unofficial longest wait contest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opinionkitten

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats the longest anyone here has waited, is still waiting, for word from complete date of secondary?

for your consideration:
NU, complete since August 17.....still not a word (i can still access the status page)

3.5 months and counting! woo!

Members don't see this ad.

opinionkitten said:
whats the longest anyone here has waited, is still waiting, for word from complete date of secondary?

for your consideration:
NU, complete since August 17.....still not a word (i can still access the status page)

3.5 months and counting! woo!

George Washington University - complete August 15th
Tufts University - complete August 6th!
St. Louis University August 18th

And some other ones too, but its too depressing to list.

Members don't see this ad :)
UC Irvine: complete on 7/29 (more than four months ago)
UMich: complete on 8/4 (four months tomorrow)

GWU: completed Aug 4
MSSM: completed Aug 27
Tufts: completed Aug 27
USC: completed Aug 27
UCLA: completed Aug 30

UCSF complete 9/13 . . . *cricket noises*

UVA-complete on July 26
Baylor-complete on July 28
UNC-waiting since I submitted my AMCAS on June 5th

I think my application has been pretty much placed in the "junk" file at these schools.

How about this....my application was processed on June 15th for TMDSAS (Texas' equivalent of AMCAS) and I won't hear about any acceptances til Feb 1, the designated match day.

Seven and a half months of mandatory waiting? I don't want to hear anymore complaining.

ah! And I thought my situation was bad... Upenn, 2 months...

Do you guys have other interviews and/or acceptances? Cuz if I had even 1 acceptance, I would tell whatever school has made me wait more than two months to ki$$ my a$$ !

Actually, if I had even 1 acceptance, I would withdraw all my other applications. Tired of this process... :rolleyes:

Hey Guys, just wanted to put my 2 cents. I am currently in med school and just wanted to tell you to hang in there. Just to give you an idea of what I went through.

took april MCAT 2003 last year

completed AMCAS around June 26, 2003

was verified by AMCAS by early July

completed secondaries at most schools by late July to early august

received earliest interview offer in late NOV and interviewed until march

received first acceptance in January but waitlisted at first choice

was pulled off the wailist on July 14, 2004 , more than a full year since I applied

It's difficult to wait especially when you are holding a spot at a school from another state while waitlisting at your home state.... Needless to say, I bit my fingernails down to the bone during this past summer.

Hang in there. Be patient, find something to keep your mind off every once in a while.

Wash U: secondary completed on Aug 1st and nothing yet after 4 months
Cornell: got called to interview after 3 months of being complete
Duke: got called to interview after 2.5 months of being complete
UPenn: got called to interview after 2 months of being complete

I would say that unless it's past 3 months, there's still plenty of hope for an interview :) .

Pass the three month threshold
NU - Aug 6th
Penn - Aug 20th
WashU - Aug 20th

Emory - Sep 10th
Stanford - Sep 13th
Yale - Sep 14th

since many of my schools had passed 3 months threshold, let extend the threshold to 4 months, or till the end of December, whatever comes first, so we can still have some hope :)

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Paragozardelsol said:
Pass the three month threshold
NU - Aug 6th
Penn - Aug 20th
WashU - Aug 20th

Emory - Sep 10th
Stanford - Sep 13th
Yale - Sep 14th

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Rochester - August 3rd
New York Medical College - August 5th
New York University - August 10th
Loyola - September ?

I almost forgot I applied to these schools since it's been so freakin long.

Not sure if this is the same, but I had my app into Tufts around mid-Sept and my letters sent at the end of Sept. In Oct I received a letter saying that my letters were not in, so I call early Nov and the guy on the phone told me that my app was "in limbo" and to call back the next Tues, which, if you listen to the recording at the beginning of the call it says that they interview on Tuesdays and so no one is in the office. . .I finally received a letter on Nov 22 saying my file is now complete. . .2 months to complete my file?! Oh, in-state and complete in Miami July 28, still no word about interview. . .

gatorgrl7 said:
Not sure if this is the same, but I had my app into Tufts around mid-Sept and my letters sent at the end of Sept. In Oct I received a letter saying that my letters were not in, so I call early Nov and the guy on the phone told me that my app was "in limbo" and to call back the next Tues, which, if you listen to the recording at the beginning of the call it says that they interview on Tuesdays and so no one is in the office. . .I finally received a letter on Nov 22 saying my file is now complete. . .2 months to complete my file?! Oh, in-state and complete in Miami July 28, still no word about interview. . .

same thing happened to me with tufts! whenever i called to see if my app was complete, they said my 2ndary wasn't processed so they couldn't tell me..and then mid nov. i get a letter in the mail saying they didn't have my letters! app complete late nov.. i'm sure i have a lot of waiting to do :rolleyes:

Jefferson: Complete July 14
Temple: July 26
Drexel: August 20

Must be a philly thing....

Whats up with tufts and letters of rec.? I just got a letter from them saying that didnt have one yet, but I know it was sent. Now I have to get another one sent while all this time I thought my app was being reviewed :confused:

LionKing said:
Jefferson: Complete July 14
Temple: July 26
Drexel: August 20

Must be a philly thing....

Well that makes me feel better... I've also been complete at Jefferson since July with no word yet.

By the way, love the pic of Joepa ;)

sdnuser and futrorthodr, sorry to hear it happened to you guys too. they must be very unorganized over there - really makes me want to go there. . . :rolleyes:

Cornell: Complete 7/16
NYU: Complete 8/5
MSSM: Complete 8/25

I feel like I'm just waiting for my rejection letters at this point...

Jefferson 7/13
Yale 7/13
Einstein 7/13
GW 7/12

Beat that ;)

gatorgrl7 said:

Omigosh! That guy on the phone told me to call back Tuesday too! Pretty evil huh. Grrrr :( Similar situation with me. My file should have been completed around mid Oct since my letters were sent in early Oct and I even received the certified mail return receipt so I know that someone in the office signed for it -hey maybe it was even that guy on the phone! - however I received a notice stating that my file was incomplete b/c my recs weren't in. Argh! When I called,the guy told me to call back next Tuesday. Anyways, I was so frustrated that I ended up shelling out another 20 bucks to overnite my recs so now my file is complete. Finally!