Program-Specific Info / Q's UNLV OTD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTfield2019

Reaction score
Has anyone applied to UNLV’s OTD Program that begins June 2020?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied. They sent out an email for the video online interview. Have you done it yet?

Hey,

I remember messaging you. We have about the same stats. Yes, I received the email too, so I was hoping to get feedback from someone who has already done it! But I can’t find anyone else who has applied to the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I remember messaging you. We have about the same stats. Yes, I received the email too, so I was hoping to get feedback from someone who has already done it! But I can’t find anyone else who has applied to the program.
Oh yes I remember. I am also looking to see if someone else has completed it, yet since it's not due for a while, I feel like a lot of people are going to wait. I will keep an eye out & we can keep each other updated!

Oh yes I remember. I am also looking to see if someone else has completed it, yet since it's not due for a while, I feel like a lot of people are going to wait. I will keep an eye out & we can keep each other updated!

Yeah of course, will do! I didn’t see a due date for the Kira Interview. Do you know where I can find the due date? I’m looking to complete my interview over this Thanksgiving weekend, I’ll keep you updated on that :) Have you completed yours yet?

Yeah of course, will do! I didn’t see a due date for the Kira Interview. Do you know where I can find the due date? I’m looking to complete my interview over this Thanksgiving weekend, I’ll keep you updated on that :) Have you completed yours yet?
I actually do not know when the due date is, but I was not planning on doing it for a while, so I am assuming probably not for a while. I will probably get it done during Christmas break though. Let me know how it goes!

Update: they sent me an acceptance letter on April 2nd

Update: they sent me an acceptance letter on April 2nd
Same. I received my acceptance letter on April 3rd, but I won't be accepting my seat. I just feel like there's a lot of cons than pros for the program, but it'll have some potential in the next 2-3 years and once it receives accreditation in 2 1/2 years.

Reactions: 1 user
I also received acceptance but turned them down. I was torn about it, but ultimately I felt like I could not make an informed enough decision as they provided so little information about the program. If the tuition had been significantly lower than private programs, I may have been swayed to take a gamble. I am a little bummed because they were my first choice based on logistics and potential, but I have to be sure about a three year, multi-thousand dollar investment.

I agree that once a couple of cohorts start pushing through, it will probably be a really interesting program. I did not want to volunteer to be a guinea pig for that much money, though.

I also received acceptance but turned them down. I was torn about it, but ultimately I felt like I could not make an informed enough decision as they provided so little information about the program. If the tuition had been significantly lower than private programs, I may have been swayed to take a gamble. I am a little bummed because they were my first choice based on logistics and potential, but I have to be sure about a three year, multi-thousand dollar investment.

I agree that once a couple of cohorts start pushing through, it will probably be a really interesting program. I did not want to volunteer to be a guinea pig for that much money, though.
Quick question, how much is the school's tuition?

Quick question, how much is the school's tuition?
For NV residents, tuition alone is $72k for the three years (with books and fees their estimate is $82k). For out of state it is closer to $120k for tuition and fees. This is not including housing.

There is a link up on the program's website that breaks it all down. I do think they are going to offer some scholarships, but they still haven't offered any further specifics on that.

For NV residents, tuition alone is $72k for the three years (with books and fees their estimate is $82k). For out of state it is closer to $120k for tuition and fees. This is not including housing.

There is a link up on the program's website that breaks it all down. I do think they are going to offer some scholarships, but they still haven't offered any further specifics on that.

I used this estimation calculator that is an estimate for UNLV grad schools. This would not count for specific costs needed for OT.

My estimation came out to be a total of $50,000 for the whole three years. I used the plan of study and looked at how many credits there were for each one and used the calculator. Each year was a slightly different amount bc the number of credits are not the same for each year. For instance year 1 was 19,170. Year 2 was 16,358, and lastly 14,667. This is for instate.

Members don't see this ad :)
After the KIRA interview did you get an in person interview? I’m applying for summer 2021

Has you gotten an interview email for UNLV or know when it would be sent out?
I haven’t gotten any word yet. I did the KIRA interview in November. Someone mentioned that we won’t find out if we get an interview until February. Any updates on your end?

I haven’t gotten any word yet. I did the KIRA interview in November. Someone mentioned that we won’t find out if we get an interview until February. Any updates on your end?
According to the director (as updated last week or so), we should know by the end of December if we get an interview email. Interviews will be in January, acceptances in early Feb. But, I still haven't gotten anything yet so it is possible it might be this week or next.

Does anyone know how many interview dates UNLV will have? I know of the one on January 14. Just curious if they have/had other dates scheduled
Hello, I had my interview on January 12th. I received my acceptance on January 24th :)

Hello, I had my interview on January 12th. I received my acceptance on January 24th :)
Hi! I am interviewing this January, how did the in person interview go? Did you end up attending? If so how is it?

Hi! I am interviewing this January, how did the in person interview go? Did you end up attending? If so how is it?
Hello! I applied for coming June 2022 semester and the director said interviews would happen January 13th and I should receive my interview soon. That was two weeks ago! When did you receive your invite your interview?! I am getting nervous on the wait now! Do you know anyone who has also been invited yet?

Hello! I applied for coming June 2022 semester and the director said interviews would happen January 13th and I should receive my interview soon. That was two weeks ago! When did you receive your invite your interview?! I am getting nervous on the wait now! Do you know anyone who has also been invited yet?
Hi! I received my interview invite on Tuesday, December 7. The OTD program assistant asked me for my time preference on the 13th and my updated Fall 2021 unofficial transcripts, and that was pretty much the extent of the interaction.

Hi! I received my interview invite on Tuesday, December 7. The OTD program assistant asked me for my time preference on the 13th and my updated Fall 2021 unofficial transcripts, and that was pretty much the extent of the interaction.
Thank you so much! Did you receive the invite via portal or email? :)

I am also interviewing on the 13th, have you interviewed anywhere else?
I have interviewed at Touro University Nevada. Where else have you interviewed?

On the UNLV note, I did attend a current student panel in October. Overall, they seemed to like it, although I have more questions now that I'm further along in the admissions process. I got the impression that the program is a little rough around the edges, but that's to be expected since it's so new. The faculty do seem to take student feedback into consideration.

I interviewed at GSU and J&W so far. Nice, I am looking forward to seeing the campus.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyones got any questions about this program message me. We're trying to do some outreach as our program is fairly new and is unknown. Cheers