University of Wisconsin Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedsoldja

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey so UW-madison sent me their secondary today and it asked for all of my life activities. I was wondering what you all did, because I was just planning on using all of my AMCAS ones with a few more. Is that what they want us to do because they don't specify adding ones outside of AMCAS? I don't understand why a central application service exists if schools don't use it....

Members don't see this ad.

also does anyone know how many people UW interviews after filling their secondary? (i dont mean to sound anal, i'm just wondering since they screen for secondaries and i dont wanna be turned down here especially since i'm in state)

premedsolja-

It's been a long time since I did my secondary, but I think that was pretty much what I did. If you have a unique experience that you would like to spend more time talking about consider doing the optional essay. I feel like this helped my cause in gaining acceptance to UW.

In regards to interviews, I believe that UW interviews nearly all in-state residents that apply. So, I would give it shot and fill out the secondary. I was also an instate applicant. Let me know if you have any more questions about UW. Good luck with the rest of your application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey so UW-madison sent me their secondary today and it asked for all of my life activities. I was wondering what you all did, because I was just planning on using all of my AMCAS ones with a few more. Is that what they want us to do because they don't specify adding ones outside of AMCAS? I don't understand why a central application service exists if schools don't use it....

I got their secondary as well, but as far as I can tell from the MSAR it looks like the deadline (12/1) has passed for turning it in... so i just disregarded it. Correct me if I'm wrong please

I agree with Pike - If you check mdapplicants nearly every instate person got an interview (although I'm still waiting, jerks). They were ridiculously late just getting their secondary to me - I submitted all my other secondaries at least two weeks before Wisconsin sent me theirs in late-October. If you really want to go there, just send it in. They were the ones that screwed up by waiting until after the due date to send you their secondary.