Unsolicited ASCO Event Invitations

Started by deleted774703
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted774703

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Going to my first ASCO this year and I have been receiving unsolicited invitations to ASCO receptions for departments that I am unaffiliated with.

Does anyone know if these are generic and sent to everyone or do departments specifically send these for a reason?

If the former, then any point in going?

Thanks!
 
Hi,

Going to my first ASCO this year and I have been receiving unsolicited invitations to ASCO receptions for departments that I am unaffiliated with.

Does anyone know if these are generic and sent to everyone or do departments specifically send these for a reason?

If the former, then any point in going?

Thanks!
They are generic. You should go if you love free food/booze and can stomach being a room with a bunch of other uptight oncologists to get it.

I generally pay for my own food/booze and enjoy it with the company I choose.