unsatisfied DAT score, in need of guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

susule94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated 2018 undergrad with a GPA: 3.9
I have over 200 hours in shadowing and working as a dental assistant
and over 300 volunteering hrs
accumulating from 2019-2021

the second attempt DAT i score
Pat: 22
QR: 19
RC:15
Bio: 19
Chem: 19
Orgo: 22
TS: 19
AA: 19
i applied to 10 schools around the range of AA: 18-20
and didnt receive any interviews
I figure it was because my RC score was too low

I attempt the DAT for the 3rd time and didn't do as good compared to my 2nd attempt

Pat: 23
QR: 17
RC:16
Bio: 18
Chem: 18
Orgo: 21
AA: 18

I was planning to apply next cycle 23-24 depending on the score i receive on my 3rd attempt... but now
at this point, I honestly don't know what to do...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I graduated 2018 undergrad with a GPA: 3.9
I have over 200 hours in shadowing and working as a dental assistant
and over 300 volunteering hrs
accumulating from 2019-2021

the second attempt DAT i score
Pat: 22
QR: 19
RC:15
Bio: 19
Chem: 19
Orgo: 22
AA: 19
i applied to 10 schools around the range of AA: 18-20
and didnt receive any interviews
I figure it was because my RC score was too low

I attempt the DAT for the 3rd time and didn't do as good compared to my 2nd attempt

Pat: 23
QR: 17
RC:16
Bio: 18
Chem: 18
Orgo: 21
AA: 18

I was planning to apply next cycle 23-24 depending on the score i receive on my 3rd attempt... but now
at this point, I honestly don't know what to do...
I can feel your disappointment after a lot of hard work. Your scores are not bad and you have an excellent GPA. Are you applying to certain schools? I am very surprised you did not get any interviews after applying to 10 schools. Are the schools you are applying to very competitive and have a lot of students applying?

You didn't mention your first DAT score, you started with 2 and 3, so assume DAT 1 was lower than 2 and 3. I admire your determination and I would apply with these scores and maybe add a few more schools.

Wishing you the best...Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Reactions: 1 user
I can feel your disappointment after a lot of hard work. Your scores are not bad and you have an excellent GPA. Are you applying to certain schools? I am very surprised you did not get any interviews after applying to 10 schools. Are the schools you are applying to very competitive and have a lot of students applying?

You didn't mention your first DAT score, you started with 2 and 3, so assume DAT 1 was lower than 2 and 3. I admire your determination and I would apply with these scores and maybe add a few more schools.

Wishing you the best...Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers
my first DAT scores were AA: 16 TS: 17
PAT: 21 QR: 15 RC:14 Bio:15 GC:18 OC: 20

the schools I applied to were

creighton
DCG
lecom
LSU
Meharry
SIU
IOWA
UIC
kentucky UKY
UNMC
Boston GSDM

my first DAT scores were AA: 16 TS: 17
PAT: 21 QR: 15 RC:14 Bio:15 GC:18 OC: 20

the schools I applied to were

creighton
DCG
lecom
LSU
Meharry
SIU
IOWA
UIC
kentucky UKY
UNMC
Boston GSDM
I am very surprised you did not get any interviews, this really has me baffled. I assume you have a strong personal statement and everything else in your application is in order. One thing I noticed in all 3 times you took the DAT exam that you did quite well in the Chemistry sections where many students struggle. My only other suggestion would be to call a few of the schools on your list or if any are close enough pay them a visit and perhaps you can find someone to offer some guidance. Again I find it strange you did not get even 1 interview invite.

I wish I could be of more help. Let us know what you find out.

Wishing you the best...Nancy

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user