UNLV or Michigan ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrEagleMike

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just looking for opinions. please let me know what you think. Sorry it's another one of these threads.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just looking for opinions. please let me know what you think. Sorry it's another one of these threads.

Assuming you are out of state at both schools I would say Michigan because of the better reputation. UNLV seems like it would be more fun though, and you will never face horrible winters. I've never seen Michigan but UNLV had one of the best facilities I have ever seen.

If you are in state at either of these schools, I say go to that one and save money on tuition.

Well, if you are out of state for both, UNLV will be cheaper, because I heard they let you pay in-state after a year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am out of state but I am wondering if UNLV gives scholarships to their students. I'm talking about a significant amount. Also, I wonder if UNLV is a good school to go to if I decide to specialize.

UNLV, choose the less expensive school. UNLV is a new great school with pristine facilities. That along with the less expensive school is by far the better choice.

I know you get in-state tuition after the first year, but isn't UNLV doing a large increase in tuition due to budget cuts? Also, to the OP, I saw in your other posts that you're LDS. I'm pretty sure there's a larger LDS community in Nevada than Michigan if that's an important factor in your decision. I've never been to U of M but I was not impressed with UNLV at all.

UNLV due to less expensive and new facilities