Unsolicited Jobs Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another failed market!!!

Call me out @Neuronix

Not enough of them and big radonc gobbling em up for a low efficiency, low added efficacy and ultra high physics utilization known as protons!
The change in residency requirement did that!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
1671738043300.png

1671738009336.png

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Another failed market!!!

Call me out @Neuronix

Not enough of them and big radonc gobbling em up for a low efficiency, low added efficacy and ultra high physics utilization intervention known as protons!

Woof!! We don't do that to our medoncs.
Our medoncs see 20 pts and seem very happy. Most have extenders.

Reactions: 4 users
Our medoncs see 20 pts and seem very happy. Most have extenders.
Yup. 20-30 daily +/- extenders. If they're on the high end of that it's mainly breast patients on AI and/or benign heme stuff that takes no time. I think they make a TON.

View attachment 363748

Does anyone know who I can call to legally require any hospital with 501c(3) status to use the term "tax dodging Satan scrubbers" instead of "not-for-profit"?
ANOTHER ONE.. lol. F'n Iowa nowhere satellite. "nowhere to live, none of the pay, all of the headaches.. who's with me?" Anyone taking a PENNY LESS THAN 750k w2 can just GTFO.

If you enjoy living in small town Iowa, then have I got the job for you!

COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Radiation Oncology
  • $550,000 Salary Guarantee <-- this is all you will possibly ever get
  • Annual Bonus Pool Production Income "Significant" <-- haha joke's on you, read the fine print
  • $25,000 Annual Retention Bonus <-- possibly? oops cancelled due to economic downturn
  • $30,000 Sign-On-Bonus <-- should cover your moving costs, oh, and its taxable biyatch cause you a W2
  • Comprehensive Benefits Package including Retirement 8% Match <-- vesting terms? lol.. see if you can survive that long..
  • Relocation, Malpractice Insurance, Health, Dental, Vision, 7 weeks PTO, 7 Paid Holidays, Life & Disability Insurance, etc. <-- other than "7 weeks" which ?? probably include the 7 holidays ie 6 weeks, the rest is likely the usual low quality low $ crap-version (c-suite gets another flavor homie, and you ain't in da club)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FACILITY DETAILS
  • Academic Employed Opportunity with University, but Free Standing Clinic Based Outpatient Practice Setting <-- LOL LOL
  • Amazing Equipment: 2 Linear Accelerators, CT, PET, X-Ray On-site <-- not disclosed so.. how hard will you be working for your who knows but likely 60$/wRVU with a huge minimum threshold to overcome first .. lol..
  • Telephone Call only; No Hospital Admissions or Rounding
  • 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 (late patient) 5 day work week <-- rut roh you can't leave yet
  • Great Support: 2 Physicists, 3 Dosimetrists, Nursing On-site
  • Team Oriented, Great Support, Great Collegiality
  • Active Clinical Trials and Team to Support
Next..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't work for that in a city. That's poverty line in Biden's America!
my wife makes 200k as a board certified doctor, community practice, peds, near 5 yrs out from training.
thats the sad reality we live in.
you have 22 yr old comp sci kids working in tech making more than doctors

my wife makes 200k as a board certified doctor, community practice, peds, near 5 yrs out from training.
i had some fantastical dreams when i was in college.
radoncftw driving an m3, balling out

i laugh at my young self

• Haha
I think jondunn has become radicalized by rohub and 4chan.
I don’t know that *they* radicalized him. Like in “Young Frankenstein” when Gene Wilder yells at Marty Feldman “Damn your eyes!” And Marty Feldman looks in the camera (with congenital proptosis only a mother could love) and goes “TOO LATE.”

My wife is board certified, well experienced family medicine. Her old practice pays 180k/year for 5 days a week in clinic, 20-25 pts/day. She works part-time now but would make 220k full-time in her current practice.

Msk > Harvard afaik, Harvard definitely under that, maybe not for a satellite gig, but have definitely heard that for main campus

Harvard main center clinical positions start at mid-200s, satellites add 100k to that. The main center gigs are basically impossible to get unless you trained there. This is per a friend who works there. They have some research positions that pay less than this.

Reactions: 2 users
You can't buy much clam chowdah with that kind of pay. And the harvard paper won't hold the weed any better than any other paper so... I guess that sucks.

• Haha
You can't buy much clam chowdah with that kind of pay. And the harvard paper won't hold the weed any better than any other paper so... I guess that sucks.
no surprise that the great resignation has hit academic depts hard. my training program is running thin. i hear the chair (who does not have a service) has been covering satellites.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
no surprise that the great resignation has hit academic depts hard. my training program is running thin. i hear the chair (who does not have a service) has been covering satellites.
Maybe they’ll appreciate having attendings OR not…probably will try to expand the training g program despite the thin numbers and hire NPs

RO salaries are depressed in the Boston area and that oversupply spills into the surrounding states and rural MA. It's been like that for at least 10 years

Reactions: 3 users
**** weather, **** salaries
NE has notoriously low salaries. Partly because they have a ton of residency programs in the state and its home to alot of the insurers. Home state advantage I guess.

NE has notoriously low salaries. Partly because they have a ton of residency programs in the state and its home to alot of the insurers. Home state advantage I guess.
High taxes too. CT takes the cake with "personal" property tax, essentially paying for the privilege every year to own a depreciating asset (your car/truck/minivan) applicable to every vehicle you own

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Hmm
High taxes too. CT takes the cake with "personal" property tax, essentially paying for the privilege every year to own a depreciating asset (your car/truck/minivan) on every vehicle you own

Thats the most absurd thing they have. It's like we're taxing a depreciating asset like that. That entire region is just completely ****ed. W2 people living in CT or MA are the ones that get hosed. The rich living in Boston and the Gold coast in CT barely notice because they barely pay taxes as it is! Like for alll their ****ing progressive taxes and polcies they are literally a giant hob for some of the richest people in america.

If you aren't depreciating assets or writing off expenses, then you're a good little W2 wage serf.. whether you're making 50k or 500k, you get a shyt sandwich just the same. Delicious.

MA is also a CON state (at least it used to be). That means UMass satellite in Fitchburg can perpetually cycle through docs. paying them 290K for 30 pts under the beam, without fear of any competition emerging

I don’t understand how heme/onc bills but it seems like the don’t generate a ton of RVUs -at least not in my academic microcosm. I guess my question is… why would they ever get 1.5M, regardless of the location?
Pharmacies. For starters. Favorable margins on immuno, for seconders.

And lots and lots of immuno. "But its only to be used IF radiation and surgery are not available." I literally just had this conversation 15 minutes ago.

Lol. Print it.

Last edited:
And lots and lots of immuno. "But its only to be used IF radiation and surgery are not available." I literally just had this conversation 15 minutes ago.

Lol. Print it.
Whole new avenues for io in the last 5 years between adjuvant lung and skin cancer that can't get rt or surgery as just two examples

Lol. Print it.

Can’t wait for the IO De-esc trials at ASCO …oh wait