UNLV (OOS) vs. Touro vs. NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SobeLifes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UNLV
Pros: Location, weather, good clinic - I am from Cali so Nevada is a closer to where I want to practice.
Nevada - I actually have a friend practicing around the state and she enjoys it.

Cons: Little more expensive than Touro (1st year OOS, 2~4th - IS tuition).
I think Touro has a better didactic fit than UNLV. Seemed students rather benefit much on studying on their own and UNLV does not offer lecture recording.

Touro
Pro: I really like the educational system here. Even all lectures are recorded and students are able to re-listen.
Clinics are brand new.
Huge on digital dentistry
NY - also cons since I like the west coast weather
Living cost not that bad (compare to Manhattan)
tuition also one of cheapest for private. Only 50k per year + material fees etc so come down to 75k + total excluding living expenses
Cons: Weather is probably bit cold.

NYU
Pros: Reputation - maybe - diversity of school

Cons: Price - I doubt I want to be in 600k + debt for 4 years.

Members don't see this ad.

UNLV
Pros: Location, weather, good clinic - I am from Cali so Nevada is a closer to where I want to practice.
Nevada - I actually have a friend practicing around the state and she enjoys it.

Cons: Little more expensive than Touro (1st year OOS, 2~4th - IS tuition).
I think Touro has a better didactic fit than UNLV. Seemed students rather benefit much on studying on their own and UNLV does not offer lecture recording.

Touro
Pro: I really like the educational system here. Even all lectures are recorded and students are able to re-listen.
Clinics are brand new.
Huge on digital dentistry
NY - also cons since I like the west coast weather
Living cost not that bad (compare to Manhattan)
tuition also one of cheapest for private. Only 50k per year + material fees etc so come down to 75k + total excluding living expenses
Cons: Weather is probably bit cold.

NYU
Pros: Reputation - maybe - diversity of school

Cons: Price - I doubt I want to be in 600k + debt for 4 years.

do not pick NYU...

Reactions: 1 users
Touro despite low tuition living in the Touro area is actually very expensive. If you look around rent can start from $1000. I live in NYC and have been accepted to both and Touro was actually very expensive.

Yes NYU is expensive but you can save money on living expensive if you avoid the Manhattan area. If money is your determining factor then follow Mac words and pick the cheapest.

Touro despite low tuition living in the Touro area is actually very expensive. If you look around rent can start from $1000. I live in NYC and have been accepted to both and Touro was actually very expensive.

Yes NYU is expensive but you can save money on living expensive if you avoid the Manhattan area. If money is your determining factor then follow Mac words and pick the cheapest.

1k is reasonable. Manhattan definitely starts around 2k. Thanks for input!

Members don't see this ad :)
1k is reasonable. Manhattan definitely starts around 2k. Thanks for input!

Urrmmm... No.

Living in Manhattan can be manageable, assuming with roommates.

I've heard cheapest 1k in upper west to 1.5k near dental school. There are more expensive ones, of course.

Reactions: 1 user