UNM secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DianaUT06

MS4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the UNM secondary?? I've searched and haven't come up with anything. I applied just recently because my mother and uncle both got their M.D.'s there...so I'm still waiting on the secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. No one in here from NM??? Lol. ;)

Sorry to break it to you but you're probably going to get rejected unless you were part of some special program. I applied there and I got a thin envelope in July telling me that they weren't considering anyone OOS unless: a) you were part of something called WICHE or b) applying early decision. Apparently, this year they got rid of early decision so (b) isn't actually possible anymore.

They did give me a chance to appeal the decision but my appeal would have to be about how I had strong ties to the state of New Mexico.

If you have strong ties to the state (other than the fact that your parents are graduates) you can probably appeal. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know anything about the UNM secondary?? I've searched and haven't come up with anything. I applied just recently because my mother and uncle both got their M.D.'s there...so I'm still waiting on the secondary.

What's the verdict? Thin envelope or secondary?

This question may be a better fit for the Pre-Allo forum. Moving.