UNMC General Surgery

Started by SLUser11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SLUser11

CRS
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have information about University of Nebraska Medical Center's general residency program? Students or current residents?

Specifically, why does it have probationary accreditation....why are there several FMGs....do the residents seem happy.....

I would appreciate any info. Thank you.


SLUser11
 
SLUser11 said:
Does anyone have information about University of Nebraska Medical Center's general residency program? Students or current residents?

Specifically, why does it have probationary accreditation....why are there several FMGs....do the residents seem happy.....

I would appreciate any info. Thank you.


SLUser11

I'm still a student, but I did do research in the surgery department this summer. I rubbed elbows with quite a few of their residents. I didn't ever hear any complaints about the program. I believe they have probationary accreditation because of resident work hour violations. The doc in charge of my lab mentioned something along those lines in passing. I'm not sure what FMG's are, however. Hope this helped somewhat.