luck!

like i said before UofT is garbage..

it may be great for the top 5% of students who got 3.7+....(who are only doing so well because they work with 300 of the friends...i dont wanna say much/type of people...coz its gunno start ****)..but it is a worthless struggle

worthless in the sense that its UNDERGRAD....i could understand if it was the actual professional school itself.....which requres a more indepth education...(and dont give me that crap that it "prepares you"-I think high school should have prepared everyone!!!, but sadly it hasn't)

..notice how only N. american countries have adopted this system...and what kind of system is it? a profitable one!....its no longer about the education
it never was
and with this system it never will be

I know EVERY university is like this....but at one point the system is going to backfire...there is going to be wayyy more students with higher educations in overqualified jobs (backhome...there used to be people with phds driving cabs!..and it had nothing to do with the immigration problem)...

I still cannot understand why (but iam sure after some time it will happen)...that any professional school is going to let in x100 more students,, in their first year class, then followed by a massive filter (i guess they have SOME compassion by leaving it at undergrad)...or 2 dumb to notice?

i honestly dont know the point of what I just rambled..ahahha....

i HATE uoft...but i know i would also hate other universities as well....they are all based on the same system...$$$...its never about education

how much can you honestly learn with 2500 students in a class?!!??!!??

or Waterloo with 600 students?

or a CC with 20 students?

is that higher education? competition??!!? the ability not to get weeded out and do well?when all professional schools do it look at your marks.

i dont know...ill shut up..

"Dont let schooling get in the way of your education" (Mark Twain)

oohh and it u want friends...

got to a pub

How exactly is it all about the money when only the top students are getting into professional schools? Can you please elaborate on that seemingly rather nonsensical point (I might be wrong here, you might have an actual point, but please do elaborate if you do)?

Which university did you go to and did you graduate yet, Onetreehill?

I went to U of T (St. George) for undergrad and now pharmacy. What your friends told you is both true and false. U of T is not necessarily harder per se, but other elements and factors contribute to the elevated level of stress and tension amongst the student body. There are rarely assignments, and the tests and exams can be very random and meticulous in picking out details (e.g. I actually had a question asking for a newspaper headline that the professor skimmed over in the very first introductory lecture). However, it's not the avoid-at-all-costs horrible experience you seem to think it is. The heightened tension and fear you experience can help forge strong bonds between friends. My friend and I call each other comrades - we've known each other since elementary school, but U of T has helped us gain a deeper understanding of each other. We fight the U of T war together in spirit (because we are now in separate programs), battle by battle.

It's also very possible to succeed at U of T. My friend just got accepted to McMaster medical school straight from third year, and my other friend is waiting to hear from Queens. A few people I met in first year are in pharmacy with me. Other people I know are doing quite well. So while I definitely have had rough times at U of T, U of T has also been very nice to me. It's a love-hate/bitter-sweet relationship. :)
I go to the University of Waterloo and will be graduating once I take two more courses in the fall.

How is it not about the money?? Are you crazy?!!

Is there really a need to have 2,500+ students in a class??

I didnt even know what my 1st years professor looked like....I studied my ass off of photocopyed lab manuals..and asked dumb ass TAs more q than my prof
..how can you possibly explain that if it isnt for money?..which I assume is at the top for financial support for the school (+gov)...

Because UofT takes in so many students in 1st year...and becuase there are soo few seats for available the following year....and so forth..
you are exposed to a higher "pressuer cooker" situation...weed out 2,500 students into 1,500 into 700 into 500 that finally graduate...

If you look at waterloo or CC for example, there are much less students..there is no need to weed out ..but rather encourages students to say longer..translants to $$...there is less competition= better grads= better success

Like I said before its good for the selected few who do well..and get into professional schools..(ie those that didnt go to uoft)

but majority of students who fall short..i mean students between 3.0- 3.5's...GPA wise..specifically in Canada with respect to the healthcare profession..it is very limited to get in anywhere...

it doesnt mean you have little chance....it means you have no chance...

if you were in the US.in a similar situation with a 3.0 GPA from harvard (canada's uoft equivalent??i dunno), amazing EC, PCATs, letters of recom, letter of intent, essays you will have a 99% chance of getting in to any professional school.....

but in canada..specifically UofT pharm....all they care about is marks...1st year marks (thats all they look at..i asked most schools before)..no interviews, no ref letters, no letter of intent, no EC...ooohh I forgot the UTPAT....

Congratuations you got a 90 in Bio 150!!

And I honestly dont mean to offend anyone.....spec those that got in....but the people I know that graduated from that specific school (3) dont even know how to talk to people...they are soo ackward..and I feel sorry for the community that they will 1 day represent..but all they have done is studied..day in and day out...

and its amazing if this was for a bussiness spot..you would want these candidates!..but its a health care profession with constant people-people interactions...it just boggles my mind..

Personally I would never got to uoft pharm...I know I applied this year..but if I could have my $300 back..so they could cancel my application I would do it in a heart beat

like i said before UofT is garbage..

it may be great for the top 5% of students who got 3.7+....(who are only doing so well because they work with 300 of the friends...i dont wanna say much/type of people...coz its gunno start ****)..but it is a worthless struggle

worthless in the sense that its UNDERGRAD....i could understand if it was the actual professional school itself.....which requres a more indepth education...(and dont give me that crap that it "prepares you"-I think high school should have prepared everyone!!!, but sadly it hasn't)

..notice how only N. american countries have adopted this system...and what kind of system is it? a profitable one!....its no longer about the education
it never was
and with this system it never will be

I know EVERY university is like this....but at one point the system is going to backfire...there is going to be wayyy more students with higher educations in overqualified jobs (backhome...there used to be people with phds driving cabs!..and it had nothing to do with the immigration problem)...

I still cannot understand why (but iam sure after some time it will happen)...that any professional school is going to let in x100 more students,, in their first year class, then followed by a massive filter (i guess they have SOME compassion by leaving it at undergrad)...or 2 dumb to notice?

i honestly dont know the point of what I just rambled..ahahha....

i HATE uoft...but i know i would also hate other universities as well....they are all based on the same system...$$$...its never about education

how much can you honestly learn with 2500 students in a class?!!??!!??

or Waterloo with 600 students?

or a CC with 20 students?

is that higher education? competition??!!? the ability not to get weeded out and do well?when all professional schools do it look at your marks.

i dont know...ill shut up..

"Dont let schooling get in the way of your education" (Mark Twain)

you seem to think that there are going to be too many university graduates - there are 2 ways I can think of off the top of my head to solve this "problem" :
1) accept less people into university
2) let less people graduate once they get in

you seem to disagree with UT's system in which 2) is being implemented, with many students getting bad grades under a "pressure cooker" system

so am I correct in assumign you'd rather 1) happen, even if that means more people are deprived of even the chance to get into university, get a degree, and open doors that require a university degree?

also, seeing as you're a "premedical" student, one might assume you have a decent gpa - yet you seem to differentiate yourself from "top 5% with 3.7+" who ALL get this only due to group work...

please enlighten me if im wrong :laugh:

And I honestly dont mean to offend anyone.....spec those that got in....but the people I know that graduated from that specific school (3) dont even know how to talk to people...they are soo ackward..and I feel sorry for the community that they will 1 day represent..but all they have done is studied..day in and day out...

and its amazing if this was for a bussiness spot..you would want these candidates!..but its a health care profession with constant people-people interactions...it just boggles my mind..

Personally I would never got to uoft pharm...I know I applied this year..but if I could have my $300 back..so they could cancel my application I would do it in a heart beat

Way to generalize there, my bitter friend. You want to come talk to me? I'm not awkward, just a little too handsome if you are of the female gender, so beware ;) .

If it was about the money, they would accept thousands of students in medical schools (like they do in many South Asian countries), charge them all 25,000 bucks per year, and our health care system would go bonkers. It's not about money; they are just trying to get the cream of the crop (although their method of finding it is something I do not agree with, so we see eye to eye on one aspect atleast). And maybe you should have looked elsewhere for undergraduate studies; most schools I know besides U of T have first year biology classes ranging around 500 students or so, which is reasonable considering the number of high school graduates gunning for professional school we generate each year in Ontario. As I have said over and over again, blaming the system is futile. I got in, and so can you. Application and determination is the key. Best of luck :thumbup:.

hey guys

i have heard a lot about UW and apparently their pharmacy program is not that great, eaiser to get into that UT but they are having a lot of administrative problems..... even their co-op program is bad , alot of the student had to find their own placements and if you want to do co-op out of province , you will have a really hard time as they have VERY FEW out of province spots...so dont trust their stupid website that says you will get a chance to go international blah blah, the only way you will get to do this is if you arrange your own somehow, for the mostpart they want you to stay in Ontario, i think you even have to promise them to do one of your co-ops in an underserved area in ontario , so be prepared to work in some boonyland for four months
their program is a lot of hype , thats about it

cya

lol. So I have no clue what your sources are but you are completely wrong. There were tons of jobs posted. Some students did find their posistions but for their own reasons, not because they weren't any jobs. They are also working on international jobs. You have to realize that the school has only undergone one co-op term and that there are tons more to go. Don't expect all your eggs to be in the first basket! lol.

Yes, you have to promise to serve in an underserved area. An underserved area is also an area with a shortage of health-care workers. To be honest, you don't need to go to the booneyland to find that!

Yes, most of the jobs are in Ontario! Go figure! They opened a school of pharmacy in Ontario to keep pharmacists here! So no duh most of the jobs are gonna be here!

As for placements, the positions are not placements! A placement is when you are "placed" into a job. I don't consider submitting cover letters and resumes and going to individual and group interviews to be hired "placed" in a job.

I sincerely hope that no one takes your post seriously because there's a lot of bad information in it.

As for placements, the positions are not placements! A placement is when you are "placed" into a job. I don't consider submitting cover letters and resumes and going to individual and group interviews to be hired "placed" in a job.

But once you have been accepted, isn't that hassle exactly what co-op programs are supposed to help you avoid? Pardon me, but if UW students have to go around searching for pharmacy jobs just like U of T students, this co-op business is a sham and false advertising at worst. I had to go to 30 different pharmacies and drop my resumes before I found full-time positions for the summer (by getting part-time hours at two different stores). It's not that easy; you are competing with older pharmacy students and pharmacy technicians (sometimes international graduates as well). If UW's co-op is not helping you out in this regard, the offer doesn't sound too lucrative to someone undecided between a position at either UW or U of T.

Let me clarify how co-op actually works. You don't go around to various places and drop off your resume. Employers who are interested in hiring a pharmacy student submit a job listing. Students (through an online system) apply. Employers decide who they want to interview. Students attend job interview. After some time, employers offer positions and students decide which job they want to attend.

All interviews happen on campus. For the first class, they had two full days booked where employers came and students went to the interviews they had. Yes it's work in the sense that you are applying via resumes and interviews etc etc. However, it's also convinient that employers come to your campus rather than you go hunting them down and chasing them with paperwork. The online system is pretty tight in terms of deadlines and when applications have to be in, when interviews are to be accepted etc etc.

Let me clarify how co-op actually works. You don't go around to various places and drop off your resume. Employers who are interested in hiring a pharmacy student submit a job listing. Students (through an online system) apply. Employers decide who they want to interview. Students attend job interview. After some time, employers offer positions and students decide which job they want to attend.

All interviews happen on campus. For the first class, they had two full days booked where employers came and students went to the interviews they had. Yes it's work in the sense that you are applying via resumes and interviews etc etc. However, it's also convinient that employers come to your campus rather than you go hunting them down and chasing them with paperwork. The online system is pretty tight in terms of deadlines and when applications have to be in, when interviews are to be accepted etc etc.

Yeah, we had some employers at our building too. A whopping total of 2 positions for Walmart summer pharmacy student program for the entire Toronto region :thumbup:.

As soon as students find out that there are less than 120 (or whatever the number of students in the class is) job listings on the website you mentioned and that they would have to compete against each other to get these positions, we are going to have a bunch of very p*ssed off pharmacy students at our hands. And if UW does not start guaranteeing co-op positions for pharmacy students in the next few years (doesn't look like it will be the case this year), they can kiss their popularity among the "oh I'll be learning hands on yay" crowd goodbye.

Yeah, we had some employers at our building too. A whopping total of 2 positions for Walmart summer pharmacy student program for the entire Toronto region :thumbup:.

As soon as students find out that there are less than 120 (or whatever the number of students in the class is) job listings on the website you mentioned and that they would have to compete against each other to get these positions, we are going to have a bunch of very p*ssed off pharmacy students at our hands. And if UW does not start guaranteeing co-op positions for pharmacy students in the next few years (doesn't look like it will be the case this year), they can kiss their popularity among the "oh I'll be learning hands on yay" crowd goodbye.
Actually, they have hundreds of employers already on hand. The 92 first year pharm students had approx 120 of those jobs open to be applied too. Also, not all the students are going on co-op terms at once. You will never have all four years worth of pharmacy students co-oping the exact same term. They are all staggered.

As for UW guaranteeing co-op positions; that completely underscores the credibility of the instituition and what UW truly stands for. The University of Waterloo in general is known for its co-op. This process is used in all of its undergraduate programs; and it works. Employers love it. Why should the school guarantee jobs? Gosh, at some point we are gonna have to go find jobs on our own when we graduate. And heck, if you don't like hands on learning, even the little bit of networking you gain is the inch you need when you graduate.

I honestly hope that UW never guarantees co-op positions. That would totally undermine the process of applying for jobs and totally discredits students who work hard.

Actually, they have hundreds of employers already on hand. The 92 first year pharm students had approx 120 of those jobs open to be applied too. Also, not all the students are going on co-op terms at once. You will never have all four years worth of pharmacy students co-oping the exact same term. They are all staggered.

As for UW guaranteeing co-op positions; that completely underscores the credibility of the instituition and what UW truly stands for. The University of Waterloo in general is known for its co-op. This process is used in all of its undergraduate programs; and it works. Employers love it. Why should the school guarantee jobs? Gosh, at some point we are gonna have to go find jobs on our own when we graduate. And heck, if you don't like hands on learning, even the little bit of networking you gain is the inch you need when you graduate.

I honestly hope that UW never guarantees co-op positions. That would totally undermine the process of applying for jobs and totally discredits students who work hard.

I think zohaibab meant guaranteeing a co-op position as in having enough co-op positions to be filled (i.e. co-op students who are not competitive enough aren't left out in the dust). But obviously, they have other means of getting a job, like in what UofT students go through. This would be a bit unfortunate since the UW student may be paying a higher cost to attend the co-op program at UW, but I guess that's just how it is.

Last edited:
I think zohaibab meant guaranteeing a co-op position as in having enough co-op positions to be filled (i.e. co-op students who are not competitive enough aren't left out in the dust). But obviously, they have other means of getting a job, like in what UofT students go through. Obviously, this would be unfortunate since the UW student may be paying a higher cost to attend the co-op program at UW, but I guess that's just how it is.

Thanks for saving me some work my friend :thumbup: .

Thanks for saving me some work my friend :thumbup: .
What I am trying to say is that they ALREADY have enough positions for all pharmacy students. Yes, we are paying 2K more each year that UT students. Considering the tuition at UT is around 12K- 2K more is not a big deal; to me anyway. Also, coop students are estimated to make between 8K-10K each co-op term; so it works out pretty well.

I'm not saying UT students don't make that in their summer terms also. Just that UW students don't have to chase around employers for those positions.

What I am trying to say is that they ALREADY have enough positions for all pharmacy students. Yes, we are paying 2K more each year that UT students. Considering the tuition at UT is around 12K- 2K more is not a big deal; to me anyway. Also, coop students are estimated to make between 8K-10K each co-op term; so it works out pretty well.

I'm not saying UT students don't make that in their summer terms also. Just that UW students don't have to chase around employers for those positions.

Although I understand both yours and zohaibab's points, I just want to say that money isn't a big issue at UofT since if you've not covered fully covered by OSAP, UofT will cover the rest of the expenses (although I'm not 100% sure how this procedure works, anyone?). As I mentioned in another thread similar to this one, I'll check in on my UW friend and I ask her how it is, etcetc.

Although I understand both yours and zohaibab's points, I just want to say that money isn't a big issue at UofT since if you've not covered fully covered by OSAP, UofT will cover the rest of the expenses (although I'm not 100% sure how this procedure works, anyone?). As I mentioned in another thread similar to this one, I'll check in on my UW friend and I ask her how it is, etcetc.

Yes, U of T does cover a large amount of the fee not covered by OSAP. I only had to take out around a 1000 bucks from a line of credit for the first year, and I'm hoping I won't have to do even that this year because of my earnings during the summer.

Good luck to all UW co-op students. If, however, UW has been untruthful about co-op positions and later on makes you go around different pharmacies looking for a position on your own, you should curse out the UW pharmacy school administrators until they weep with shame :D , because I know first hand how hard getting pharmacy jobs in Toronto is for pharmacy students (specially P1's).

Yes, U of T does cover a large amount of the fee not covered by OSAP. I only had to take out around a 1000 bucks from a line of credit for the first year, and I'm hoping I won't have to do even that this year because of my earnings during the summer.

Good luck to all UW co-op students. If, however, UW has been untruthful about co-op positions and later on makes you go around different pharmacies looking for a position on your own, you should curse out the UW pharmacy school administrators until they weep with shame :D , because I know first hand how hard getting pharmacy jobs in Toronto is for pharmacy students (specially P1's).
UW has been truthful. You can't go around calling the program a co-op program until a certain number of employers have signed papers with Career Services and done a lot lotta other paperwork.

I understand that it's really hard to believe in the process for non-UW students so I'm not gonna try. Ive just been immersed in this environment for the last 3 years so I know how many checkpoints this system has.

hey ,
i heard that UW did in fact have a lot of co-op jobs , but VERY FEW out of province and internatioal postions
most of the jobs they had were outstide the GTA ( ie underserved areas) and since most people wanted to work in toronto, many people had to compete with each other for the GTA jobs
many of the postions avaliable were really bad as well , they were in boonyland areas so nobody wanted them but unfortunaly since all students have to be place somewhere , some students had to take these spots
so, dont expect to work where you want to work , you may even have to relocate for many of these postions ,
to aviod this problem many students just looked for their own postions ,
trust me this information is accurate

hey ,
i heard that UW did in fact have a lot of co-op jobs , but VERY FEW out of province and internatioal postions
most of the jobs they had were outstide the GTA ( ie underserved areas) and since most people wanted to work in toronto, many people had to compete with each other for the GTA jobs
many of the postions avaliable were really bad as well , they were in boonyland areas so nobody wanted them but unfortunaly since all students have to be place somewhere , some students had to take these spots
so, dont expect to work where you want to work , you may even have to relocate for many of these postions ,
to aviod this problem many students just looked for their own postions ,
trust me this information is accurate
Looks like there is disagreement in the first class of pharmacy. I have gotten a really different perspective on the coop positions from a student in the first class.

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone know how much on average pharmacists make in toronto. I've been hearing mixed things from people so I'm not sure (some say they make 35, others 50)...
Anyone know on average how much they make?

the average they make in the toronto area is somewhere between 45-50 dollars and hour
this is an AVERAGE
some make more , other less
starting wages range from 35-40 dollars per hour
if you want to work futher north in underserved areas you will make more

UW pharmacy is pretty bad right now. They changed the professor THREE times for pharmaceutics II. Some were fired, and others just quit. The prof for professional practice has never taught before in her life. She tried to teach ALL OTC's in ONE MONTH. The only good prof was Dr. Beazely who is originally from U of T pharmacy. Basically, if your enter UW be prepared to be a guinea pig and walk around blindly.

UW pharmacy is pretty bad right now. They changed the professor THREE times for pharmaceutics II. Some were fired, and others just quit. The prof for professional practice has never taught before in her life. She tried to teach ALL OTC's in ONE MONTH. The only good prof was Dr. Beazely who is originally from U of T pharmacy. Basically, if your enter UW be prepared to be a guinea pig and walk around blindly.

Are you saying this as a student of the faculty or is this just based upon hearsay?