unsatisfied DAT score, in need of guidance

Started by susule94
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

susule94

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated 2018 undergrad with a GPA: 3.9
I have over 200 hours in shadowing and working as a dental assistant
and over 300 volunteering hrs
accumulating from 2019-2021

the second attempt DAT i score
Pat: 22
QR: 19
RC:15
Bio: 19
Chem: 19
Orgo: 22
TS: 19
AA: 19
i applied to 10 schools around the range of AA: 18-20
and didnt receive any interviews
I figure it was because my RC score was too low

I attempt the DAT for the 3rd time and didn't do as good compared to my 2nd attempt

Pat: 23
QR: 17
RC:16
Bio: 18
Chem: 18
Orgo: 21
TS: 19
AA: 18

I was planning to apply next cycle 23-24 depending on the score i receive on my 3rd attempt... but now
at this point, I honestly don't know what to do...
 
Last edited:
I graduated 2018 undergrad with a GPA: 3.9
I have over 200 hours in shadowing and working as a dental assistant
and over 300 volunteering hrs
accumulating from 2019-2021

the second attempt DAT i score
Pat: 22
QR: 19
RC:15
Bio: 19
Chem: 19
Orgo: 22
TS: 19
AA: 19
i applied to 10 schools around the range of AA: 18-20
and didnt receive any interviews
I figure it was because my RC score was too low

I attempt the DAT for the 3rd time and didn't do as good compared to my 2nd attempt

Pat: 23
QR: 17
RC:16
Bio: 18
Chem: 18
Orgo: 21
TS: 19
AA: 18

I was planning to apply next cycle 23-24 depending on the score i receive on my 3rd attempt... but now
at this point, I honestly don't know what to do...
I can feel your disappointment after a lot of hard work. Your scores are not bad and you have an excellent GPA. Are you applying to certain schools? I am very surprised you did not get any interviews after applying to 10 schools. Are the schools you are applying to very competitive and have a lot of students applying?

You didn't mention your first DAT score, you started with 2 and 3, so assume DAT 1 was lower than 2 and 3. I admire your determination and I would apply with these scores and maybe add a few more schools.

Wishing you the best...Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers
 
I can feel your disappointment after a lot of hard work. Your scores are not bad and you have an excellent GPA. Are you applying to certain schools? I am very surprised you did not get any interviews after applying to 10 schools. Are the schools you are applying to very competitive and have a lot of students applying?

You didn't mention your first DAT score, you started with 2 and 3, so assume DAT 1 was lower than 2 and 3. I admire your determination and I would apply with these scores and maybe add a few more schools.

Wishing you the best...Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers
my first DAT scores were AA: 16 TS: 17
PAT: 21 QR: 15 RC:14 Bio:15 GC:18 OC: 20

the schools I applied to were

creighton
DCG
lecom
LSU
Meharry
SIU
IOWA
UIC
kentucky UKY
UNMC
Boston GSDM
 
my first DAT scores were AA: 16 TS: 17
PAT: 21 QR: 15 RC:14 Bio:15 GC:18 OC: 20

the schools I applied to were

creighton
DCG
lecom
LSU
Meharry
SIU
IOWA
UIC
kentucky UKY
UNMC
Boston GSDM
I am very surprised you did not get any interviews, this really has me baffled. I assume you have a strong personal statement and everything else in your application is in order. One thing I noticed in all 3 times you took the DAT exam that you did quite well in the Chemistry sections where many students struggle. My only other suggestion would be to call a few of the schools on your list or if any are close enough pay them a visit and perhaps you can find someone to offer some guidance. Again I find it strange you did not get even 1 interview invite.

I wish I could be of more help. Let us know what you find out.

Wishing you the best...Nancy

Nancy
 
Last edited: