University of Wisconsin Class of 2013!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Basically you guys won't be M1s until our class are M2s... that won't happen until the M2 class are M3s, which happens 7/6. I think we were registered for classes sometime in July/August IIRC, I was out of the country at the time so don't remember precisely.

Actually neither you OR the incoming students get the status change until YOU start the new academic year, regardless of when our year starts...;)

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter from Dean McBride about my netid, the surveys, insurance, and having been enrolled in classes yesterday. Anyhoo, it says that they enrolled me in classes as of 6/8, but when I went to my wisc and the other site, both say I'm not enrolled. I don't have any holds. I'm confused. :confused: Anyone else? Should I call someone, or should I just chill for a few days? Am I supposed to enroll myself? Have I missed something?

I did find a section of OASIS (under degree progress) showing that M1 classes had been selected for me.

However.... I cannot find the survey we are supposed to take related to PDS :scared:

am I failing before classes even start????;)

Congrats on everyone getting accepted. Anyone a Bact or MM&I major from Madison going to med school at UW as well?

I'm a proud Bact / MMI double major with an MS in Bact.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did find a section of OASIS (under degree progress) showing that M1 classes had been selected for me.

However.... I cannot find the survey we are supposed to take related to PDS :scared:

am I failing before classes even start????;)

I can't find it, either. It is not where they said it would be. I'm going to assume that it will show up before classes do start. This whole process is crazy-making for me! :scared: Wait, why am I still awake??? (Btw, thanks for OASIS hint!)

Last edited:
So, I just checked OASIS again (I know, compulsive, but I am so ready to start!) and we can get into the 09-10 M1 year now... lots of new stuff to sift through!

:D

So, I just checked OASIS again (I know, compulsive, but I am so ready to start!) and we can get into the 09-10 M1 year now... lots of new stuff to sift through!

:D

Am I right in thinking that the info that's up now under M1 was actually for the class above us, as it all says 2008-2009? Aside from the schedule part, that is - yay classes!!! Also, I still can't find the survey. Anyone have any luck with that?

I finally got my apartment situation settled today - soooooo excited for August!!!!

Am I right in thinking that the info that's up now under M1 was actually for the class above us, as it all says 2008-2009? Aside from the schedule part, that is - yay classes!!! Also, I still can't find the survey. Anyone have any luck with that?

I finally got my apartment situation settled today - soooooo excited for August!!!!

If you go under the first year to select "Entering 08-09", then click on schedule, you will see something about the survey come up.

You are right- the M1 09-10 stuff is still relevant to the class ahead of us; but it is still fun to go through it all! :laugh:

I never got a letter from the Dean...did this come in the mail or email? I'm out of the country, so maybe it was sent to my permanent address? Or maybe they're not sending it because I still haven't submitted my titer form, which I can't complete til August when back in the States (I already received permission for late submission).

Also, what is this PDS survey everyone's referring to?

I never got a letter from the Dean...did this come in the mail or email? I'm out of the country, so maybe it was sent to my permanent address? Or maybe they're not sending it because I still haven't submitted my titer form, which I can't complete til August when back in the States (I already received permission for late submission).

Also, what is this PDS survey everyone's referring to?

The letter is in OASIS- I don't think any of us got an email notification it was there or anything snail mail either.

Just found it d/t compulsive checking of OASIS ;)

The PDS survey shows up in OASIS under announcements (select entering 08-09, then click on schedule).

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

Okay- I stand corrected. I just received an email notifying us of Letter #3.

I guess a few of us jumped the gun! :laugh:

Nevermind--I found it in OASIS!

Yep. :laugh: Guilty as charged.

hahaha ya I just got that email too, however that letter was posted last week or over the weekend (I can't remember when I first saw it).

Members don't see this ad :)
On a different topic, does anyone know if Sprint is any good in Madison and Wisconsin in general? It looks like they'd be the best deal in terms of price but I don't really know anything about Sprint and customer satisfaction.

On a different topic, does anyone know if Sprint is any good in Madison and Wisconsin in general? It looks like they'd be the best deal in terms of price but I don't really know anything about Sprint and customer satisfaction.

Yooooooooooooooooooo Roady mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! How was your drive home? And when do you move to Madison?

dude...plans have changed...see my sig below

Does anybody have any info about registering for the medical spanish course? I tried to register online and was told I need instructor permission... Since it doesn't start right away (in Sept., from 5:30-7:30pm on Thursdays, I think), do ya'll think that we'll be able to register during orientation?

I'm happy to call the school, but I figure if somebody already knows then I don't have to bug them (again... hehe).

Does anybody have any info about registering for the medical spanish course? I tried to register online and was told I need instructor permission... Since it doesn't start right away (in Sept., from 5:30-7:30pm on Thursdays, I think), do ya'll think that we'll be able to register during orientation?

I'm happy to call the school, but I figure if somebody already knows then I don't have to bug them (again... hehe).

I was just wondering the same thing- and if the course is geared towards those who already are fluent in Spanish or those with little Spanish language skills.

If no one posts and you do call, please let us know! :thumbup:

my parents have it... it kinda sucks. The reception isn't really that great. I think you'll do best with US Cellular or AT&T... US Cellular is the best at HSLC by far though!

I'm also interested in registering for medical Spanish class. I know one of the instructors, so I'm going to email her and see what she says about registering, then I'll let you guys know.

from what I've heard, the class isn't geared towards total beginners, but you also don't need to be totally fluent.

I asked the Medical Spanish instructor and she told me registration for the class begins in August. She said there's typically a long waiting list for the class, though.

I asked the Medical Spanish instructor and she told me registration for the class begins in August. She said there's typically a long waiting list for the class, though.

I am not sure about that but afaik all of my classmates that wanted to take it were able to...

Hey all! Just an aside - I had my son Asa Joseph Spiros at 6:43 am on 6/22. He was 2 weeks early, 9lbs 3oz, 21.5" long. We're all great, but I'm probably going to be scarce for a while! :D

Hey all! Just an aside - I had my son Asa Joseph Spiros at 6:43 am on 6/22. He was 2 weeks early, 9lbs 3oz, 21.5" long. We're all great, but I'm probably going to be scarce for a while! :D

Congratulations, Nanon!!! Best wishes to you and your new little guy (and the rest of your family too, of course)!

Congrats Nanon!

OASIS has updates for us under the M1 year- look for the folder marked M1 2009-2010.

Less than 50 days 'til orientation!

Dear All,
I just got accepted from the waiting list.

Could you please tell me where to send our transcipts, the MD admissions office or the office for student services, or some where else?

Thanks.

I can not wait to join you all.

Congrats! The letter should tell you where to send everything, I believe it all goes to the admissions office though.

Congrats! The letter should tell you where to send everything, I believe it all goes to the admissions office though.

It seems it is not very clear about the transcripts. The confirmation letter need to be sent to the admissions office and the immunization record need to be sent to the office for student service.

I may just send them to admissions office.

It seems it is not very clear about the transcripts. The confirmation letter need to be sent to the admissions office and the immunization record need to be sent to the office for student service.

I may just send them to admissions office.

Yep, just send them there. Congrats!!! :D

Does anyone know when we receive financial aid checks? Is it in August around the time school starts or in September when undergraduates start? Anyone know exact date? Thanks!

Does anyone know when we receive financial aid checks? Is it in August around the time school starts or in September when undergraduates start? Anyone know exact date? Thanks!

In the fin aid letter (I think it's under the aid folder for either year in Oasis) it says "late August," but I haven't seen an exact date anywhere. It also says mid-January for the spring $$$.

Congratulations windcolour!

You know you're a dork when you get EXCITED to have your final exam schedule (posted in OASIS)!

Some of you may have figured this out a while ago, but it seems from the info posted on OASIS (exam schedule, course directors) that anatomy is definitely going to be 2nd semester...right?

yup thats what it looks like. Coincidentally, it looks like there are no exams scheduled around Halloween... weird... I wonder if that is a coincidence?:D

Hey guys-
I just got accepted yesterday! Way late, so if anyone has any tips on housing, fin aid, anything!!! let me know!

congrats penguin!!! way to go!!!!

and by the way, is anyone getting excited for school to start!!!???? only about 2 more weeks to go! did you guys receive any additional information about exact times and places for orientation?? the last thing i received was the info about letter 3 from dean mcbride. and that was a LONG time ago. did they mail us anything via postal mail or send us any emails???? im making sure i'm not missing anything. Thanks!

congrats penguin!!! way to go!!!!

and by the way, is anyone getting excited for school to start!!!???? only about 2 more weeks to go! did you guys receive any additional information about exact times and places for orientation?? the last thing i received was the info about letter 3 from dean mcbride. and that was a LONG time ago. did they mail us anything via postal mail or send us any emails???? im making sure i'm not missing anything. Thanks!

You know, when I checked OASIS today it said we had a "NEW NOTICE" but I couldn't find anything marked as new when I looked through it...

I was kinda wondering the same thing in regards to time and place of orientation.

Anyone else moving in this week, we are moving on Monday.

You know, when I checked OASIS today it said we had a "NEW NOTICE" but I couldn't find anything marked as new when I looked through it...

I was kinda wondering the same thing in regards to time and place of orientation.

Anyone else moving in this week, we are moving on Monday.

The orientation info. is the "new notice" ... if you click on the calendar to the first week of classes, it's there :).

Is anyone's 2009-2010 account closed? I haven't been able to access mine since yesterday ...

The orientation info. is the "new notice" ... if you click on the calendar to the first week of classes, it's there :).

Is anyone's 2009-2010 account closed? I haven't been able to access mine since yesterday ...

I haven't been able to get into the 09-10 account since yesterday either. I do not have anything under the notices regarding orientation yet... but I am probably the last student alphabetically, so I am sure it will pop up by day's end ;)

I too don't have any orientation info yet. For those of you who have some info can you please let us know the gist of what it says. Thanks!:)

nevermind. finally got it.