Unmc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChilliCheeseDog

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any UNMC applicants out there.....whats u current status? havent seen anything on this forum.

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview Sep. 1st

Members don't see this ad :)
where is unmc

damn this thread is weak, are there no sdner's applying to this place or what?

hi, was it the first time u interviewed at UNMC?

Yep, first time...not a re-applicant

How was it? :)

The ineterview went really well. The faculty and students are very friendly. They have two interviews going on at once. The downstairs interview is with 4 members of the commitee and seemed much more stressful than mine. i had two members in a small office. So...hope for upstairs :) GL

Yep, first time...not a re-applicant

The ineterview went really well. The faculty and students are very friendly. They have two interviews going on at once. The downstairs interview is with 4 members of the commitee and seemed much more stressful than mine. i had two members in a small office. So...hope for upstairs :) GL

I hope I get an interview. I don't have one yet because I just took the DAT last week.. Did you meet Dr. Custer? He seems very nice.
Was your interview more like "questions and answers", or a conversation?

I got an interview :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied and they should be receiving my app soon if they haven't already. I have family in Lincoln which is why I am considering it.

congrats, when r u going...and if u dont mind telling me, are u in or out of state, and what r ur stats like?:rolleyes:

thanks

Mine is on Oct 20th. I'm in-state applicant. Stats: Science GPA 3.72, BCP GPA 3.81, Cumulative GPA 3.90. DAT 20/20/19

University of Nebraska Medical Center in Lincoln, NE

UN Medical Center's campus is in Omaha, only the College of Dentistry is located on UN-Lincoln's campus.

UN Medical Center's campus is in Omaha, only the College of Dentistry is located on UN-Lincoln's campus.

Dude, that is a sweet picture....I have about 200 different beer bottles. Ever drink @ Old Chicago?

I applied out-of-state, but have heard nothing. I've even called a few times leaving a message asking if my app is complete and no return call. Oh well, it is pretty far down on my list. Omaha is a cool town, but be it known, Lincoln may well be the lamest city in America. You better start liking the Huskers, because that's all it has to offer:)

I applied out-of-state, but have heard nothing. I've even called a few times leaving a message asking if my app is complete and no return call. Oh well, it is pretty far down on my list. Omaha is a cool town, but be it known, Lincoln may well be the lamest city in America. You better start liking the Huskers, because that's all it has to offer:)

lmao, i bet u really know what ur talking about:cool:

Well...being that I spent about 25 years of my life in that area, I probably would.;)

I'm sure u feel that way, but thats just you and whoever else u know from that area that feels the same.......i just think your original post was is poor taste, thats all.

Dude, that is a sweet picture....I have about 200 different beer bottles. Ever drink @ Old Chicago?

Thank you, thank you. That picture is less than half of our old collection ... there was another 4 shelves on the other opposite wall and a bookshelf just off to the right, all unique. We ran out of new beers to try at the supermarkets close to campus senior year. ::single tear:: Ohh, how I miss undergrad....we'd have parties, guys would walk into that room (The canyon, as we called it) and go..."Oh wow...that's a lot of bottles....ohh wait, they're all different?...oh wow...there's more over here...wow. What's your favorite?"

And yes, been to Ol' Chi-town - still working on joinging the Wall of Foam. I think i'm probably one of the few people that ask to take bottles home w/ them...heh.

Where are you from ? Any local brews you'd recomend trying??

Thank you, thank you. That picture is less than half of our old collection ... there was another 4 shelves on the other opposite wall and a bookshelf just off to the right, all unique. We ran out of new beers to try at the supermarkets close to campus senior year. ::single tear:: Ohh, how I miss undergrad....we'd have parties, guys would walk into that room (The canyon, as we called it) and go..."Oh wow...that's a lot of bottles....ohh wait, they're all different?...oh wow...there's more over here...wow. What's your favorite?"

And yes, been to Ol' Chi-town - still working on joinging the Wall of Foam. I think i'm probably one of the few people that ask to take bottles home w/ them...heh.

Yeah, I'm starting to have a hard time finding new beers. They're always really cool about bringing bottles home from old chicago, they'll even offer to rinse them out sometimes.....Just had a REAL good beer last night the Eden Prarie Old Chicago called Pickaxe Pale ale. Kentucky Ale, Redhook Winter Ale, Singletrack, and a tall cold tap Sam Adams is always good.

I'm sure u feel that way, but thats just you and whoever else u know from that area that feels the same.......i just think your original post was is poor taste, thats all.
I apologize. Don't get me wrong, I love the midwest, and Lincoln does have a lot of things going for it for the right person.

If you haven't yet, which I'm guessing you may have, try all of the Empyrean Ales from Lazlo's Brewery here in Lincoln... -- http://www.telesis-inc.com/empyrean/ -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empyrean_Brewing_Company

Also there's a tiny company in Cortland, NE who makes a FANTASTIC beer called Hopluia -- http://www.spilkerales.com/

Found a list of 'all' breweries in Nebraska (might not be complete) -- http://beerme.com/breweries/us/ne/

Is it weird that I registered on this site just to give you those links? Yeah, I'm lame like that. Good to see another beer enthusiast from Nebraska.

Cheers,
Chris

If you haven't yet, which I'm guessing you may have, try all of the Empyrean Ales from Lazlo's Brewery here in Lincoln... -- http://www.telesis-inc.com/empyrean/ -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empyrean_Brewing_Company

Also there's a tiny company in Cortland, NE who makes a FANTASTIC beer called Hopluia -- http://www.spilkerales.com/

Found a list of 'all' breweries in Nebraska (might not be complete) -- http://beerme.com/breweries/us/ne/

Is it weird that I registered on this site just to give you those links? Yeah, I'm lame like that. Good to see another beer enthusiast from Nebraska.

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Chris - thanks for the links - I don't even know where Cortland *IS* but I'm certainly going to find out. Where in Nebraska are you from?

Cortland is straight south of Lincoln about 25 minutes on Hwy 77. Pop. is maybe 300?? Driven through there many times...never knew about the brewery.

It's always fun to try a new brew...esp. coming from beer capital USA in Fort Collins, CO.

Is this getting off topic???:confused:

Cortland is straight south of Lincoln about 25 minutes on Hwy 77. Pop. is maybe 300?? Driven through there many times...never knew about the brewery.

It's always fun to try a new brew...esp. coming from beer capital USA in Fort Collins, CO.

Is this getting off topic???:confused:
Off topic is fine:) You guys would love it in Portland. Annual brewfest every year has probably at least 100 local breweries (pac nw) to try. It's like a giant party by the river...good reason to go to OHSU:) Kind of funny I was never into microbrews until here, so i've never gotten to try those Nebraska ales:) I'll try one if UNMC will show me some love!

hey..just wondering if anyone knows when the deposit deadline is...do they even have a second round of acceptances...with only 45 seats, i bet they have all been filled by now huh......

They sent out 45 acceptances and got 45 deposits. I sent in mine to buy more time for the decision. I've decided on another school, so there is one spot opening.

They sent out 45 acceptances and got 45 deposits. I sent in mine to buy more time for the decision. I've decided on another school, so there is one spot opening.

What state of residence are you from claydds?
yes, they do have another round of acceptances. The commitee meets on Jan. 26. With only 45 spots, most have been filled i'm sure, so they probably won't be giving too many more acceptances out. that's what i think at least.

So there is still some hope! I'm fortunate enough to be in somewhere else, but would love to be in Lincoln.

30 of their spots are for in-state students and those from the states they have those special deals worked out with. That means there are 15 seats left for out of state students, and I was told by the admissions office that there were at least 800 applicants for those 15 spots. I consider my stats pretty competitive but they weren't quite good enough to warrant an interview.

I didn't really expect much from UNMC, but because it was such a slim chance, i think I wanted it more, so I can't deny I am disappointed that I was denied without even an interview.

congrats and best of luck to all out of staters who have been or will be accepted!

What state of residence are you from claydds?
yes, they do have another round of acceptances. The commitee meets on Jan. 26. With only 45 spots, most have been filled i'm sure, so they probably won't be giving too many more acceptances out. that's what i think at least.

I'm a South Dakota resident. I went there two days ago to help decide between Nebraska and another school. I was told that they've recieved 45 deposits, including mine. I've decided to go to the other school, so there's for sure one spot that will become open

hi all,
i still haven't heard from them....i'm guessing that's not a good sign. how many seats are there in the class? why have they only sent out 45 acceptances thus far?

hi all,
i still haven't heard from them....i'm guessing that's not a good sign. how many seats are there in the class? why have they only sent out 45 acceptances thus far?

There are only 45 seats.

If you haven't interviewed yet, I'd say you are out of luck.

Off topic is fine:) You guys would love it in Portland. Annual brewfest every year has probably at least 100 local breweries (pac nw) to try. It's like a giant party by the river...good reason to go to OHSU:) Kind of funny I was never into microbrews until here, so i've never gotten to try those Nebraska ales:) I'll try one if UNMC will show me some love!

I think you would love Denver. I am sure daylily1985 would agree. Every year Denver holds the Great American Beer Festival. Over 300 different breweries from around the US, bringing in over 1600+ different beers to taste. Now this is a fun time:D I:love:beer

i actually interviewed with them in oct, but have not heard back. i am out of state though.

I think you would love Denver. I am sure daylily1985 would agree. Every year Denver holds the Great American Beer Festival. Over 300 different breweries from around the US, bringing in over 1600+ different beers to taste. Now this is a fun time:D I:love:beer
Yeah, I think you're right, I would like it there. I started wishing awhile back that I had applied to Colorado. Oh well, I'll just have to work with what I got:)

Anyone hear anything from UNMC today? I think today was the day that the committee was meeting again.

oh, u mean things are about to get waitlistalishiss...haven't heard anything, they prob. mailed some stuff today, or will do so on Monday...jeewillakers, im so excited:thumbdown: