Unofficial vs. Official post-bacc (clarification)

Started by dr.phoot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dr.phoot

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, gang:

Have a degree already, but I'm retaking classes because not all my prerequisites are C and above. I am enrolled as a second degree seeker because it's tough to get the science classes -- especially prerequisites--you need as a non-matric.

Since I already have a degree, this is considered a Postbacc, right? I don't intend to go all the way through and finish; just need to retake prerequisites and whatever upper courses are interesting. I ask because I was considering enrolling officially in a Postbacc but their courses are basically all classes I can take on my own as a 2nd degree seeker.

So would my classes in the second degree program be considered as a postbacc even though it's not a formal postbacc program with a certificate at the end? Should I ask the schools?
 
[...] Since I already have a degree, this is considered a Postbacc, right? [...]
Whether they will calculate it that way, I am not sure. For certain, however, you're not pursuing an actual postbaccalaureate degree, since you're pursuing a degree at the baccalaureate level. You could say this is "Bacc: Round II," if you want to call it something, or go with the label you mentioned as a "second degree seeker."