Unmatched IMG! Advice moving forward

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medstudenta1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just as the title mentions this past year was my 3rd time applying for match. I did receive 1 interview but unfortunately went unmatched. I did complete my Step 3 and applying one more time this year but I am aware that my YOG is getting older and possibility of never matching.

I am now considering moving forward to making some changes to my career. I have considered getting a MHA and entering the administrative field.

I also do really enjoy the clinical aspect of medicine and was considering going the NP/PA route but I believe it will add a few more years of education.

For anyone else in a similar situation, what is some helpful advice that can direct me towards to a rewarding career.

Thank you for reading through! Appreciate any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you FMG or US citizen? MHA will be similar time commitment as if you got into PA right away but PA programs are competitive. An accelerated nursing program will allow you to work while gaining experience to then apply to a quality NP school. I can’t support the straight through with 1 year experience NP programs as the value of NPs are their bedside nursing experience not their NP school curriculum.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you FMG or US citizen? MHA will be similar time commitment as if you got into PA right away but PA programs are competitive. An accelerated nursing program will allow you to work while gaining experience to then apply to a quality NP school. I can’t support the straight through with 1 year experience NP programs as the value of NPs are their bedside nursing experience not their NP school curriculum.
I am a US Citizen. Yes and I believe the PA programs require clinical shadowing under a PA along with a GRE. I did like that I could potentially work through while studying as a NP and still continue to work in a clinical environment after completion. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. I am working with a group that has a few residencies open this year and next, because we had a dip in attendance due to covid. Are you available to chat?

hey, just another unmatch fmg ready to move on, I wanted to ask, if you don't mind of course, what did you end up doing :)